Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Afro-Demon

[CS1] Mu-12 General Discussion Thread

Discuss general combos, strategies, ect. of Mu-12 here.

Move list

Specials:

Ame no Totsuka: After setting Steins Gunner, (mid-air also) 236D/She sends a laser from herself, through all her steiners and then finally at the opponent. Once started cannot be stopped.

Ama no Habaya: (mid-air also) 236A/ Small sphere that has slow trajectory. Sends upwards if grounded and downwards if in air (Note: Beats most projectiles. Only projectiles lost to so far is Tager's Spark bolt and Noel's 236236D)

Tsunugui: 623C/ Reversal. Creates diamond around herself

Furu no Tsurugi: (chargeable) 63214C/Similar looks to /\'s 6C. Breaks 1 primer on block, 2 primers halfway charged, and 3 primers if blocked fully charged

Ame no Habakiri: After setting Steins Gunner, 214D. Explodes steiners currently out on the field for 3 hits. Breaks 1 primer.

Distortion Drives:

Omohikane: 632146C/ Stabs the opponent and then goes into special sequence. Minimum damage of 1500.

Yata no Kagami: 632146D/ Sends a laser to each of the steiners out on the field and 1 at the opponent. Each laser sent to the steins then auto aim at the opponent.

Astral Heat:

Kamigoroshi no Tsurugi: 222d/ Creates a small ring in front of her.

----------------------------------

DATA:

Life: 10,000

GP: 5

[Name/Input | Damage | Guard | Note l Frame Adv.]

Normals:

5A 130 ALL -1

5B 450 ALL -6

5C 650 ALL -9

2A 150 ALL -2

2B 350 L +1

2C 650 ALL -20

6A 620 ALL -7

6B 680+472=1152 H -3

6C 820 ALL -26

3C 600 L -16

jA 180 H

jB 440 H

jC 600 H

j2C 750 H

Forward Throw 1000

Backward Throw 1000

Air Throw 2000

Counter Assault 0 (6A animation)

Drives (Steins Gunner): (please confirm about the angles, because there is significant proof against the angles being set to the D moves.)

5D 300 ALL (90 degree angle stein, close range, jump cancellable)

5D(2) 1015 ALL (90 degree angle stein, close range)

2D 300 ALL (15 degree angle stein, mid range, jump cancellable)

2D(2) 1015 ALL (15 degree angle stein, mid range)

6D 300 ALL (70 degree angle stein, very far range, jump cancellable)

6D(2) 1015 ALL (70 degree angle stein, very far range)

4D 300 ALL (45 degree angle stein, mid range, jump cancellable)

4D(2) 1015 ALL (45 degree angle stein, mid range)

jD 300 ALL (90 degree angle stein, close range, jump cancellable)

jD(2) 1015 ALL (90 degree angle stein, close range)

j2D 300 ALL (120 degree angle stein, mid range, jump cancellable)

j2D(2) 1015 ALL (120 degree angle stein, mid range)

j4D 300 ALL (45 degree angle stein, mid range, jump cancellable)

j4D(2) 1015 ALL (45 degree angle stein, mid range)

j6D 300 ALL (90 degree angle stein, very far range, jump cancellable)

j6D(2) 1015 ALL (90 degree angle stein, very far range)

[4 steins limit out at once on field]

DD 410,727,1015 (3 hit)

Specials:

Ame no Totsuka [236D] 500 ALL

Ama no Habaya [236A] 672 3hit ALL

Ama no Habaya (air) [j236A] 672 3hit ALL

Tsunugui [623C] 500 ALL -20

Furu no Tsurugi [63214C] (chargeable) 920-1520 ALL -10

Ame no Habakiri [214D] 1485 3hit ALL

Distortion Drives:

Omohikane: [632146C] 3063 9hit ALL -31

Yata no Kagami: [632146D] 800 + stein count ALL

[note: damage depends on directions of steins and how many on field]

Astral Heat:

Kamigoroshi no Tsurugi: [222D] 115 2hit ALL

Info by Kurushii, Heroic_Legacy, Spark, Mizzet

Color Palettes

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?8287-BlazBlue-Continuum-Shift-Sprites&p=666315&viewfull=1#post666315

So, What color palette will everyone be using?

I want to use the Black Hair White/Blue Outfit one, but I'm afraid it will be overused by too many people.

I haven't seen the full palette yet, but of all the videos I've seen of her, dark colors don't suit her character well in my eyes.

What do you guys think of her 236a/j.236a? Seems really odd and out of place in her moveset. Only use I see at the moment is perhaps additional pressure after you end an air combo with j.2c, or a really slow pre-emptive AA. Is there something about it I'm not seeing?

Dudes, do the laser shit from her Drive activate itself after you place the orbs or you have to make a special input for it?

