Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spark

EVO 2010 Tournament Results and Shoutouts

Yes, but it was clearly SOMETHING, it could have been a money match or something, but it clearly wasn't a random casual, A simple 'last round' would have sufficed to get us out of there.

They didn't say ANYTHING to the organizers. It was their fault. GG was not intentionally fucked by the organizers.

And they allowed a "last round". They allowed probably 10 or so. It was 15 minutes after the "You absolutely must be out" buzzer

who is this "they" you all keep mentioning? who ran the tournament? name some fucking names.

\

\SolBumguy: So dirty using me as matchup experience to fight Jo. >_>

I was not using you...I simply wanted to play GG/casuals in order to have fun and warm up...Besides, I was playing in Jo's room the night before :O Anyway, GG's, you seemed like a very nice guy<3

justify it all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that gg got dicked over YET AGAIN at evo. do you hear about this kind of shit happening at frosty faustings or final round?

The fact that they pulled the plug on GUILTY GEAR is 100% coincidence. Don't this out to be "Evo fucked GG again". If they were walking down unplugging everything indiscriminately, then it just as well could have been BTOC Melty Blood, KOF, SF4, or any other game.

I don't think the situation was handled well by EITHER party, but let's not make this into more than what it really is.

i have to say sorry in advance, i can't really remember people's name.

cos there was so many people that i've over the last weekend.

aba player who kicked me out from the tourni>

thx for telling me how to deal with ABA after i lose to you~ =)

hopefully i can beat you next time when i see you~ XD

Mike Z>

pot vs pot is jokes~ XD hope to play you again .

( btw~ sorry that i didn't really try out " skull girls" ,

but in the UK FGs forum -- neoempire , there is a thread about it,

so i guess i can get it and play it then give some feedback to you after~ =)

also , that Pot combo vid in Mega man 2 style made long time ago was so cool !!!

that's how i remember your name straight away~ XD )

the girlS>

it was great to meet you girls!!! =D

just a shame that i couldn't give the contact to any of you, cos my mobile just doesn't work in US,

otherwise we coulda hang out a bit more & play some more casuals... orz

to the rest>

it was great fun to play all of you , didn't have such a great fun in GG for a while.

( especially, the testament in evo final 8 last year, baiken player who beat me 8 games in a row, anji player who gives me a hard time )

hope that if i can come to US again , i can play you guys again .

cristina~

everyone's reading everything wrong. :(

i wanted to know who ran the gg tournament and thus was responsible for communication with evo staff, not the names of evo staff (as if i didn't know anyways, lol).

and by what was quoted above, i meant that this is really just a self-fulfilling prophecy and that gg getting dicked at evo has become standard practice, intentional or not (admittedly i should have just said that so i guess that's my fault).

now, what i am genuinely angry about is how suddenly because it's our fault nobody is being held accountable. but hey, i guess that's how we do business...

I was not using you...I simply wanted to play GG/casuals in order to have fun and warm up...Besides, I was playing in Jo's room the night before :O Anyway, GG's, you seemed like a very nice guy<3

lol, I'm sorry if you took that statement as serious, I figured the emoticon was enough to give it away. Especially since we joked about it after. :p

I'll see you next time I'm sure. <3

Yaaaaaaay late shout-outs

A3R: Hah, I'm not a dick, man. You know that shit talk was all for the hype. It was great to play you especially since I've never played an East Coast Johnny before (except for 10stars who I played the day before you magically showed up). You came and you brought it. I've got respect for all players, new or old. Don't think I never had respect for you! Mad props, great games, man. That was too fun. I promise to play MUCH better next time we clash.

Sol-Bumguy/Ky-Sama: It was great seeing you two again. :D I had a lot of fun playing you and seeing how far you've come along since we first paired up for EVO haha. Order Sol, Ky, Test, Pot, Sol, Eddie-- you two practically play half the roster lol. Maybe it feels more like Marvel if you learn 3 characters instead of just one. Hopefully we'll play again sometime and see how much we've all improved then.

