Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Afro-Demon

[CS1] Mu-12 General Discussion Thread

I have another question as well. Not sure if this is the best place to ask this but. The Tager match up is meant to be heavily in Mu's favour.. But I don't get how I'm meant to play it. I was reading through the match up thread for vs Tager and it says I can literally stand full screen and spam projectiles. But that doesn't really work, even when I try to be smart about it. He can just sledge through them. I find it better to try beat him with your normals and shit, but that doesn't work too well either. So what exactly am I meant to be doing. (this is still cs1 I'm talking about)

Spark actually manages to beat me up all the time as Tager, he may be the King of the Bad Matchup, but I notice some things that you should really watch out for.

j.d's hit-box has a better vertical extension then Sod, so don't rely on it as an anti-air, even with its unblockable properties.

Origins will not prevent Spark bolt from magnetizing you, as it will contact the guard point.

Iron Fist reactively midscreen, when used properly, is quite hard to deal with once you're already magnetized, really inhibits your ability to zone, as jump canceling makes the magnets more potent.

Remember that you can special cancel any ground stein recovery into Origins if you see him going to punish you, there's really nothing he can do about that.

if youre magnetized, sod is a great tool against his 5d, and 2d (max range though or 360/720 pulls you in). if he tries to superjump on you just run under him and repeat the process until mag runs out.

this matchup dosent require too much depth even when he has SB. fullscreen was covered by ve so l wont say anything on that. midscreen your 5c cannot lose to tager outside of his 5c range. if he jumps and your 5c whiffs, you have more than enough time to run under him and reset fullscreen.

lf he has SB fullscreen, lol just sj and spam lasers. lf he tries to hit you on the way down, 236d just above SB range. if he has it midscreen your priority is to safely get back to fullscreen. you can just sj backdash if youre outside his atomic collider range. thats what l do anyway.

definitely the easiest match ever. but the moment you get impatient you will lose.

LOVE THE LAME. EMBRACE IT.

Is it just me or is Mu's run faster in CS2? Playing the PSP version that's what it seems like to me.

She always had high-tier runspeed, if it was increased it's to be on par with the other fleetfeet.

I believe run speed is:

Top: Noel, Tsubaki

Second: Mu, Lambda

Yeah, pretty much.

^oh right I didn't know that. It still feels faster than in CS1. Maybe someone else with the game as well can confirm?

It's faster from what I can tell, but it's speed in comparison to the rest of the cast is what really matters.

Yeah, Noel feels faster too, even Hakumen dashes faster, I think they just gave the entire game a speed boost maybe.

Yeah, Noel feels faster too, even Hakumen dashes faster, I think they just gave the entire game a speed boost maybe.

Just a though, but because of how the PSP version has zoomed in backgrounds. Could it just be an optical illusion?

Just a though, but because of how the PSP version has zoomed in backgrounds. Could it just be an optical illusion?

Nah, I'm judging by videos of the arcade version, I had thought about it before the PSP version came out, but when I got my hands on it, it even felt faster, so I'm just gonna assume its true, wont know for sure until we compare the frame data from the two games, but they haven't released the translated system data for the mook yet.

really , it looked about the same to me. Ah well, like you said, we'll see when translations are done.

it does feel alot faster on psp, but the vids l see look like its still cs1 speed. l guess thats what "not arcade perfect" meant.

I'm pretty sure the arcade balancing discussion is based around Platinum, as she seems much stronger on the psp then the Japanese BBS seems to give her credit in their rankings for arcades.

Stronger on the PSP? I get that the version isn't arcade perfect, but are they saying there's that much of a difference? Usually that just indicates super subtle stuff.

On that subject Cor, does anyone know how to get youtube to automatically playback in 720p? the closest I can get is to have them automatically SWITCH to 720 whenever I go into full screen mode.

If you sign in to your youtube account it's a preference setting, I don't believe it's available when signed out.

If you sign in to your youtube account it's a preference setting, I don't believe it's available when signed out.

Right, but the problem is its not giving me that option, I get two options, one with an optional check box.

"I have a slow connection. Never play higher-quality video."

"Always choose the best option for me based on my player size."

-"Always play HD when switching to fullscreen (when available)"

I have the second option, along with the optional box selected, but it always gives me automatic 360p.

If you're running an adblock or flash/cookie program it might be linked to an out-of-site supplier for their video servers, meaning you may have to always enable everything even remotely linked to youtube.

If that doesn't work I would try another browser if it bothers you enough.

Most connections aren't good enough for youtube to "choose" HD, even if you can do it fine. Mine is this way, though once in a blue moon, it will determine that 720 is appropriate.

Lol stein combos in cs1 and midscreen shotgun, combo video stuff for fun.

CH j.c > minimum height j.5d cancel > 2b before they hit the ground > 6a > (laser whiff) > 6c > 214d (connect) > 6b > 6a > j.2c > 662b > omohikane

CH j.2c > j.2d > walk (delay) > 2b > 6a > 6c > 236d > crossunder 2d > omohikane

You guys call 63216C Shotgun? That's awesome, why didn't I think of that?

You guys call 63216C Shotgun? That's awesome, why didn't I think of that?

632146C = shotgun, hype super, damage super

632146D = Gallic Gun