Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Afro-Demon

[CS1] Mu-12 General Discussion Thread

Omohikane is better because it can be added on to any corner combo for 1.5k damage. It sort of works as a reversal, but it clashes with absolutely everything and gets you punished. Easy followup for 6B to 3.5k damage too.

Yata no Kagami would be good if the startup on it was shorter, but as is it just isn't useful.

Yata no Kagami is great in combos, especially if you set up your steins in a range of about one screen, and aren't too trigger happy about destroying 'em. You can get 4k off most combos that include 6c midscreen.

It also does like 400 chip but you can just barrier that :X (though many forget~)

Blessed Mirror is great if they're full screen and you have steins set up because it allows you to rush in, and if they get hit they take lots of damage. However, 236D is just as good at getting you in (Fun fact, even if they start to combo you, as long as they're in a ground string and aren't invincible, there's a high chance the last laser will hone, counter hit them, and you get a combo) This effect is similar to Yatterman-2's robot.

Did some super research.

As a rule of thumb for omohikane vs 6d yata no kagami (no extra steins)

omohikane for heavily prorated starters. 2a, 2b, etc.

yata no kagami is for good starters like 3c.

With 1 stein out (within the length of one screen around jin left or right, huge area)

Omohikane will get 200~400 damage more than yata no kagami on heavily prorated starters. The thing is yata no kagami gets you j.2c oki so i think it's better.

on good starters yata no kagami wins even more.

2 steins

yata no kagami ftw

3 steins

DEM LASERS

so to conclude

omohikane if you have a prorated starter and have 0 steins out.

yata no kagami everything else.

Also if you have max steins out remember to time the 6a. They bounce for awhile lolz

Also if you have max steins out remember to time the 6a. They bounce for awhile lolz

Oh... Yes, they do... O.o

Figured as much for the damage comparisons. Omihkane is readily available (provided 50% heat) but Yata no Kagami just deals wicked damage if you can whip out 4 stiens without very much trouble.

After setting a/several stiens and using Ame no Totsuka, would it be wise to dash in and grab/start combo right before the laser hits? This way, if the enemy counters/retaliates, the laser will hit him/her and prevent a combo. Is this true?

Or should LAZOR spamming be more convenient?

they can just grab you/use an invincible move mid combo to avoid the lasers, and for hakumen/jin, they could just counter you mid combo . also, i think you'd have to have a weird stein set up to do that, since the laser is pretty fast.. something like 1 3 mu enemy 2 4 where 1 is the first laser

or they can just jump away when they hear you use it and get ready to grab tech, by then you'll either stay in and try to mix them up, or back off and try to set up again (decent enemy will rush you down before you can do that)

Guess I should use laser super more since I never use it now. If I combo into super at all I use 632156C. Any other time I use 50% tension is for big combos off 6b into stein pressure.

Anyone got any tips on applying steins mid=blockstring? If I do say 2b,5b,3c, 2d I'll either air dash back or jump install a Sword of Devimation. If anyone has any better ideas shoot em over please!

Facenuke... I see, I see. So I suppose that staying back and LAZOR spamming would be appropriate if I take the Ame no Totsuka approach? Or nay? Is there another way I could find some good times to lessen distance?

Guess I should use laser super more since I never use it now. If I combo into super at all I use 632156C. Any other time I use 50% tension is for big combos off 6b into stein pressure.

Anyone got any tips on applying steins mid=blockstring? If I do say 2b,5b,3c, 2d I'll either air dash back or jump install a Sword of Devimation. If anyone has any better ideas shoot em over please!

You don't need to JI a sword of decimation. Stein placement is jump AND special cancellable, so you can just place a stein and cancel it with any special. Heck, if you suspect a poke you could even stein Omohikane poke punish. xD

Thanks man! I feel so dumb trying to play Mu. I got her big damage combos down but can't start any sort of pressure or rushdown at all. Got no feel how she's supposed to work quite yer. If I DO get a lucky hit it's a wrap though haha.

Is there a guaranteed way out of 6d-5d-236d after a knockdown? I couldn't find my way out vs a Mu named Crazex when I was bang.

Thanks man! I feel so dumb trying to play Mu. I got her big damage combos down but can't start any sort of pressure or rushdown at all. Got no feel how she's supposed to work quite yer. If I DO get a lucky hit it's a wrap though haha.

Is there a guaranteed way out of 6d-5d-236d after a knockdown? I couldn't find my way out vs a Mu named Crazex when I was bang.

instant block the first laser hit and jump out, be ready to grab tech, and keep barrier on

Is there a combo for Yata no kagami(lots of lasers DD)?

Like if you got 4 steins out, is this DD worth using 50% heat on or should I only use RC / use the other DD?

There are some circumstances where you can't raelly use omoikane and RC to continue a combo allows the opponent to be able to burst. So like if you do say this combo 2b 3c 2b 5c 6c. If you were to continue this combo just regularly even, the opponent can burst out if they know the normal combo will kill them. By adding 6d 632146d, you make this combo burst safe so even if they bursted, you can still maul them.

EDIT: Just so everybody knows, I'm currently working on a guide just I haven't had much time as of late due to work and personal life. I should be working on it. I think it's pretty close to being done. Just wanted to throw that out there.

There are some circumstances where you can't raelly use omoikane and RC to continue a combo allows the opponent to be able to burst. So like if you do say this combo 2b 3c 2b 5c 6c. If you were to continue this combo just regularly even, the opponent can burst out if they know the normal combo will kill them. By adding 6d 632146d, you make this combo burst safe so even if they bursted, you can still maul them.

EDIT: Just so everybody knows, I'm currently working on a guide just I haven't had much time as of late due to work and personal life. I should be working on it. I think it's pretty close to being done. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Ok, I see.

Nice to see that a Mu-12 guide is being made. Are you going to post it in the Mu-12 guide or on Iplaywinners BB page?

I already made the Mu-12 special moves descriptions on IPW. I'll post the guide here. I'll make a new topic and delete kurushii's once it's made.

I already made the Mu-12 special moves descriptions on IPW. I'll post the guide here. I'll make a new topic and delete kurushii's once it's made.

Cool, looking forward to it :keke:

instant block the first laser hit and jump out, be ready to grab tech, and keep barrier on

Ahhh! I won't ever get that online but good info