Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spark

EVO 2010 Tournament Results and Shoutouts

Tae Seong Kim posting from Las Vegas... Here are the results:

Guilty Gear XX AC

1st. Wuku (TE) Lost to no one ***

2nd. Hellmonkey (BA, ED) Lost to Wuku twice ***

3rd. MikeZ (PO) Lost to Wuku and Hellmonkey

4th. Tolore (BA) Lost to MikeZ and Hellmonkey

5th. Tae Seong Kim (PO) Lost to Wuku and Hellmonkey

5th. A3Religion (JO) Lost to ??? and Tolore

*** Guilty Gear was cut short during the Grand Finals due to time restrictions. An Evo staff member walked up and shut off the TV as Wuku and Hellmonkey were playing their match. Grand Finals was best 3 out of 5, and Wuku was up two matches to zero. They were in the middle of the 3rd match when we got shut down. Hellmonkey was up one round and had a comfortable life lead during the 2nd round of that match. Hellmonkey being a great sport gave the match to Wuku for the win.

BlazBlue CS

1st. Spark (HA) Lost to no one

2nd. Veteru (RG) Lost to Spark twice

3rd. Dacidbro (BA) Lost to Veteru twice

4th. Zong_1 (CA) Lost to Spark and Dacidbro

More resullts and videos will be posted later.

GGs to all.

(hellmonkey edit)

FULL GG RESULTS

1 Wuku

2 s.yeknom

3 MikeZ

4 AlexGreen

5 a3religion

5 TaeSongKim

7 kennyon

7 DarkDragon

9 buzzsaw

9 Jan

9 MikeBoy

9 render

13 Ky-Sama

13 Jo

13 Stickbug

13 PhaethonH

17 Soniti

17 Zong_1

17 Abstract

17 necro-son

17 MayFTW

17 Xie

17 Dakanya

17 StormLocke

25 Koogy (Forfeited)

25 Showmeyamoves

25 Sol-Bumguy

25 blue9

25 Aria

25 Christina

25 Huey

25 INTI

33 AlmightyGnat

33 Stryfe

33 Spiteful

33 VormavPrime (Forfeited)

33 KarlKabalalaisk

33 Stark

33 ajinkris

Wow way to be dicks evo staff. I'm judging by this results bracket that the tournament was really small probably? Maybe 40 people?

Wow way to be dicks evo staff. I'm judging by this results bracket that the tournament was really small probably? Maybe 40 people?

Actually, you are exactly right Sly!

For BB btw. Unsure about GG.

Evo is fucking trash man.

People spend hundreds of dollars for this damn tourney, just to get their shit cut off.

I hope that staff member gets jumped and robbed.

*** Guilty Gear was cut short during the Grand Finals due to time restrictions. An Evo staff member walked up and shut off the TV as Wuku and Hellmonkey were playing their match.

afdggfdsagdsaafjgytytegfdf

Are you serious? That's fucking bogus. Apparently even if we do show up for our finals, it doesn't matter because they turn off the television in the FINAL MATCH.

GGPO Evo. :8/:

Rofl, fucking bullshit from EVO staff. But only 40 people for BBCS singles? That is ridiculously shitty turnout for evo.

BBCS wasn't a main event, and the game isn't even out in America:8/:

Guilty Gear was cut short during the Grand Finals due to time restrictions. An Evo staff member walked up and shut off the TV as Wuku and Hellmonkey were playing their match. Grand Finals was best 3 out of 5, and Wuku was up two matches to zero. They were in the middle of the 3rd match when we got shut down. Hellmonkey was up one round and had a comfortable life lead during the 2nd round of that match. Hellmonkey being a great sport gave the match to Wuku for the win.

Reminds me of last year when they kicked us off the casual setups during the end of the team tourney (winners finals if I recall correctly). They made us leave half an hour before they were supposed to shut down the casuals section. Ended up finishing the tourney in HintaLove's/ElvenShadow's room. . .

Anyway: good shit A3Religion on reping Johnny and the East Coast getting fifth.

Tolore good stuff reping Baiken. I'll see you again some tourney, and we'll have to play a mirror.

Hellmonkey: I've never met you in person, but I want to congratulate you on finishing in the money. Sucks that you got interrupted by EVO staff.

Tae Seong Kim, I will fight you again someday to get my revenge for knocking me out of EVO last year.

Wuku: I don't think I've played you before, but I remember you made top 8 last year. Congrats on first.

Anyone know how many people entered GGAC?

wow, sorry to hear the GG tourny got shit on. I cant say im surprised though. Im also curious how many people entered. Im sad to see how dead GG is in the US. I think that if there actually still IS a GG community in the US, its about time someone organizes a separate main GG major that would essentially be the EVO for GG in the US. I was sorta trying to do that with Frosty Faustings but not that many people bothered coming out. Maybe the timing was wrong. I will run FF again if I am back in the winter which I probably will be, but other than that, I cant do much else. It just makes me kinda sad to see the game die in the US, espessially since its quite healthy here in Japan and I am still in the middle of SBO quals and loving it. I dont think I will ever get sick of playing GG, it just makes me sad that everyone is throwing in the towel.