Stone: Duuude..wtf. I checked my phone call log but it says I didn't get a phonecall from you on Saturday. Just Friday when I had to add you to my phone. That's shitty. I thought you were pretty busy playing Melty or Super to get in our money match. I would have loved to play you, man. You shoulda followed me up with a text. I feel shitty for not taking the initiative, though. Maybe next time. My bad. :/

10stars: Great to meet you, man. We had a lot of casual matches but it's too bad that you're playing BB now and no more GG. That makes me sad. Oh well. I'm sure if you wanted to, you'd definitely be a force to reckon with after kicking off the GG rust. It was great having a chance to play you. :D

Cristina: ..I remember what you said to me while we were playing. "Potemkin is so easy. No practice." I need to play that match-up more often. :( I was the red Johnny player that you played on Friday. Fun Potemkin to play against. Seeing new players and getting to play them is always a pleasure~!

Moroha: Glad I finally got to play you. lol last pixel indeed. Too bad you were getting pretty drunk to continue playing through the day. I wish I coulda got more games with you but thems the breaks. Also +points for being the best dressed man always. Don't think some of us don't notice!

Theupstreamer/Ray: Saw you post in the EVO thread. I had fun playing against your ABA then later your Millia. You came from AZ too? Jeez. Hopefully you keep playing and work hard to beef up your AB/MI. You certainly know what you're doing. :D Great playing you man.

Stryfe: Heeey, we didn't get to play against each other. :( I blame myself for not taking initiative. It was nice seeing you again at EVO, though. Next time we'll play.. next time. It was great talking with you and hopefully your bi-monthly tournaments keep the scene alive in CT!

To anyone else I played, GG's and all. Those people that I didn't get to play pull me aside next year or next time you see me and get some games in with me. I like playing as many people as possible. :D

Stone: Duuude..wtf. I checked my phone call log but it says I didn't get a phonecall from you on Saturday. Just Friday when I had to add you to my phone. That's shitty. I thought you were pretty busy playing Melty or Super to get in our money match. I would have loved to play you, man. You shoulda followed me up with a text. I feel shitty for not taking the initiative, though. Maybe next time. My bad. :/

lol, I'm sure it isn't your fault, that hotel hated phones, and I thought I heard a ring when I called. Oh well, shit happens. Evo has gotten too damn big. :(

Didn't you say you had a new phone, too? Or was that someone else.. ah well. I'm sure we'll get another chance to play again. I hope you didn't MM any Zangiefs at EVO..

Kai-sama and SolBumguy: I heard you two knew how to play Marvel, had no idea you played Guilty Gear also! It was a great surprise, and I hope you guys get better and better. So dirty using me as matchup experience to fight Jo. >_>

Yeah, we do play Marvel! And because Guilty Gear reminded us/looked alittle like Marvel to us, we decided to play it..! The only thing I sort of regret about learning Guilty Gear, is that we learned it/played it competitively too late (10-12 months ago)... The game died right before our very eyes...:(

Oh, and we would never use you as Jo match-up experience-- because we played Jo the night before. GG's, you were so nice to us! <3

i have to say sorry in advance, i can't really remember people's name.

cos there was so many people that i've over the last weekend.

the girlS>

just a shame that i couldn't give the contact to any of you, cos my mobile just doesn't work in US,

It was great to meet you too! I don't get to play fellow female gamers back where I live (except for my sister). ^_^

