Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Afro-Demon

[CS1] Mu-12 General Discussion Thread

Part of me is going to miss Mu's stuff being on the hard side.

After setting up steins in the new corner loop, don't you have to dash-2b every time (except tager I guess)? It took me a while to get the link down for the CS1 combos, and she still has 214D whiff combos... so what else was there that was hard? Or is all this easier? (don't have a psp)

@Luna : try adding steins after the j.2C in the corner, I wonder if it makes things much harder or not. Might need to remove the j.B for that though, it would probably put you too high to pickup with 2B.

Dash 2b is considerably easier due to the new falling property on j.2c effectively reducing it's recovery, 214d whiff combos are also quite a bit easier to time due to the better hitbox on 6b.

shes still not going to be popular so it dosent really matter how hard or easy she gets :P

tbh l like the easier (well more rewarding) mu. nothing hurts more than to put alot of effort into something so lackluster. cs2 mu looks very legit, and l see lots of stuff being found on her (due to a multiple of changes she has very good oki both midscreen and corner). she seems easier but still dosent look newb friendly, so we'll see how that goes.

^For sure. I really like how CS2 Mu can really force a situation on people this time around. I certainly don't mind easier combos either. =p

But yeah...even if Mu became triple SSS Tier, I guess she's destined to become "that one character nobody really plays".

Mu-advice3.jpg

^For sure. I really like how CS2 Mu can really force a situation on people this time around. I certainly don't mind easier combos either. =p

But yeah...even if Mu became triple SSS Tier, I guess she's destined to become "that one character nobody really plays".

New Mu is definitely a more complete character. And in reality, easier execution is a better thing, but the selfish part of me likes being able to do the high execution stuff other people can't.

I get a regular chuckle at what the SRK people consider an "impractical" combo in Marvel.

I remember the first week I started using 214d whiff combos at Digipen, even Spark and TSK where like, "Your character gets 5.2 off throw midscreen with 12 meter? Nah dawg, ubanned?"

Dammit, next time I'm up in Seattle I'm gonna have to try and look you guys up. Most of my family lives up there, so it's more often than one might think.

You should indeed, we're always hype for bb. Send me a PM or something, anytime, it's simple enough to pick anyone up.

In other news, 3c Ch (2b>6a>j.2c)x3 > 2b >6a > j.c > j.2c > 2b > super for style points, extra heat, 13 extra meter, and only 24 less damage than (2b > 6a > j.c > j2c) x3

shes still not going to be popular so it dosent really matter how hard or easy she gets :P

tbh l like the easier (well more rewarding) mu. nothing hurts more than to put alot of effort into something so lackluster. cs2 mu looks very legit, and l see lots of stuff being found on her (due to a multiple of changes she has very good oki both midscreen and corner). she seems easier but still dosent look newb friendly, so we'll see how that goes.

This is actually why I replaced Ragna with her in CS2, because she IS newb friendly, I mean, I only take Noel seriously, so when I do pick someone else I want to be able to mash out random hitconfirms to pull out a win. 4.5k off of 5B hype GOOO!!!

To be fair though that is in the corner, midscreen she is just like Noel, needs either crouching hit or optimal/fatal starter on standing to get damage.

EDIT: I'd like to point out I meant newb friendly as far as combos go, I'm sure she's much harder to actually LEARN than CS1 Ragna, still though, gotta love dem hitconfirms.

I'm curious, since you've played CS2 a bit, how would you rank the characters in newb friendlines? (Also, a secret hurrah to Ragna being less dumb).

I'm curious, since you've played CS2 a bit, how would you rank the characters in newb friendlines? (Also, a secret hurrah to Ragna being less dumb).

I haven't tried all of the cast yet, but from the ones I have tried I'd say the newb tierlist would go something like this:

SS: D mashing Noel(Just use 2C guys, promise, 2D is the only move Drive mashing Noels will use now)

S: Mu

A+: Jin

A: Legit Noel(Hard to place her on this list because I'm not a newb with her ;w;)

B+: Makoto

B: Tsubaki

C+: Ragna, Act Parser Spamming Lambda

C: Platinum

D+: Lambda

D: Inferno Divider Combos(They get their own category)

Seriously, Lambda and Ragna are so different it hurt my brain stepping into training mode and not being able to do what I normally do. Tsubaki is very similar to her old self, just better, even her standard BnB off of 5B does more damage, and it's the same combo as her CS1 self. Platinum is surprisingly difficult to just pick up. Jin is harder to combo with than Mu, but he still gets dumb stuff, I broke 6k just by doing a short combo into double ice arrows into TK C Icecar, was so lulz. Noel's combos are harder than her CS1 BnBs but easier than her CS1 OMGWHEREDIDYOURHEALTHGO combos, but the plus side is, Noel only has one difficulty level for combos, she has new haida, and BnB combos, both are the same level of difficult, and aren't too far apart in damage, chances are if you get a fatal with Noel you are just going to be doing the same combo you would do if you did 2D, except it will just be harder to mess up. Makoto's combos feel the exact same except faster, and I guess some of her old combo extenders now have same move proration, not too positive on that one though, since I know nothing about Makoto, her combos are still easier than Ragna's imo though.