In fact, how do you activate the Steiner lasers? Are there different types? How can you determine the place where one of the orbs will appear?

I'm not sure. Those who have played the game say the projectile is just terribad in for just about everything, but maybe someone with the game can try to find some good properties for it. And after j.2c, I'd say it would be better to just do j.DD to setup oki.

Which pink?

The pink where they basically ripped the palette from lambda/nu's pink.

I have a soft spot for white and pink though.

She looks interesting so far, I gotta say. Any idea on how the stein's determine which direction to shoot at? Sometimes i see them shooting down, straight or up. Is it just auto-aiming at the dude?

Well, her Steins once put out, in which their location depend on what direction you're holding when pressing D, there's an Idle laser that comes out a second or so after they are sent out that shoots out automatically.

After you set a few steins, you can input 236D to Shoot out a laser that connects to all the steins that are on the field, or you can use 214D to set the Steins off in an explosion that do 3 hits to your opponent if they are caught in it. I'm not entirely sure how it works but sometimes 214D breaks primers, but it seems to break them randomly at the moment though.

In the guide thread, there is a list of her drives that state what angle they aim at. Other than that they try to aim for the opponent automatically.

Edit: Can someone please confirm some of the things noted in the guide thread about this? Although I don't own the game, all of the footage I've seen of Mu doesn't suggest that certain d moves aim at different angles. All I've seen is it just changes their position and it's angles are then set to the opponents location once a stone in created.

Also, at times there are two different types of automatically fired lasers, one a small yellow one and the other a decently sized blue-silver one. Does anyone know if this is random or is there a way to make this consistent? I have a feeling those blue-silver lasers are much better in pressure games than the yellow ones.

You can place up to four orb on the screen at a time. Every time she sets a steiner, all steiners out gain a stone in the middle of it.

For instance, if there is already one steiner on the field, it should gain a stone. If you create another steiner, the first steiner will have 2 and the new steiner will have one. Also, for her 236D, the laser she sends through the steiners end up traveling from the steiners with the least amount of stones to the most and lastly aiming towards the opponent.

Also, can you cancel 6C on block with drives? That would insta-buff her zoning game if that move is safe on block. If it's not cancel-able on block then that move is really punishable. I saw a ragna normal block and turn it into a 2C CH for up for 4.5 k, which isn't healthy, especially for a Mu.

Sorry, meant her 236D, which is the one where she sends a laser from herself to all of her steiner. I got to get to bed. I'm only running on 4 hours sleep for the past 2 days.

I'm gonna copy-pasta the move list on the guide thread and give a brief explanation of what they are.

What's 236A?

Summons this little electric ball that floats upwards and away if you did it on the ground, floats downwards and away if cast in the air. Weird little move.

Regarding her lasers,

The direction of D you press determines the position of the stein, once set in place the stein will automatically fire a small laser at the opponent after a short time.

How to get the blue/silver laser: When you set up a stein, say 5d, inputting 5dd instead causes the first laser the stein fires to be the blue primer breaking one. You'll see Mu do another hand waving animation after the second D press and this takes additional time, but there won't be any noticable difference in the stein you summon or anything until the laser comes out. Doing this also means you can't gattling into other steins like you normally can, 5d xx 2d for example works, 5dd xx 2d won't work. Regarding her stein gattlings, it's more accurate to say you can gattling 2 actions max, so for example, 5dd, or 4dd, or 5d 2d.

236d: laser originates from Mu and bounces among your steins to hit the enemy. After being cast by Mu, the laser first goes to the last stein you set up, bounces among your steins in reverse order that you summoned them. Once it reaches your oldest/first stein on the field, it's next bounce will target your enemy. For this reason it might be wise to spread out your steins alternately far apart (far, close, far, close), to maximize the beam travel time and annoyance to your opponent.

Max of 4 steins on the field at any one time, casting a 5th will remove your 1st one.

Mu is definitely more complicated than I thought she would be...Oh well, at least it gives her a lot more potential for mind games.

Her overhead throws me off really, meterless it only combos into 623c. I'm used to getting 3k+ from 6b with Noel. She really reminds me of Juri in SSF4, projectiles that need to be set up and can provide decent cover for mixup/pressure.

Nice findings on the blue laser. That will really help her oki. Who has/getting the JP version? That way we can ask them to try combos and the like. One combo I'd like tested is 2B>3C>2B>5C>6C>2D>jc>IAD>j.C>j.2C>j.2DD. Should net her around 2.7 k plus oki and 3 steins, one blue one. Maybe even try jump canceling 2DD so we could get 4 out and 2 be blue lasers.

Her 6B actually combos really well if the opponent is in the air, and it also is 1.1k by itself. But still, as a mix-up it is rather a slow overhead.