Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

Slayer AC strats

"Dust feint=tick throw." tick requires you to actually tick with an attack, so the term is inappropriate here

I wanna try incorporating all of his feints into one long ass confusing move. like....Empty D step into mappa feint into fake 6k into dust feint into throw. It'd never land, but damn that'd be awesome >_<

i've been wanting to do that for the longest time. can anyone cite any more uses for footloose now other than those iad opening combos? seems like it isn't very popular anymore.

i've been wanting to do that for the longest time.

can anyone cite any more uses for footloose now other than those iad opening combos? seems like it isn't very popular anymore.

I use it during iad block strings to raise Guard Bar(usually in the form of 5hs iad jd footloose) if that should hit for any reason 5p aircombo time. But other than that no. Anytime slayer gets free knockdowns in a port, get the knockdown. During like #R you could tack on a footloose for the kill, but in AC i dont see that happening anyways. Footloose was at its prime in Slash.

I feel so sad for it. You know what, im gonna make obsure combos with it now.

Only use for it I see is like....landing a j.H too high accidentally and them blocking it, giving them a free throw. You could use FLJ after j.H to avoid them throwing you. It also crosses up if you do it at the right point in a jump, but you get like 20 damage so it kinda sucks.

Yeah I usually get thrown or CH whenever I even try dust. So dust fient is not very practical at all. Anyways, VS counter-happy Baiken, cross-up dandy FB pilebunker that shit.

i was playing on someone else's stick, and came up with this shitty mixup by accident. knockdown, dandy step S (i meant to do FB), dust feint, 2k into combo winner.

Instant block~BBU punishes non FRCed Tatami mats. You probably don't even need the IB. 2S beats Baiken's j.HS if done early enough. (yea I played alot of baiken matches yesterday) I'm starting to think 5p and 2S are better anti airs than 6P.

6P is only used for stuff liek May's Dolphin, Sols Wall fly kick, move such as Faust's Scalop thrust, and stuff liek that.. going throw stun edge :O.. etc... as for FLJ, i used it once on wake up jump in and did a TKed version to escape a VV XD... ahah also.. for Dust feint, i have seen it being used on wake up after air combo knockdown with jD, since they will bounce on the floor you can do it in a way that you feint it to bait a wake up Move..

Ok, anti air vs may, when she gets all jumpy and over your head. Seems like even 2S will trade at best with most of that stuff, but usually can't even hit, and I don't think 5P's hit box would reach past the damn anchor. Anyone else played a good may before?

I think Slayer can try to fight her face-to-face in air, when she gets jumpy. Slayer's air normals are now really good. Spam-ing his j.K is really fun ^^

Well, I know OCCASIONALLY you can do eternal wings to get a CH when she keeps jumping in, but it's risky and not a reliable anti air for sure. Maybe you just have to sit back and let her jump in on you x_x

Hey guess what happened to me today? I was just playin' a little slayer, minding my own business, when all of a sudden, my bite got broke. That's right, someone broke my command grab. How do I know? Slayer was in full bite animation when the purple spark appeared. Someone please tell me this is old news and I just haven't been reading the forums like I should :-(

i would think command throws can't be throw broken... maybe you didnt' really do bite but did throw? Since i did not see this happen to me before... and i did not see it happen ever... and i thought command throws can't be broken so... i dunno i can only conclude that you did a normal throw other then bite by accident?

i would think command throws can't be throw broken... maybe you didnt' really do bite but did throw?

Since i did not see this happen to me before... and i did not see it happen ever... and i thought command throws can't be broken so... i dunno i can only conclude that you did a normal throw other then bite by accident?

Now I would think so too; I would actually prefer that it happened like that. But the following keeps me from making that conclusion:

1)The bite is throw invincible, and I know I did the full motion for it, so even if I didn't get the bite, my positioning would've changed (b/c of the 4HS), but it did not.

2)The animation he went into before it was broken was the bite animation. The regular throw break animation is as if slayer was blocking something iirc.

A friend of mine proposed that it might be like command grabs in 3rd strike; command throws that give you advantage or don't lift you off the ground.

I'll do what I can to replicate it, I just thought I'd see if it happened to anyone else.

I can confirm that this indeed happened to my friend and I during a casual match. Went for a bite and got throw broken. Was in a bit of a shock and forgot about it until I read about it again just now.

Who told you that bite is throw invincible???

I read it somewhere in these threads. If this is not true, then I stand corrected.

someone mentioned that bite was throw invincible. i personally have no idea. i guess it's indeed like 3s where you can break command throws.. just hella harder. i use it a lot. bite's cool.

More than likely, they threw you out of bite and your 4H input at the end of bite caused a throw break. I'm pretty sure command throws can't be broken.

Sign in to follow this