Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spark

EVO 2010 Tournament Results and Shoutouts

What bbq sauce said seems to make sense.

I just bought gg:ac for the first time last week, just got into fighting games recently with sf4 and BB. I wish I had been around for when gg:ac first came out but oh well. It definitely does feel like a more difficult game than ssf4 and bb.

I can't help but wonder if GG:AC was released for xbox live and psn, and enough people made noise about it, would it help revive it a little? I mean, hdremix got a lot of attention after coming out, but then again that is street fighter so I don't know. I'm having a lot of trouble playing gg on my ps2 right now because I'm struggling using the damn pad as opposed to a stick, which I'm much more comfortable with, so I know I personally would be grateful to have the game on the 360 or ps3 as opposed to ps2. I just wish it had a scene because it really is a fun game to play and even watch (like clay gundam man).

wow, sorry to hear the GG tourny got shit on. I cant say im surprised though. Im also curious how many people entered. Im sad to see how dead GG is in the US. I think that if there actually still IS a GG community in the US, its about time someone organizes a separate main GG major that would essentially be the EVO for GG in the US. I was sorta trying to do that with Frosty Faustings but not that many people bothered coming out. Maybe the timing was wrong. I will run FF again if I am back in the winter which I probably will be, but other than that, I cant do much else. It just makes me kinda sad to see the game die in the US, espessially since its quite healthy here in Japan and I am still in the middle of SBO quals and loving it. I dont think I will ever get sick of playing GG, it just makes me sad that everyone is throwing in the towel.

I'll never stop playing this game. I had surgery on my left wrist and I'm still rocking this shit. You get a major going, and I'm coming. Real talk, GG needs to have a comeback, and maybe if we're lucky, arcsys will throw us a bone and give us a new GG soon. In the meantime, who wants to get shenanigan'd by Zappa? :kitty:

Really look forward to seeing the CS grand finals matches.

Fuck evo for running melty blood over GG:AC. That's just bullshit.

Melty deserved a main spot at least once tbh. AC is pretty much ST status now. Can only hope that Pachi is right and that Arc has something planned. Still praying for AC+ on a next-gen system with BB netcode and maybe a higher res as an interim release though. /pray

Vegas was awesome! My MD/VA crew mostly made bank except for a couple bad rolls here and there. :)

Shouts to everyone I played in GG. Honestly Guilty Gear is, bar none, the best fighting game out there. There is simply no game that offers that perfect blend of footsies, defensive rewards, and wild, creative offensive options. The game is still and will always be a blast to play. I had a great time seeing old faces including people I met last year and meeting new people.

Alan Stickbug GGs, it's good we don't even play this game. David Monkey you are mad chill, it's good we don't even play this game. Wuku you're not good. Kugler we run this shit. WE DA BESSS. A3 GS vs Jo. Jo GGs last pixel lol. Potemkin from UK GGs, backdash danzai buster next year :X. New England Crew Blue9 Stryfe etc, Ky Sama + Sister, Stark (you have discovered my true identity), the surprising amount of Venoms I got to play, all the Baikens and Pots that make ABA cry, all the rest of players picking characters that don't, and so on. Y'all reminded me how much fun GG is, and even if GGXXX (lol yeahhhh) happens, Slash and AC will always be fucking awesome.

Btw if you don't know already who I am I was the best dressed player at EVO with spiky hair and the amazing ABA. I was also the Vega that got bodied on stream in Super Street Fighter 4. See you guys next year in Vegas!!

