Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heroic_Legacy

[CS1] Mu-12 vs Tager

What can punish SoD changes as it charges. The longer it charges the more frame advantage it gets. Full charge is +2 i believe.

It's one of those precious little things people hide eh? I like it.

SoD isn't as bad as I thought now. But say you are in a string with 5C, 2C is out of range so you'll be whiff punished. 5D cancel means we get a free step/jump in. 6C is dumb. So your only option at this point is SoD..uncharged is -10 but charging gives me time to hit you out of it/MTW the actual hit.

But I assume that you just don't want to be in 5C range anyway because, let's face it, that is really good for Tager.

Well then what are you going to do at that range? Do steins though tager is close enough to poke you out of them? Do a random super? DP? Jump airdash back?

Sure jumping and airdashing backwards will work the first time, but when you are cornered and need to fight to get out of the corner, what do you do?

i agree Tager forces you to fight in the corner which is a scary place for Mu considering Tager forcing you into a 360. Mu has to keep her distance to stay alive and 5c is a good strategy for keeping your distance on Tager.

Mu-12 isn't Nu-13. You attacks don't push Tager all the way away when blocked. Eventually, you're gonna run out of screen. jC is always good, but Tager's 5C is better than yours.

you can bait tager a lot if you're good at baiting and get fatal 6C's all day, this is assuming that the tager player doesnt know all your tricks, even if its blocked you can get a 63214C and if he moves hit him or if he blocks its primers

edit: forgot to write that yes i know sledge goes through 6C, just gotta watch for it, 6C his 5C's and whatnot if you space right

Mu-12 isn't Nu-13. You attacks don't push Tager all the way away when blocked. Eventually, you're gonna run out of screen. jC is always good, but Tager's 5C is better than yours.

That is true but i am very quick on the draw in terms of who uses theirs first and if he tries to second guess me ill 6c for fatal and i get an easy 7k or make him burst, either way i win because i make sure he cant jump in because of my 2c or if he does jump he's blocking so i can air grab him. every tager i fight, i guard break them at least once in the match especially after 1 burst. i somtimes bait his 360 reversal with j2c for the counter but still watch out for atomic colider. the only thing dont like is that the good Tagers hit me with spark bolt within a 2-4 hit combo and then try to reset after his 2c into atomic colider again.

Okay, I'm getting a little tired of this. This is a match of reaction, the reason you don't stick out 6C is he can sledge it on reaction, and he isn't going to do something like 2D or sledge unless he's reacting to something you did (though you can trick him into sledging). If he's any good, he won't sit there flailing away trying to get in. Tager CAN get in, it's a slow ugly approach, but he can do it. Yes, if he doesn't know the matchup you can do whatever, but that isn't relevant here. You'll both be sitting on your asses. Mu will be Zoning trying to force a screw up, and Tager will be waiting for a hole. This is in Mu's favor simply because she has initiative for most of the match. The instant you're forced to move in on Tager, you are potentially giving up that initiative, so why take a chance unless you have managed a set-up or you are otherwise forced to?

@MainG: To be honest, it sounds like you are playing in experienced Tagers, especially if you are guard breaking them (LOL though). If he's mashing 360 he's free since 2B is +1 and 5B is JC-able, the problem is Mu's mixup attack and push back attacks are painfully slow, and IBing F's her C series pressure badly. Also, be careful with j2C it's actually weaker against Tager than most because of his back-dash. Lastly, Spark is more useful in this match if Tager saves it and doesn't try to yomi spark. It forces you to switch zoning tactics to a much weaker config.

Lastly, 6C>5D>4D>214D seems pretty solid in the matchup, somebody else can confirm this perhaps?

Lol you may be right but most Tagers i fight have 200 or psr with good win ratio but lets not go there. maybe they lose for trying so be cheap with the 360 lol. maybe this conversation might go differently if i fought your Tager but i dont have a 360 but my cousin does. you might have seen him before idk his name is KaizerZer0 he is a bang player but im in no rush lol ill take these things in consideration when i fight a real Tager lol thanks for more advice even though im sure use alot these naturally lol

1. why has jago not posted in the michigan thread.

2, I played kaizerZer0 he is an ok bang player, I mean he makes dumb makes but who doesn't lol.

2ndly player level has no connection to player skill, 200 psr? I have that.

does it mean I am good? no.

does it mean tager players know the match up? no.

Mu will be Zoning trying to force a screw up, and Tager will be waiting for a hole. This is in Mu's favor simply because she has initiative for most of the match. The instant you're forced to move in on Tager, you are potentially giving up that innovative, so why take a chance unless you have managed a set-up or you are otherwise forced to?

Lastly, 6C>5D>4D>214D seems pretty solid in the matchup, somebody else can confirm this perhaps?

100% agree with this. I rushdown way too much with Mu and everytime I go in for lame mixup/pressure on Tager (hi 360s/FC 2C) I hit myself because it's just a bad idea. Can save yourself by IAD backwards after lame strings but... predictable. Have to be smart with zoning, just like any character Tager can Sledge through (bad spacing) or just walk and ride out the storm.

214D wakeup trap on Tager is indeed good, pretty much forces a neutral tech + block right?

1. why has jago not posted in the michigan thread.

2, I played kaizerZer0 he is an ok bang player, I mean he makes dumb makes but who doesn't lol.

