Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

Slayer AC strats

vs. Faust, 6P, IAD j.H, undertow vs. his scalpel stab, 5K, mappa when he throws an item. BBU beats out most of fausts ground moves. Definitely goes through the scalpel pull, 5S, 5H, pogo, etc etc. If you're close enough for BBU to hit and faust is in pogo, it's pretty much a free hit. Lots of stuff for getting in on faust.

The thing is about BBU is that I don't want to guess shot it. I'm also really iffy about using undertow and most times I try to IAD j.H I get hit with either a 5k or a 2k. Plus all that random crap going around. Can you punish pogo with BBU on block?

Yeah, you can I believe, unless he can flower you out of it. I've never had it happen before though. j.H should beat out 2K and 5K, might depend on the angle of approach though. I dunno, generally I just wait for him to flench and then throw out BBU, it seems to beat out just about everything he does. And like I said, it's good for closing distance since most of fausts longer ranged stuff is upper body. Whatever you're comfortable with though. Gotta take a risk or two to get inside, and he can't really get you off once you're in there so it's free mix up time >_<

villainous' avatar gave me a sezure. with faust, you really want to use 6p with good timing... he really only uses 5k, j.2k, 63214s or 6hs from anywhere far cause his lows are worthless except at close range or as anti-air. don't whiff though cause he can punish you with whatever. be careful doing 6k on wakeup though. if you time it wrong, he'll 2k you out of it for CH which is like 90% for me cause i'm so shitty.

what is with people and their flashy avatars :/.... anyways... i hate how jam is so freaken light so i ahve to do really crappy version's of "The Rest" when i fight her :/... sometimes i even leads to me unable to end it with the final jD part so i had to bait the tech if she does with an airthrow :O.. also i did somethign really hillarious with slayer was as i was doing the rest i did a miss timed djS, and instead it didn't come out but dj2K did and it whiffed, Jam teched and i air threw her as soon as my dj2K recovered XD... good shit.. luv that j2K XD...

So how do you guys fight testament? It's almost impossible to get in there.

Look here, you pick Axl Low then you take it from there.:sweatdrop:

But seriously unless the testament you fight sucks you really cant get in. Getting rid of the traps seems logical 5p, jp, jump blocking webs, SAFE MAPPAS and j2k as a psuedo third jump to close in and random BBU/CH Dot for the win?. But really HS Exe shuts down your ground game hard(it beats you or trade win-win for testament), and Slayer doesnt have much of an air game. The whole match up is relatively the same, its just testament out pokes you now and can do damage of anything. So get ready to spend half the match and 80% of your health just trying to get in and finally doing so only to get a Blue Burst,Dead Angle to the face. Oh shit try again. Good Game.

Feel free to disprove the rabblings of an old man.

logically speaking its very very very hard... liek what dandy stepper said, time i can get in is if he miss layed a trap and i get a BBU on him or soemthign, but his new forward exebeast and stuff really stops my movement clean.. some safe jK and 5K might work as well from a distance against traps, sometimes a 2H but 2H is really unsafe against him imo... and once he gets away... have fun tryign to get back in.

Yeah, I noticed HS EXE beast really just mangles slayer, he's got no lower body invincibility stuff that'd reach so it's kinda GG. I guess you can wait all day outside trap / melee range and hope he gets bored, but if they're smart they won't let you do that. I guess best bet is to get life advantage and then run away, that way he always has to come to you or risk death to time out >_< Boring but ehh...maybe it'd work, lol.

the thign he can match range with his range and his projectiles and zoning ability, once he gets a knockdown you can expect his net set up to mix up to then run away set more traps if he gets more knockdown he jsut repeat the process etc... i remember seeing one vid, i forgot the outcome but Slayer basically coudln't do anything, he can always try the DOT super when Testy does the EXE beast that goes from behind..., but Testy always manages to block it and punish after i believe... so only way is to striek when you can , and punish any mistake he might give :/... but then again i havent fought a pro testy yet.. and this is only speculation from fighting my friends mediocre testy...

and Slayer doesnt have much of an air game

Don't forget that he can spam all of his air normals now =) I think it can really help in fighting Testament.

he can always try the DOT super when Testy does the EXE beast that goes from

behind..., but Testy always manages to block it and punish after i believe...

Test has to FRC exe beast to block DOT

ch DoT is pretty much how you win. if he does unsafe pressures like 2HS -> bloodweb, you get the round. otherwise you lose.

I've practicing to find out what Slayer can warp through regardless of the fact the BDC isn't as good but it could help against certain moves. Also I tend to do block strings into Mappa feint and Dust feint. Don't know if that is a good idea. Feedback??

I need to learn how to move around with Slayer in general...could somebody help me with that?

Well, from my past experience with Reload and Slash Slayer, the way I move it depends on who i am playing against. For example: I dont IAD to approach my opp if he has a DP, unless he´s downed or doing something else. To gain space on the ground, i usually spam 2H to get a CH and if not, I do things like Mappa faint, 6H, or K Mappa. Of course this is my way of moving, and not necesary has to be yours.

By the way, i have a question, most of the frame traps I used to do in Reload/Slash, doesnt work here, can someone tell me what are his best frame traps now in AC (If he still has them)

Utilize his forward dash and back dash. Dash around, it'll build your meter fast. When you see troubles coming, you can cancel it into jump or mappa or d-step or others. Remember that Slayer has the most versatile backdash ever, so use it. You don't have to always cancel the backdash into special moves, just cancelling it into jump can help you much. @Hatred Edge : Cancelling block strings into mappa feint or D feint isn't safe, since both feints have long duration.

Mappa feint is only good on rare occasion, and it's really easy to see if you do it at the end of block strings often. Best to avoid it. It's good for closing distance after a knockdown or a wall stick from far away though. Mappa needs more active frames or a better hit box or like....upper body invincibility. I don't ever find it useful anymore, seems like most of the time I do it, it gets beat out in almsot every situation, so I've kinda stopped doing it outside of combos.

It still catches backdashes quite nicely. Can't count the amount of times that's won me a match.

has anyone found a use for the dust feint? people i play with has never successfully blocked a dust, so i have never felt the need to use it. if you have, how was it? is it a viable option? looks like the startup is waaay too long so that you'll get CH in the face a lot of times... i still have a very hard time using s.p as an anti-air option. i just have noooo freaking clue how to do it and how to time it. i guess it's something i just need to learn coming pretty much straight from XX.

Dust feint=tick throw. That's how I usually use it anyways. Even though it has a long startup, the startup will make them burst or stand, after which you can go low or throw.

Yeah, there's very few occasions where I've had people just up and counter a dust. They tend to opt to block and punish, so I've managed to catch some people off guard with it. Though I'm not sure if it's because it's just a new gimmick or if it's a viable strategy later when everyone's accustomed to it.

Sign in to follow this