Rofl, fucking bullshit from EVO staff. But only 40 people for BBCS singles? That is ridiculously shitty turnout for evo.

Well considering the game's not out for a few more weeks...

Anyways that GG shit sounds wack. But a Hakumen won CS singles? Nasty. Any vids?

wow, sorry to hear the GG tourny got shit on. I cant say im surprised though. Im also curious how many people entered. Im sad to see how dead GG is in the US. I think that if there actually still IS a GG community in the US, its about time someone organizes a separate main GG major that would essentially be the EVO for GG in the US. I was sorta trying to do that with Frosty Faustings but not that many people bothered coming out. Maybe the timing was wrong. I will run FF again if I am back in the winter which I probably will be, but other than that, I cant do much else. It just makes me kinda sad to see the game die in the US, espessially since its quite healthy here in Japan and I am still in the middle of SBO quals and loving it. I dont think I will ever get sick of playing GG, it just makes me sad that everyone is throwing in the towel.

Sadly, it's hard to try and revive a community that has never cared enough about itself. Too much apathy since the start, and the past several years have been the worst. There are people that still care, but they're a small collection of people spread throughout the US. Not only that, I doubt many people have the resources for such an event. ;(

Tae Seong Kim, I will fight you again someday to get my revenge for knocking me out of EVO last year.

Anyone know how many people entered GGAC?

This is Tae: I look forward to meeting you again!

Anyways that GG shit sounds wack. But a Hakumen won CS singles? Nasty. Any vids?

I recorded the grand finals for both BBCS and GGXXAC, and will put it up once I get back home. I even recorded the part where they shu off the TV.

I think, IIRC, there was some pretty stiff miscommunication. GG community didn't talk to EVO staff, and was not an official event, so when everyone was being told to exit the room and it wasn't happening probably ten minutes over the time limit, EVO staff pulled the plug on the operation. Had there been better communication it probably could have been avoided, and since EVO was in no way responsible for the GG side tournament they weren't hosting, I think the burden of approach was on GG community. So as horrible as it was that it happened, I don't think EVO can be blamed. Really sucks though, glad Hellmonkey is a great guy.

Sucks about the GG tourney...TO's not caring about our game? No suprise. Kinda suprised they didnt spit on you while you left.

Good shit A3. Rep johnny, rep EC.

The thing with that is it would seperate the communities moreso than they already are. The biggest problem there, is, there are a lot of people that play SF/Capcom games AND animu games. So doing a sort of "anime evo" would force the people who play both to choose one or the other, if they've not got resources to travel outside their region more than once a year (this represents a lot of us).

The benefit of course being that we'd have our own tournament, our own T.Os who care about our games*, a far less crowded venue, and the ease of not having to worry about scheduling issues because of Street Fighter running over by 3 hours due to the 200 some pot monsters coming out of the woodwork.

I still think segregating ourselves and making (lower income)players who love both games choose which one they love more would be hurting ourselves more than it would help us.

Technically, you could run SF there, but, to be a full scale Anime Major, it would have to keep SF out. No matter what the main focus is planned on being, SF will almost certainly outweigh the other games' entrants. Even if an entire 100 people came to play GG, SF would have at least 200, and you'd have utilize other resources (TVs, power strips, tables, chairs, space) from other games to compensate and finish on time, or just designate more resources to SF from the beginning, and at that point it's not an anime major anymore, it's a regular tournament, just with, slightly more GG entrants than normal, so you might as well just leave that job to FR, as that's been the way FR was for as long as I know, and promote within our communities to try and get everyone out to FR every year.

tl;dr ver. Instead of trying seperate and make an anime major, we're better of just picking a current major other than EVO, that runs our games (FR, NEC, MWC, SB), and ALL showing up to it as our major.

Not everyone is throwing in the towel, people still play the game in the north east at least. I didn't go to EVO this year for several reasons: 1) GGAC was not an official tournament. 2) all my money is going toward replacing my car/ student tuition. 3) Staying in Vegas rapes my wallet more than the location of any other major I have to fly to. 4) I already went to NEC and FR this year.

I'd like to make it Frosty Faustings next year, but it looks like money will be even tighter for me than last year (less grant money). I will try to make it happen though.

I agree with bbq sauce that choosing one major for everyone to attend is a good plan. The only thing is, people tend to go to the majors that are closest to them (NEC costs me way less than FR or EVO, because I don't have to fly there), which makes picking one as a community difficult.

edit: Good luck in the SBO Qualifiers. It would be really sweet if you make it in this year.