Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Afro-Demon

[CS1] Mu-12 General Discussion Thread

I remember seeing some statement that console characters were gonna be on the arcade version, so is that gonna happen at all, or did ASW drop it?

gonna happen most likely around rebalance time, apparently we console users are the guinea pigs for mu and DLC characters balance testing.

So, am I blind or does the current Mu-12 guide not mention that holding the D button when setting up steins results in more hits + more damage?

stein related questionns:

Opponent is down. MU sets the primer breaking stein.

Opponent gets up. MU begins block string.

Mu player knows how many seconds before the laser fires. She cancels the block string into another primer stein just as the first one goes off, keepin the opponent in block stun.

She goes right behind that laser, and begins another block string.

rinse and repeat.

Is that possible? btw, how many seconds between the setting of both types of stiens and their lasers?

also, can she cancel into her Drives from any normal?

Bout 1 second non primer break

Bout 3 seconds primer break (Counting the extra time needed to set it)

All normals cancel to drive yes. 6C is the best normal to D cancel on block.

It'd be feasible but since a lot of her moves are unsafe on block it isn't worth it. Too easy to IB poke or something. Also, if they just reversal your lasers don't come out at all.

This is especially bad vs Haku-Men because if you are doing that pattern, then when the laser is firing you are putting another up. But he can just reversal Yukikaze the laser and you are dead in the water since you already wasted a jump getting into position to set a steiner. And you don't have a SUPER double jump. Or he can 6D and set up death.

Regular steins take 1.5 seconds to fire. Charged steins take 2 seconds, but the extra time comes from the animation of her charging the stein.

The only way to cancel out of her drive is with a Distortion, special, or by jumping.

That said, it's not too possible unless your opponent is slow and even then, you could only get 1 charged stein out. You're better off setting a 5D stein and exploding it, but if you're feeling ambiguous, you could whatever > 4D (charged) > 236A > 214D

i see. not enough hit stun in those lasers i suppose.

just to be curious what is her safest move on block?

I'm fairly sure 2B is her safest move on block.

Frame Data.

Does anyone happen to know the stats on her meterless DP? The diamond one.

Specifically when the hitbox is out.

I know there was some Mew frames posted some time ago but I don't remember where it was. Oh. Never mind. Lol.

But still, it's just her normals and I don't think the speed of the attack is listed. So I guess nothing has changed concerning my question.

Anyone?

I might be better off asking this in a different thread but about how long does it take to unlock Mu-12? I don't want to buy a $20 PSN card just to use $3-4 of it. :\

Assuming you follow the guide posted somewhere in general and get the clear end for every character ASAP, it.. actually still takes a pretty long time. About 2 hours~? 10-15mins per character it took me, and I was basically skipping dialog all the way. I don't know, it's long enough that I'm actually considering just getting the unlock when I get the NA version to replace my JP one.

Something to know, if you want to just forward through all the dialog, use 'X', or whatever passes for 'cancel/back' on the Xbox to skip it. To get the clear end you'll need to pick the right route when you get to choose at some points, don't want to autopilot too much and accidently click past it. If you use 'O' or 'accept' you will automatically select the first option and proceed.

Im in no big hurry to unlock Mu-12. Im gonna play throuh storymode and enjoy it.

Until I unlock her im gonna mess around with the new characters when playing with my friends and see if I like their playstyle more. Im really looking forward to CS!

According to some people on GFaqs, you only need to beat Ragna, Jin, Noel, Rachel, Tsubaki, Hakumen, and Hazama's story. They said they got a bad end on some other characters or something.

If anything, just beat their story modes first.

According to some people on GFaqs, you only need to beat Ragna, Jin, Noel, Rachel, Tsubaki, Hakumen, and Hazama's story. They said they got a bad end on some other characters or something.

Alright thanks for the heads up. If this is true I'll let you guys know when I get my copy. Although I'm sure someone with the JP version can confirm it faster than I could.

Assuming you follow the guide posted somewhere in general and get the clear end for every character ASAP, it.. actually still takes a pretty long time. About 2 hours~? 10-15mins per character it took me, and I was basically skipping dialog all the way. I don't know, it's long enough that I'm actually considering just getting the unlock when I get the NA version to replace my JP one.

Something to know, if you want to just forward through all the dialog, use 'X', or whatever passes for 'cancel/back' on the Xbox to skip it. To get the clear end you'll need to pick the right route when you get to choose at some points, don't want to autopilot too much and accidently click past it. If you use 'O' or 'accept' you will automatically select the first option and proceed.

regarding unlocking her, i cant seem to find the guide, but i know you actually do not have to play through taokaka's story and carl's, i forget who else, theres 1 more character, once you unlock hazama's you're pretty much there, because the true end mode is unlocked once you get through hazama's story

edit:

true. i have jp version

regarding unlocking her, i cant seem to find the guide, but i know you actually do not have to play through taokaka's story and carl's, i forget who else, theres 1 more character, once you unlock hazama's you're pretty much there, because the true end mode is unlocked once you get through hazama's story

I think this is the guide: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?9144-CS-how-do-you-unlock-different-paths-in-story-mode

It starts on post #8.

And gives companies the message that people would rather pay for things than unlock things, which gives them incentive to stop making things unlockable.

yup, so instead of includeing unlockable characters that are free with the game, they'll make everything dlc that you have to pay for. good plan!~