Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Afro-Demon

[CS1] Mu-12 General Discussion Thread

So I uh, got an "early copy" of CS2 for the PSP. Here are Mu's new Mission Mode combos for the curious:

Mission #03:

-2B, 5B, 5C, SoD

-Throw, 5C, 6C, 5D, SoD

Mission #04:

-6B, 632146C

-(crouching) 5C, 2C, 6C, 5D, SoD

Mission #05:

-(anti-air) 6A, 2C, JC jC, JC jC, j2C

-(air-to-air) jC, j2C, dash 2B, 5C, 6C, 6D, 632146D

Mission #06:

-214D (explosion hits), 6B, dash 2C, JC jC, j2C, dash 2B, 5C, 6C, 6D, SoD

Mission #07:

-(corner) 2B, 5C, 2C, SoD, 6A, JC j2C, 2B, 5C, 2C, JC jC, j2C, 3C, 5D

Mission #08:

-Throw, 5C, 6C, 5D, 9JC j2C, dash 2B, 5C, 6C, 5D, 6D...

Mission #09:

-Airthrow, RC, 6B, 6A, JC j2C, dash 2B, 5C, 6C, 6D, JC jC, j2C

Mission #10:

-FC 6C, 214D (whiff), 6B, dash 6A, JC j2C, dash 2B, 6A, JC j2C, dash 2B, 6A, JC j2C, dash 2B, 5C, 2C, JC jC, j2C, 3C, SoD, 6A, 632146C (6k!)

Miscellaneous stuff:

Messing around in training mode. 3C Astral still works on Ragna. You can confirm it even after like, 7 2As into 2B and it'll still work lol. 6B Astral and (corner combo) into j2C, 3C, Astral also work.

Well, at least the challenge mode stuff is more practical this time. Sad they don't really go over the corner loop though. But heck, challenge mode is always kinda silly anyways.

missing 1k (and practicality imo), but something better will be found gradually.

so is anyone still dropping mu as a main/period once cs2 releases? l've been thinking that she served her purpose but idk if l can even stand to look at her right now...

I still want to keep repping Mu. Despite becoming simpler in CS2, she still doesn't seem to be a very popular character and I want to support her. What about CS2 Mu do you find unappealing?

Platinum is sugoi fun as hell though.

I am one of the few players who wasn't using Mu as a stand in. I like her and will continue maining her.

mu is just eh, l never really liked HER from the get-go. just the idea of placing *stars* (before l knew the name) on the field was pretty original and l never got to play as aoko in mb.

tbh, asthetically mu is a more slutty cut-and-paste of nu. her colors are very nice though. gameplay-wise she felt like ct litchi, fun to play but pretty garbage at what she does.

mu is so hit and miss with me. l absolutely love one thing about her and loathe something else. l expected mu to play like venom, setting shit up mid combo (like now), and baiting an opponent with godlike setups. she does all this now, but im thinking too little too late.

idk.

Lasers for life!

And I think the world agrees that Mu should have been in her ceremonial outfit on the field.

Not gonna drop Mu either, the only thing really I hate about her is that she has to be unlocked, so when people don't, I :psyduck: then play a sub and get blown up.

I played a lot of CS1 Mu. I think the new CS2 Mu is nice (after playing her for a bit), but she needs some getting used to.

There are some proration changes that require you to adjust to... for example, the corner combo seems a bit tweaked. Her chain into 2B from j.2C is a bit easier which is nice, her guns are less dangerous to setup which is nice... but she also feels a bit more sloppy and less structured. The new corner bounce mechanic is nice, but also seems to hurt her mid game a bit.

Overall it seems like her damage potential went up, but it will take a bit of time to adjust to her.

I still want to keep repping Mu. Despite becoming simpler in CS2, she still doesn't seem to be a very popular character and I want to support her. What about CS2 Mu do you find unappealing?

Platinum is sugoi fun as hell though.

Mu is already a lot more fun than about 80-90% of the cast for me. I was thinking about dual maining in cs2 but I'm going to end up maining mu. Like there are things I find interesting in the old characters I used to play but they're not going to last that long imo. The only other characters that seem fun and interesting to me right now in cs2 are ragna and platinum.

Just some CS2 notes after playing it...

2b-5b x N chain is gone; you can do 2b only once in your block string, 5b-2b-5b works but not 2b-5b-2b.

D lasers firing slower in CS2 compared to CS1 is something that everyone should get used to. The new homing capability is nice though.