Shout outs to everyone who felt the need to take pictures of my lovely stick. :kitty:

Yes, that stick.

bbq sauce, yea you have some good points for sure. I can understand how those would all be issues. I suppose the best bet would be to have an online GGAC for PS3 and 360. I will try to make a suggestion for it next time I have the opportunity but of course, thats all I can do so dont get too excited yet.

some shoutouts:

moroha: nice meeting you dude, hope we can play again sometime and thanks for teaching me the most godlike option select ever

stickbug: hype machine... but terrible jam. with the name you entered the tourney with it was inevitable.

mike z: had the hypest game at evo, needs more characters so i can start tier whoring though

render: i'm render

wuku: hero dark templar will never be forgotten

blue9: nice meeting you, stop wasting your burst lol. sucks we had to fight so early in the tourney too, hope we can play again

Regarding the finals being shut off: It was as much our fault as anyones, evo staff wasn't informed we were running our tourney and obviously the tourney ran too late. I'm just glad there was still a good amount of interest in the game and people to play against this evo, ggs to everyone. Even though the GG community isn't very strong at running events and getting shit organized, or traveling to events in general, GG is a good enough game it just won't die yet. Hopefully we can get some life breathed into it by ASW soon.

Damn those EVO scumbags. How dare they shit on the best game in the galaxy:

My GGAC shoutouts:

Shoutouts to the BB/GG directors who didn't actually stick to the registration time.

Shoutouts to being told to "we really don't know when GG will start" three times.

Oh yeah:

Shoutouts to the directors giving my game to someone who loses 1st round and dips, then give it to another player... Like, what?

Organizer: "darkdragon is up"

random player who may or may not have "dark" or "dragon" in their name: "durrr thats me"

Organizer "are you darkdragon?"

oops forget that last part, of course they didn't confirm it.

I paid 2 bucks to have 2 ppl play for me. No hate to Moroha cuz he actually gave me the 3 -pity this fool- bucks..which i should have gotten from the organizers but hey its my bad for being in the mvc2 pool and not knowing when gg would start.

GGs!!!

Stormlocke: Crazy ass freestyle RoboKy! Got me thinking twice about what you were going to do. GGs

Kennyon: GGs man. You have a nice Jam! We should also play some BB matches online when we get the chance! I heard you play litchi!

Wuku: Errrr.. I'll get you next time. I know where you live!

Hellmonkey: GGs man. You have the most solid Eddie if you ask me. I'll get my revenge. GGs though.

Hey everyone, I have the BB and GG grand finals videos uploading right now. So stick around for a bit.

First, and foremost, thank you all for showing up. There were some hidden details about the tournament delays AND cutting off the match for the GGAC grand finals. Mike Z confronted the EVO staff about it and they sincerely apologized, but they did say, "Next time, let us know that you are running your matches before we close." They were trying to kick people off 30 minutes prior to closing. So part of it was our fault because nobody knew what time we had to finish our tournaments.

The BBCS/GGAC tournament delays is a whole different story. Xie, and Xie alone, was managing both BBCS/GGAC registration n' brackets. There were a few people who came by to give a helping hand, but the long story short was that there weren't enough volunteers. When Xie was running the BBCS 3v3 brackets, people showed up late or NEVER came. And when they came, Xie had to leave to play his MB matches. Veteru was gracious enough to run the BBCS brackets - while informing people about the GGAC 3v3 situation - but no one person deserves to do all the grunt work, thus I decided to help him to finish the brackets. SO if you want to see GG run on-time next year, then I suggest YOU try to help organize it instead of complaining. :3

Shout outs to everyone who felt the need to take pictures of my lovely stick. :kitty:

Yes, that stick.

I totally asked Matt: "What the fuck whose stick is that?"

But in my head I already knew.

Shoutouts to people blah blah. No I am not Blacksnake, and yes my handle really is ASIAN chris. Get it right you fucks.

Edit: David I still owe you an avatar lol :kitty:

First, and foremost, thank you all for showing up. There were some hidden details about the tournament delays AND cutting off the match for the GGAC grand finals. Mike Z confronted the EVO staff about it and they sincerely apologized, but they did say, "Next time, let us know that you are running your matches before we close." They were trying to kick people off 30 minutes prior to closing. So part of it was our fault because nobody knew what time we had to finish our tournaments.

