Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skye

Skye and the Magic Madcatz SFIV TE Fightstick

>.>

Okay so it's not magic.....but anyone who give a shit about my ramblings here (no one) knows that I wanted a fresh start with BBCS, since I have to relearn my character, why not do it on a stick.

I wanted to go one step further, I wanted to mod it get a taste of seimitsu buttons, since Axis' sanwa is not to my liking. So I ordered both my TE and buttons some days back, they came in the mail today, and this is my adventure of modding.

062410162738-1.jpg

I'll be closely following this tutorial.

The reason I'm special~

You%2BAre%2BNot%2BSpecial%2B001.jpg

--D:

i-is, because I'm a first time stick user and modder. This can help pave the way for other first time stick modders who are a bit intimidated by the whole process, if the infamous dumb Skye can do it, you can too!

If this inspires you to mod your stick, remember that if you fuck up, that's on you and you alone.

Tools used~

Allen Wrench

Flathead Screwdriver

Erm...tweezer thingies. :v:

062410170901.jpg

Buttons~

PS-14-GN 30mm Pushbutton Various colors

You can find them at Lizardlick.com, a universally trusted site on SRK.

Once I was done nerdgasming, I got my tools together and began immediately. My first step was unscrewing the top screws via allen wrench. Once that was done, I opened it up and smiled.

062410163326.jpg

Me: :D

I had to carefully handle the wires to the buttons, it took forever, but once following the tutorial's alternate option, I found it to be easier. Then I had to get the button out.

:vbang:

These bastards are tough! You'd think for snap ins, they'd pop right out, oh no sir! You gotta go he-man on these things, my fingers hurt from just getting one out.

Since I got screw in seimitsu, I knew of the "A button" issue, for those who didn't click the above link, the holder that keeps the stick in place sort of blocks the screw, what I did was file the top part of the holder down, so my screw just barely (but tightly) fits in place. I then screwed in from the top. Be careful not to screw it in while tilted. I did and it was a bitch getting out.

But after preservation, I succeeded.

062410170811.jpg

^Sorry for the bad lighting, it was hard to get my lamp in place AND take the picture that close, I'm using a phone for pics.

062410170831.jpg

Time to do the other buttons....

:vbang:

One thing worth mentioning in my experience of these buttons, they are really tough. You have to put a frightening amount of force into removing these buttons and even some wires. The best I can say is throw some music on, get a few sticks of gum and be patient.

I got them all screwed in, re-input wires, put it back together and I threw up BB and gave it a shot.

062410174503.jpg

Final Conclusion~

It works! Everything was responsive and smooth, the feel of seimitsu puts me in a great niche with a TE, unlike Sanwa which are too sensitive for my heavy hands. Now I'm 100% ready for CS Arakune.

For a first time modder, I say I did a-okay!

:yaaay:

Maybe not.

Too much work and it requires me to order and buy more shit.

I live in MI, it would have been an accurate guess to assume I was black.

Aghhh fuck. Everytime I see one of these threads/posts, it reminds me I need to take pictures/actually finish my sticks.

Oh shit. Skye is actually black.

Aghhh fuck. Everytime I see one of these threads/posts, it reminds me I need to take pictures/actually finish my sticks.

Haha, I've seen you say that several times now. I'm planning on swapping my TE's art out and putting in some plexi/new buttons, I'll take pictures and post up if/when I do :kitty:

What?

I live in MI.

Come on, this thread is about his stick, not his race.

Let's stick to that..

Haha, probably a big stick though, cuz, you know.

(Sometimes I crack myself up.)

skye's black.

I'm black.

everyone in MI thats awesome as hell is black.

This is probably the best first-timer tutorial for anything ever. Just the list of tools is proof.

"Tweezer thingies." My god. If a dumbass like you can do this, I could probably build one from scratch MacGyver style.

You have a Styrofoam cup, a rubber band, and a 3 year old used condom.

Make magic.

Good job skye, firm seimitsus buttons are more manly than girly soft sanwas any day.

Seimitsu switches are firmer and require more pressure to push down, in other words, less accidental pushing.

Sanwa switches are so sensitive and I accidentally push while even brushing over them a tiny bit. (reason why I chose sanwas over seimitsus apart from clear covers for art)

TL:DR firmer switch = more manly

Hey. I happen to like my girly soft luscious sanwa buttons.

Also, I hear about people getting accidental button presses all the time. What kind of gorilla hands do you people have?

The manly type, we're not all traps with skinny fingers.

Also, I hear about people getting accidental button presses all the time. What kind of gorilla hands do you people have?

The manly type, we're not all traps with skinny fingers.

I can't tell who wins that one.