You'd rank Mu that easy huh, interesting. I knew from the day I saw her that her stuff got alot easier. The question remains, combo's easier or not, will she still maintain that advanced edge she has in CS1. That was something I always liked about her, and one of the reasons I kinda stopped with Rag's in CS1.

I know you aren't a Mu player Luna, but if you have anything to say in regards to that, I would like to hear it.

Edit: or if any of you Mu guys got your hands on CS2, you probably matter more.

You'd rank Mu that easy huh, interesting. I knew from the day I saw her that her stuff got alot easier. The question remains, combo's easier or not, will she still maintain that advanced edge she has in CS1. That was something I always liked about her, and one of the reasons I kinda stopped with Rag's in CS1.

I know you aren't a Mu player Luna, but if you have anything to say in regards to that, I would like to hear it.

You need to be a little more specific than that, advanced edge could mean a lot of things.

Mac, if he's not on the list I haven't tried him.

You need to be a little more specific than that, advanced edge could mean a lot of things.

Mac, if he's not on the list I haven't tried him.

It's kinda hard to describe what I'm saying but, in CS1, Mu was a very advanced character for more reasons than just her semi-annoying combos. To be effective you really needed to be on point with normal selection and spacing. In addition, you had to be aware of your steins and setups. It always felt to me that what made Mu advanced, was never the execution. Does that make any sense?

It's kinda hard to describe what I'm saying but, in CS1, Mu was a very advanced character for more reasons than just her semi-annoying combos. To be effective you really needed to be on point with normal selection and spacing. In addition, you had to be aware of your steins and setups. It always felt to me that what made Mu advanced, was never the execution. Does that make any sense?

Oh so you mean will bad players be able to abuse her tools without knowing how to really use her? No, probably not. Will they be able to win and or get lucky wins due to BS? Possibly, I still don't think she can top CS1 Ragna in that regard though.

Oh so you mean will bad players be able to abuse her tools without knowing how to really use her? No, probably not. Will they be able to win and or get lucky wins due to BS? Possibly, I still don't think she can top CS1 Ragna in that regard though.

Good, that's more or less what I was asking.

Also, CS1 Bang, damn he and Ragna were dumb as fuck.

Another question. I have watched alot of CS2 vids, and it seems to me that the game is finally looking legit. How do you feel about it's "solid-ness" as a whole? Where CT was fun, and CS1 was more refined, both games ultimately had alot of stupid that kept them from feeling truly complete.

Good, that's more or less what I was asking.

Also, CS1 Bang, damn he and Ragna were dumb as fuck.

Another question. I have watched alot of CS2 vids, and it seems to me that the game is finally looking legit. How do you feel about it's "solid-ness" as a whole? Where CT was fun, and CS1 was more refined, both games ultimately had alot of stupid that kept them from feeling truly complete.

I share this feeling with you honestly, looking at CS2 high level play it looks legit as fuck, almost like every character is viable, I haven't really seen a rape take place that was due to the matchup and not skill, I think the worst matchups in the game will probably be Tager/Mu due to the fact that Mu can zone and when she gets close she can space him really tight, and I'm sure you guys saw that Tager specific combo in the corner with her, he will probably have a tough time with her. Noel looked scary before I touched her, and when I finally did get my hands on her, I was sold on how she can be a force, however I do know her shortcomings as well, she has been and always will have a rough time with Zoners and characters that can space well, except this time around I don't think the match up will be quite as bad, since when Noel gets close her opponent's will start pissing themselves. The whole "Corner combo only" feel of the game also helps imo, because it makes the game more focused on positioning than landing just one hit for all of your life. The heat cooldown is another factor that caught me off guard, it is actually noticeable here, so if you wanna do any long 150 heat combos, you need to have a PhD to figure out what moves will prorate well enough to keep the combo going long enough after cooldown to stack that heat. All exaggerations of course, but my first impressions of the game are very positive, like it could be something BB players can be proud of being a part of.

Also, my apologies if I've offended anyone tonight, I've been up since 6pm Monday, and for some reason its almost midnight on Tuesday and I haven't passed out from sleep deprivation and hunger since I haven't eaten either. My point is, I'm not exactly filtering the shit I say right now :P

mu will probably just be bs.

now l can agree, with her best pokes, especially 6c, being air ub, among other general changes, a good mu is going to be so fucking annoying to play against. l still dont think she'll be easy to pick up (barring combos), but mu looks quite bs. can anyone even safely jump out on her anymore? l mean 5/6c have absurd range, 5b nets a beautiful combo, lasers give her actual midscreen/oki capabilities... omg she has ACTUAL SCARY PRESSURE!

damn, l dont think im going to drop her after all. this is EXACTLY what l wanted cs mu to be, and now its here. ill just sub her.

ACtually alot of characters actually have pressure now. In CS1 the only character that I thought had real pressure was Bang.

Also, i respect bluntness, so no worries. Anything else you'd like to say about the game Luna? I'm very hype, and all I can hope for is that Iron Man is DLC.

I'm skeptical the game will be any different. I expect people to be complaining about how CS2 is ass in a few months and how good the next installment will be. But we'll see. :P

I'm skeptical the game will be any different. I expect people to be complaining about how CS2 is ass in a few months and how good the next installment will be. But we'll see. :P

I thought about that too Mac, I just pray that we're wrong, and if we are correct, at least I'll be top tier.