Still. being able to mash 6b is great. :thumbu:

Mu is already a lot more fun than about 80-90% of the cast for me. I was thinking about dual maining in cs2 but I'm going to end up maining mu. Like there are things I find interesting in the old characters I used to play but they're not going to last that long imo. The only other characters that seem fun and interesting to me right now in cs2 are ragna and platinum.

Heck yes, Mu is much more fun. There so much more going on in my mind and in the game when I'm playing Mu as opposed to the rest of the "mash out a combo" cast.

I already play rag's and will definitely be checking out the loli, even if I wind up hating her.

Heck yes, Mu is much more fun. There so much more going on in my mind and in the game when I'm playing Mu as opposed to the rest of the "mash out a combo" cast.

I already play rag's and will definitely be checking out the loli, even if I wind up hating her.

This so much. I'm definirely gonna mess with Plat when she comes out, but Mu is my absolute favorite. I never realized how much I could enjoy this game until I played Mu to be honest. I haven't found another character I enjoy playing more than her.

So yeah, I'm definitely also going to continue to main her in CS2. She was definitely never a stand in for me. Once I tried her there was no going back. <3

So yeah, I'm definitely also going to continue to main her in CS2. She was definitely never a stand in for me. Once I tried her there was no going back. <3

Funny thing is that I didn't like Mu at first. I came back to her after about a month. I'm usually like that though, when I first started BB I was using Noel and Jin. Anybody who has seen me play either of those characters can comment on how bad I actually am with them. This is the only game where I can't play most of the characters.

Funny thing is that I didn't like Mu at first.

I actually didn't like her originally either. I think Mu is really one of those characters thats easy to get a bad first impression with. I originally used to play Tao and Lambda. Eventually Lambda moved up to main status and I dropped Tao completely. Originally to me Mu was just a slower clunkier version of Nu/Lamb when I first started messing around in training after unlocking her. But then I actually learned how to play her properly and dropped Lambda as my main pretty quickly. I realized I liked not having to mash D and C like a madwoman, and enjoyed using my brain when playing.

I actually didn't like her originally either. I think Mu is really one of those characters thats easy to get a bad first impression with. I originally used to play Tao and Lambda. Eventually Lambda moved up to main status and I dropped Tao completely. Originally to me Mu was just a slower clunkier version of Nu/Lamb when I first started messing around in training after unlocking her. But then I actually learned how to play her properly and dropped Lambda as my main pretty quickly. I realized I liked not having to mash D and C like a madwoman, and enjoyed using my brain when playing.

I'm pretty sure you mean Mu was just a better character, you need to use your brain a lot more with Lambda.

236a is gdlk. Just so everyone knows.

Also, was playing Spark and made up a huge throw combo on the spot. CS1

BC > 66a > 6b > 6a > 6c > 214d(w) > 6a > 6b > 66a > JC > j.c > j.2c > 2b > 5b > Omohikane

Generated 45 heat and does something like 5.4k

You don't brain with lambda? wtf are you talking about? D-button =/= Brain.

But Mu relies on the D button a whole hell of a lot too, except hers is easier to use because you can jump cancel on wiff and can't be punished if a laser wiffs, add to that the fact that the big laser stays active after you get hit, making it harder to punish you for that too. Mu is like one big insurance policy. Just out of curiosity, what are Mu's bad matchups?

People will say Hazama, but with a lot of matchup experience it can go either way. Bang is rough, Litchi is always scary. Besides that it really comes down to how well you adapt to the match, her tools are pretty globaly applicable.

People will say Hazama, but with a lot of matchup experience it can go either way. Bang is rough, Litchi is always scary. Besides that it really comes down to how well you adapt to the match, her tools are pretty globaly applicable.

I figured as much, so you guys have trouble with top tiers, everyone does. Mu is one of those solid characters that I always wished mine could be, we'll see how things go in CS2.

And Cor, why the name change? It threw me off big time lol.

I've been meaning to get it switched for quite a while, but I never had a real reason until I entered BNCI under this handle. Everyon calls me Cor anyone, so why not.

Mu is definately solid, though she isn't particularily strong. Also, how and where you put your steins needs to be carefully planned, where-as D-swords are point and shoot.

As for matchups:

Disaster - Hazama, Bang, Tao

Bad - Litchi, Hakumen, Makoto

Even - Noel, Ragna, Jin, Lambda

Good - Tsubaki, Arakune, Valk

Lolz- Tager, Carl, Rachel