You were so sweet to me when we were playing casuals; and you said "Sorry, I play easy character!" before you played me, which I thought was kind of funny (you know alot about the game). You always said "sorry" when you did a damaging combo to me- which made me think about how I usually say the same thing... That was a very different experience to play you.:) It felt very refreshing to play such nice female gamer, with alot skill behind her arcade stick. I do have to apologize about how prick I played with Ky...:( You see, I don't know the Pot vs Ky match-up, so I saw まちゃぼー(Machabo) in a video play like that, so I tried to imitate that type of play-style.. I felt real guilty playing like that pretty quick, which is why I kept saying "sorry" to you as well... I thought you found Ky annoying, so I was going to play my other characters, Eddie and Testament, but you were so nice to me, that I would never dream of counter-matching you (not I would win for sure or anything)... I'm sorry if my Ky's play-style annoyed you, and if I frustrated you when you said "this character", then I apologize... But other than that, it was really fun playing you! I really like your kind attitude, and I see that you have so much potential! I'm very happy that you came to visit the us/to EVO, and I'm glad that you aggreed to take a picture with us!:)

You seem to like playing Guilty Gear alot, Keep playing it and get better and better! ^_^

Sol-Bumguy/Ky-Sama: It was great seeing you two again. :D I had a lot of fun playing you and seeing how far you've come along since we first paired up for EVO haha. Order Sol, Ky, Test, Pot, Sol, Eddie-- you two practically play half the roster lol. Maybe it feels more like Marvel if you learn 3 characters instead of just one. Hopefully we'll play again sometime and see how much we've all improved then.

Lol, you should see my random select.! When I'm bored (and have free time), I sometimes play 5 or more different characters aside from Eddie, Ky and Testament. I feel that as long as people are still playing Guilty Gear, I can continue to improve (if I have time to practice lol)..! It would have been good to team up again, I was so surprised that you said we can team up again (I thought that would be like a one in a million chance, seeing as there were so many better players there); and of course because you have such a beastly Johnny! Yeah, hopefully we'll be able to play again!<3

Cristina, I definitely never met you, but literally every one of my friends was talking to me about you. You left quite an impact!

the girlS>

Good games <3

Even though I am scared to death of Potemkin, I had a very fun time playing your beastly Potemkin! You were so sweet, that at times, I almost felt a bit guilty for giving alot of effort, even though you were beasting hard. But it sucks that you did not really know the HOS match-up-- not that I know the Potemkin match-up too well, either (I really should fully learn my bad match-ups already, LOL), but I hope we were able to help eachother out with the match-up^_^ You played the Sol match-up pretty well, though...

Anyway, it was great to meet someone as kind-hearted and skilled as you are, and it would have been nice to socialize more, even though Ky-Sama and I are EXTREMELY shy...Also, I did not want to bother you too much/make you uncomfortable, because I kind assumed that some of the fanboys were starting to make you feel uncomfortable:( Thanks for the intense, yet friendly casual matches+the pictures, take care hun!

LOL, actually, we kind of do when we mess around-- it MUST BE because of Marvel... Thanks, it means a lot coming from you...I was REALLY surprised when you asked if we wanted to team up again, because I had always assumed that we were never worthy of teaming up...It sucks that it may never happen again, but oh well, I guess. You have improved as well (you make Johnny look S-tier-- you make every hit count extremely well, and it seems near impossible to safely get out of your pressure at times) and I hope that you will keep playing and ENTERTAINING all of us:)

Didn't you say you had a new phone, too? Or was that someone else.. ah well. I'm sure we'll get another chance to play again. I hope you didn't MM any Zangiefs at EVO..

lol you son of a bitch.

cristina: I'm pretty sure this is you, I took a picture of you beating a bunch of us at KOF. :(http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=54213262&id=23434165

Bitch. I'm still stealing your wife.

Take one of my other wives.. one of the ones I don't care about as much. You can have one of 'em.

But you will not have this one.

lol you son of a bitch.

cristina: I'm pretty sure this is you, I took a picture of you beating a bunch of us at KOF. :(http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=54213262&id=23434165

I came for this picture^^.

I stayed for this picture. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=54213262&id=23434165#!/photo.php?pid=54213274&id=23434165&fbid=977316547875

Full results would be interesting for those of us who didn't go.

And OH MY GOD OTHER FEMALES GO TO THESE SORTS OF THINGS! :O

This makes me want to go even more next year... >>;