The BBCS/GGAC tournament delays is a whole different story. Xie, and Xie alone, was managing both BBCS/GGAC registration n' brackets. There were a few people who came by to give a helping hand, but the long story short was that there weren't enough volunteers. When Xie was running the BBCS 3v3 brackets, people showed up late or NEVER came. And when they came, Xie had to leave to play his MB matches. Veteru was gracious enough to run the BBCS brackets - while informing people about the GGAC 3v3 situation - but no one person deserves to do all the grunt work, thus I decided to help him to finish the brackets. SO if you want to see GG run on-time next year, then I suggest YOU try to help organize it instead of complaining. :3

HOW ARE YOU STILL AWAKE?! YOU BARELY MADE IT INTO YOUR HOUSE WHEN I DROPPED YOU OFF AN HOUR AGO!

Also I'll make fancy thank yous and shout outs after I get some sleep. Driving for 11 hours on a weekend total of 12 hours of sleep is apparently pretty hard to deal with...

Still EVO was so fucking hype I am so glad I went!

OH and just to troll Dacid, I'm the ONLY one who did not lose a MM to Dacid, in fact, I won 2 MMs on him!! DACID STAY FREE!!

PS Dacid you left your hairbrush in the hotel room...Silly goose thinking you had everything!

Yes, that stick.

Not my taste, but it was a nice stick if it's the one from AX.

GG's to everyone that I played at EVO...Sorry for being out of it/a zombie, but things happen...Did not really play a lot of casuals, especially since I was in Marvel pools from 1:00PM-5:30PM-ish, but the quality players that I played were satisfying<3

Jo & A3: Thanks for raping me in the tournament right after coming out of Marvel pools (or was I still in?)..Two of the best Johnnys in the US (IMHO), and I should have used OS against A3, but everyone was telling me not to and I have no idea how to fight Johnny (especially not with Potemkin), anyway. It is always entertaining to see GREAT Johnny players play and I hope that you will keep playing GG, Jo<3

Moroha: I was very happy to have finally play you-- especially your ABA. I wanted to play you badly since last year's EVO, but hopefully, my playstyle did not annoy you too much. It sucked that Inkblot turned off the TV on the start of the 2nd(?) round of our ABA vs. OS match:( :( :( Good job...Your ABA is still beasting.

Blue9:

[Originally Posted by Klaige;

May: Jump install combos will not hit may because she is a cu** and has a tiny hitbox

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

09-20-2007 11:59 PM

Seriously, though, GG's, I guess I should have altered my combos more/used scrubby SJ combos...I need to learn the May match-up someday:psyduck:, but at least you can block GB now^_^

Stone (?) : GG's in casuals...Thanks for the Johnny practice-- your Johnny was beasting hard! Sorry about playing so sloppy, I needed to leave for a bit.

Stryfe & Aria: It was great to see you two again, especially Stryfe, but we never played eachother. Still, Aria's Jam is better than last year, and just please be more patient, work on your blocking, grind your basics and learn your match-ups a bit more-- you are not bad at all:) Stryfe's I-No leveled up as well-- your defense is pretty good now, just please be more patient and consistent; I know it is kind of hard for I-No, though <3

Thanks to the guy who ran the GG singles as well...I really appreciated having one tournament, since Saturday was kind of disappointing, IMO (things happen). The GG community...

Alan Stickbug GGs, it's good we don't even play this game.

GG's. I wish I had more matchup experience against ABA. We need FlashMetroid OS t-shirts.

stickbug: hype machine... but terrible jam. with the name you entered the tourney with it was inevitable.

Sounds like Jersey to me: talk shit and lose... and I had to rep doren somehow.

It was nice meeting some of the WC guys, as well as seeing familiar faces. Stay classy people.

;__; Shout Outs to Solbumguy and KySama for going to Evo, SOOB. They representing me at heart while i'm stuck in cali sucking! <3 you both ;^;

I posted on the forums that I was willing to help and offered at evo to help in any way, all I ended up doing was watching vet's stuff on Saturday morning!

Yes, that stick.

WTB pics. Can't leave me hanging like this.

If someone on DL took pics, they can upload.

I don't have any pics of it, myself. haha.

Shoutouts to missing my BB singles match and possibly pissing people off and giving a guy a bye

sorry :(

I went off to watch Semi finals SSF4 and stayed there the rest of the day