Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Id_asz

FFA SoCal arcade scene: BB, GG, MB (and other airdashers)

Oh, and would Tuesday nights or Thursday night be better for weekday casual meet-ups?

Thursdays were good for me, but the guy who works Thurs nights got in a nasty car accident and I'm covering for him. Looks like it might be a permanent change, too. I get off at 10, so it's not too big a burden, but I heard a couple other people ask for a different day, too. So I just want some other opinions.

Also, if I haven't mentioned it, if anyone has a copy of CS and wants to bring it, I can set it up for casuals.

Great games tonight $2, Dinnerplate, BadX, and Raptor. I had a lot of fun.

CS on Saturday or Sunday?

I'll be here for games for it, but my copy won't be coming in this weekend. It's still on backorder. So if someone wants to bring it, we can play, but otherwise it'll just be GG and MBAA.

Seung has been at the arcade nearly every night delivering some Guilty Gear punishment. I swear, he knows how to play every character expertly.

The new cabinets have just come in through customs (4 of them, possibly 2 are head-to-head [with just one panel] and 2 with 2P panels on them). The space was cleared in the arcade for them when we pick them up tomorrow. They're HD Delta 32 cabinets (these). At the moment we don't have anything new to put in them, but they'll be coming soon (*cough* BBCS *cough*). Until then Ralph will probably put in some other games he's got (Maybe Guilty Gear and putting Vampire Savior in the GG spot or something).

Also, this Tuesday is 7/27, which means BBCS! I'll be at the arcade with my copy on the day of release (Tuesday), as well as the Thursday afterwards (for airdashers Thursdays), and on Saturday (Maybe even Sunday and Friday, too). So the whole week I'll pretty much be up for BBCS.

Tournaments will start again! Sunday, August 8th is the date I'm looking at. Melty Blood: Actress Again (Console) and Guilty Gear Λ Core (Arcade) will be at 2PM, and BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (Console PS3) will be at 5PM. You can also expect these to come bi-weekly like we used to.

P.S. Airdasher (and other) tournament schedules are coming soon on FFAs website: ffa-united.com.

We just brought the cabinets into the arcade.

wow...

The pictures don't do it justice. I'll see about maybe putting Guilty Gear in them until we get BBCS.

Those cabs look like they take alot of space. Anyways, that's great news.

We've got all 4 of them in a row next to our main SF4. We need to check what kind of voltage they use (If it's JP, then we have to modify it) before we can turn them on. But we'll see about getting stuff in them tomorrow.

They're definitely roomy for one person, but that wall was practically dead space anyways. It's nice having a 32" HD LCD screen all to yourself.

I am an old-school GGXX player who will be free in SoCal from August 3rd to August 8th. I'm looking for GGXX (I'm very rusty) and mainly BBCS comp during that time period. I'm not sure if anyone from SoCal even knows who I am anymore (lol hahaha) so please, post up if you are down to to get some games in! The last time I was in SoCal I thought I could just drop by AI...look how wrong I was! Apparently I have to scream and shout over IRC to get any of the active players to come out, so hopefully it doesn;t come to that.

Let me know!

Just got BBCS and put it into the cabinets (woot!). However, we're still troubleshooting some kins in it. For now only one player is working (which is on free play until we get both working).

The cabinets MIGHT get ready by the end of tonight, but should be ready for tomorrow night barring any unforeseen events.

I'll be making a thread in the Event threads section soon for the upcoming tournaments.

Hello, I'm new to the LA area, and I'm looking for a place to play BBCS. Unfortunately I'm a pad player, so I need places to play the console version.

Just got BBCS and put it into the cabinets (woot!). However, we're still troubleshooting some kins in it. For now only one player is working (which is on free play until we get both working).

The cabinets MIGHT get ready by the end of tonight, but should be ready for tomorrow night barring any unforeseen events.

I'll be making a thread in the Event threads section soon for the upcoming tournaments.

Just saw this thread. I need to start hitting up FFA again and check out those new setups.

Just got back from FFA. And I have to say, that BBCS setup is niiiiiiiiiice. Maybe even a few more I's in there. It's THAT good.

*yawn* just got back from FFA, I can't get enough of BBCS. <3 Carl.

GGs Tronzilla, Ehx, CrimsonBlaze, BlueGarbage, and all the other people I played against. Jason, it was great to see you back and dominating with Rachel. I'll be there tomorrow, probably all day, so maybe I'll see you guys there.

BTW, I just wanted to lol @ Street Fighter X Tekken.

Ralph called it, but I thought it wouldn't happen. I naively thought Capcom was going to make a brand new fighting game, something they haven't done since Rival Schools in '97.

I don't understand why Tekken players would play this if it's going to be 2D. And are they really going for chain combos and tag team supers in a game that moves at SF4's pace?

Well, there's going to be a Tekken version (Made by Namco), too. Tekken X Street Fighter. That one plays like Tekken, but has Street Fighter characters with them.

It's like CvS and SvC; Capcom vs. SNK plays like a Capcom game, SNK vs. Capcom plays like an SNK game.

When Ralph proposed the Tekken/Street Fighter crossover, I instantly thought, "Those games are so different, you couldn't combine the system mechanics of both games." SF has Light, Medium, Heavy; Tekken has Left and Right. SF is on a 2D plane, Tekken is 3D with side-stepping. SF has moves like 236P, 214K; Tekken has moves like 6+RP+LK. They're so different it would be un-feasible to combine them in the same game. But if each of them made a game with the other's characters, but playing like their own game, that would work.

I just don't see many Tekken players who would jump on SFxT when they could play TxSF, and vice-versa.