Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skye

Skye and the Magic Madcatz SFIV TE Fightstick

Hey. I happen to like my girly soft luscious sanwa buttons.

Also, I hear about people getting accidental button presses all the time. What kind of gorilla hands do you people have?

I accidentally focus attack a lot in SSFIV while throwing out kikokens with Chun. No gorilla hands here. A few weeks ago I went bowling and my brother and friend were surprised I could comfortably use a ball with such small finger holes. It's mostly in the way I place my fingers on the stick and how I press the medium punch button, which I think is mostly from learning to play Blazblue on a stick first. I never really had to worry about hitting medium or heavy kick as they didn't do anything.

Also, thanks for putting this up. I was going to get around to putting clear semeitsus into my TE and later dyeing the plastic and putting in some artwork. I would have probably have given up for fear of breaking the sanwa buttons while trying to get them out (I want to keep them intact to put back into my Hori EX-SE). Good to know they're supposed to take a frightful amount of force.

Well, Skye if ur planning to use a stick for ara, you'll need to really get down the directionals. Learning j4b the first time was still pretty hard for me to do after using a stick for 8 months on GG.

Well, Skye if ur planning to use a stick for ara, you'll need to really get down the directionals. Learning j4b the first time was still pretty hard for me to do after using a stick for 8 months on GG.

Of course, I took tons of notes, and practice is my first priority.

Hell, I was able to dive cancel 5D with a trust worthy amount of consistency with like 5 minutes of practice. Not gonna get too attached to that, since dive is slower now, so it may mess up my timing.

I'm practicing everything I can in CT that will move on to CS.

If you take a flathead screwdriver and push the tabs in on the snap-in sanwas it makes it much easier. Just push in the tab on one side, push the button out slightly, then repeat the process on the other side it comes out pretty easily. Just kind of wiggle it out from side to side like that.

I don't know if the black buttons on the TE's are made from slightly different material form the white ones though. I broke a tab on each one of the black ones doing this, but all the white ones came out fine. So be gentle on the black ones.

And yeah, I think I like the seimitsu's better.

I already knew Skye was black!

Wait, so the default buttons on that fight stick, are super sensitive? Or are there more sensitive ones out there?

I already knew Skye was black!

Wait, so the default buttons on that fight stick, are super sensitive? Or are there more sensitive ones out there?

The TE comes with Sanwa buttons, which are really really sensitive. Some people have a problem with activating them accidentally, which I personally stopped doing after a day of use. I'm pretty sure Sanwa's are as sensitive as you're going to get.

that is correct fine sir

here is the chart of major button parts/attributes as written on slagcoin

chart_b.png

no art mod? boooo :P nah just kidding bro, those are actually the same tools i used to mod my stick. well...cept for the alan wrench for the top faceplate screws i just used a hexagonal shaped screwdriver to get those bad boys off. How'd ya like trying to use those oh so "quick" disconnects? :O

The TE comes with Sanwa buttons, which are really really sensitive. Some people have a problem with activating them accidentally, which I personally stopped doing after a day of use. I'm pretty sure Sanwa's are as sensitive as you're going to get.

Ah, OK... My friend was complaining they weren't sensitive enough, so I was wondering...

Ah, OK... My friend was complaining they weren't sensitive enough, so I was wondering...

Are you sure he got a TE? If it's an SE, I'm pretty sure they use imitation Sanwa parts, which won't work in the same way and probably won't last more than a few months.

How'd ya like trying to use those oh so "quick" disconnects? :O

Uh....what.

Are you sure he got a TE? If it's an SE, I'm pretty sure they use imitation Sanwa parts, which won't work in the same way and probably won't last more than a few months.

Nah, it's definitely a TE. He's a violinist so he expects to be able to breathe on the buttons and have them register inputs.

Oddly enough. With sanwa buttons, if you blow on them hard enough, you can get an input.

Also, if he has any complaints about the stick not being sensitive enough, switch to an LS-32, though, if you're used to those, like I am, you might find yourself dropping things on sanwa sticks, as the throw is a bit longer.

Muck quicker than de-soldering your buttons every time you want to take them out/ put in new ones.

hmm...true but i'm more skilled at de-soldering and soldering than trying to disconnect something and ending up having a metal plate take some of my skin D:

To each his own.

I used the flathead to detach some wires.

believe it or not that's actually what i did for some of them as well. After the first couple of times of disconnecting it gets easy...some just stay difficult :/

edit: Just wondering, you gonna change out the ball top eventually? :D

believe it or not that's actually what i did for some of them as well. After the first couple of times of disconnecting it gets easy...some just stay difficult :/

edit: Just wondering, you gonna change out the ball top eventually? :D

Some do stay difficult.

Just need patience.

And no, not ball top changing.

Pfff try swapping out parts out of any stock hori stick where the buttons are soldered down to the fucking pcb. Still have a few nightmares from it but it works wonders

I played on skye's stick...feels the same as mine, since I mash buttons all the same.

I certainly am.