2ndly player level has no connection to player skill, 200 psr? I have that.

does it mean I am good? no.

does it mean tager players know the match up? no.

for that reason didnt want to go there on the psr issue

2nd lol im new to this site only been on about 2-3 weeks i didnt know there was a Michigan thread i need to find that with the quickness lol

100% agree with this. I rushdown way too much with Mu and everytime I go in for lame mixup/pressure on Tager (hi 360s/FC 2C) I hit myself because it's just a bad idea. Can save yourself by IAD backwards after lame strings but... predictable. Have to be smart with zoning, just like any character Tager can Sledge through (bad spacing) or just walk and ride out the storm.

214D wakeup trap on Tager is indeed good, pretty much forces a neutral tech + block right?

if you start getting collidered by IAD back out of pressure, just DP when you know he's gonna collider, puts him on the defensive at the end of a string

if you start getting collidered by IAD back out of pressure, just DP when you know he's gonna collider, puts him on the defensive at the end of a string

I'm all for random colliders, but if someone is doing so many colliders that you know they are going to do one they are playing the wrong way.

Fear the 360 then the AC comes next.

Thank you Flying_Ve

People still won't read it though and continue to argue about how Mu rapes Tager for free.

Tager can duck or sledge right through everything there. Though if you have any reaction sense at all you'll jump cancel 4D into j.B or something rather than eat sledge.

For the record I think Mu rapes Tager pretty bad, but it's just the nature of the character (zoning vs Grappler) not because of something magical that Mu can do.

Tager can duck or sledge right through everything there. Though if you have any reaction sense at all you'll jump cancel 4D into j.B or something rather than eat sledge.

Well, 214D recovers fast enough for you to IB, BackDash or Jump IB (GDLK) the sledge, which gives you a punish. The same thing goes for 5D>6D>236D oki. If you do it fast enough you will block wakeup sledge (always an IB here) and the laser will CH him during recovery, then Dash in 3C into 214D wiff combo for 3.6 k and more oki.

The reason 5D>4D>214D is good here is because it hits Tagers hitbox when he techs and forces him to sit still (it also hits Ragna and maybe others), hopefully he'll stop sledging after you punish him for it a few times, and then your options open up.

If he thinks he can Sledge through 5D>4D>214D he eats a free combo (2B>3C>stuff), IIRC (and I might not). Wouldn't try rushing in if he has meter though.

Just had to ask, this is close range?!? I thought you were talking midscreen tech?

If it's close range off of like 3C and you went for stein instead we can quick getup 720 soo...=/

If it's midrange we could duck under 4D and negate any bad juju primer breaks from explosions.

No we're talking off of the standard 6D hit into oki, so ...3C>2B>5C>6C>5D>4D>214D, trying to set that off of 3c is suicidal.

Yeah, Tager can duck it, but he can't move or stick something out less he get CH. You might even be able to scare him into standing by doing a well placed j2C, or just create some space. I'll play with it a bit, and figure out the options, and report back.

I think the only way to settle this is to get Axis or some other good Tager to play against Ve and then record it. Then everyone can see what people are talking about that may or may not work.

I think the only way to settle this is to get Axis or some other good Tager to play against Ve and then record it. Then everyone can see what people are talking about that may or may not work.

Axis? Maybe, but a good Tager would be better :). I've got a capture card now, and as soon as I get off my ass and get it working I might do some videos to help people wrap their heads around Mu. Also, mAc you watched me beat up Tager on a stream, you saw how bad it was when I wasn't RTSD for fun.

don't look free ve.

I don't try hard online but if you push me your gonna get hurt.

As for 5D 4D 214D beating Tager, it legitimately forces him to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. It beats rolling, it beats sledge (with a 2B on reaction) it beats MTW, it beats 720. Tager must delay a tech or he must Emergency Roll into the stein. The mixup with the tech is Mu can dash up 2B pick up into the exploding steins and force a brand new combo for good damage and a reset.

In regards to Tager jumping in: He can jump in, but absolutely nothing will come from it. Mu's 2C beats Tager's j.2C even if he is completely covering her body with it.

6C in blockstrings? Why not? Sure he can sledge it, but if he does a B sledge, you get a SoD cancel into a FC full screen reset. If he A sledges, which is his only option in the sledge realm here, you can reaction a 623C which The will either beat him, or clash. If it clashes, you have a couple of options. If you think he'll Voltec Charge, 2B. If not, reversal again and it will beat every single possible response he has. If you have 50% meter when this situation occurs, just 623C every time. If he Voltec charges, just RC it and IAD away. The bonus to using 6C in blockstrings is the potential mixup Mu gains from 5C 6C 63214C, 5C 6C 4D 63214C, 5C 63214C, 5C 6C 4D 214D 4D 63214C etc... Sure Tager can react to 6C but most Tager players are going to try and read the 6C and will throw out a sledge after 5C regardless, getting hit by the SoD. Once they start respecting this you can start mixing it up.

In regards to Tager jumping in: He can jump in, but absolutely nothing will come from it. Mu's 2C beats Tager's j.2C even if he is completely covering her body with it.

Jumping barrier, I land, you jump cancel 2C and run away to the corner where it gets worse for you. Or you attempt to jc 2C and airdash over my head giving me a free 2C AC. And if you barrier 2C AC is guaranteed giving us a stronger combo and you back in said corner. Or you do SoD which is 720able.

Pick and choose.