Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

Slayer AC strats

What the hell do I do against Testament?

Be patient

Quoted for emphasis.

Slayer vs. Testament is a horrible mis-match but it's still winnable, it just requires a lot of patience on your end. More often than not you'll be spending more time blocking/dashing while slowly advancing with the hopes of capitalizing on Testament's mistakes with Link+BBU or DOT combos.

It's a fucking stupid match, but something you're gonna have to learn how to play. :vbang:

Sometimes, fighting Testament makes me feel like playing a 2D shooting game. Slayer has a lot of short-range "guns" which he can use anytime, and one badass full-screen "beam cannon" which requires him to charge his power meter.

why can't he shoot batty Ninja stars or some thing of that nature :V...?

Sometimes, fighting Testament makes me feel like playing a 2D shooting game. Slayer has a lot of short-range "guns" which he can use anytime, and one badass full-screen "beam cannon" which requires him to charge his power meter.

For me Slayer vs. Testament feels like a boxing match where one combatant (Slayer) has to play minesweeper and fight the other combatant (Testament) simultaneously.

Actually on the topic of projectiles, I always thought it'd be cool if he had a projectile force break where he like.....opened up his cape and purple bats flew out long enough for you to get a free mix up or something off of them. It would be sexy. But yeah what everyone else said. Be patient vs. testament. He can't do anything to you turtling over there so don't stick you neck out to hit him. Just wait till he gets impatient and comes out of his fortress of trap shit. Most testaments want you to try to hit their traps with some pokes, it gives them a chance to get a free hit in. "Oh, jump at me and kick my web so I can 6K you in the face." Yeah.

If you SB a non-FRC'd EXE beast you get a free DoT... D: Also SB 2nd hit of Badlands if you're fighting scrubs lolololol But yeah, ground SB of 2nd hit = CH DoT, kill. Air SB... quick jK (CH), land, combo I guess. Also at starting spacing, Eddie 2S (blocked) XX H drill (SB) is DoT safe =[

Guys, am I naive when I think that Slayer would be the next king, kicking Eddie outta his throne?

1. Slayer can actually fight anyone now, thanks to the new DOT (and maybe BBU).

2. SB doesn't help much when fighting Slayer, because Slayer's abare capability is just too awesome.

Tell me that I'm not naive!

:kitty:

For me Slayer vs. Testament feels like a boxing match where one combatant (Slayer) has to play minesweeper and fight the other combatant (Testament) simultaneously.

QFT :eng101:

Actually on the topic of projectiles, I always thought it'd be cool if he had a projectile force break where he like.....opened up his cape and purple bats flew out long enough for you to get a free mix up or something off of them. It would be sexy.

Maybe a bit too Darkstalkers, although cool ^^

I think that even though Testament is very troublesome, he can still be beaten with skills. All you need is a good strat and combos. Slayer has crazy combos. Learn them. :SL: uses BBU :TE: tries to counter :TE: has been sent to hell :SL: has comboed BBU multiple times :TE: has bursted out of a combo :SL: has just used DoT :SL: has won :TE: goes crying in a corner

2. SB doesn't help much when fighting Slayer, because Slayer's abare capability is just too awesome.

IMO, I thought SBing versus Slayer would be easier than a lot of characters, because every single one of Slayer's attacks are 1-hit, save for crosswise heel, footloose journey, and the dandy S has the HS followup (which you can punish before it hits you with IB anyways). Trying to SB dandy attacks may not always be worth it cos of delays/different dandies, but other than that, learning how to do it versus mappa, dot, and BBU would help considerable.

It's easier to SB the last hit of multi-hit moves and or moves at the end of strings. 1-hit moves require you to guess/know the move is coming and still hit the timing properly, whereas multi-hit moves and strings are a bit more mechanical (just hit the timing).

i dont' think SBing Slayer moves are worth profit... IBing it is probalby more profit then SBing it like what most people have mentioned. Anyways... darkpanzer: I dont want to sound rude or anything or if i offend you i am srry but, that is very lol... i dunno why but it just seems so optimistic of how a Slayer vs Testy match up.

that te vs sl matchup would look more like this: testament scores kd and sets some webs vs jump ins slayer moves in with bbu slayer eats forward beast because he used a random bbu repeat ad nauseum until slayer figures out bbu is not how we start our attacks. the matchup isn't unwinnable, far from it. But its still annoying as all hell. It mostly boils down to taking down webs and avoiding beasts, but it gets to you after a while.

i dont' think SBing Slayer moves are worth profit... IBing it is probalby more profit then SBing it like what most people have mentioned.

Anyways...

darkpanzer: I dont want to sound rude or anything or if i offend you i am srry but, that is very lol... i dunno why but it just seems so optimistic of how a Slayer vs Testy match up.

Don't worry Zaido, no offense taken, the one with all the ball heads right? I said that half jokingly. I've beat a Testament player who got hit with that before, and I murdered that fool for the rest of the night. We've been taking turns beating the shit out of each other since we started to get serious. Either he gets an almost perfect win, or I do. I avoid his beasts alot, easy to dodge when you teleport. I do tend to not use BBU until I know it will connect. So far, my win streak is the same as his. He was beating me last night, but somethings telling me I'll be beating his ass next time we play. He's a good Testy player, he could make a combo vid if he wanted. I say hes good, but not as great as some others out there. I think he said that the Testy mod was better than him.

I always eat his badlands loops. I always fall for his mix-ups as well, you never know what that fool os gonna do next. Hes on here as tr@pzt@r btw.

:TE: uses beast

:SL: teleports at the right moment and dodges it

:TE: sets web

:SL: eats web

:TE: does a badlands loop

:SL: takes massive damage

:SL: somehow recovers

:TE: comes in for the kill

:SL: counters his rush in with BBU

:SL: barely wins with almost no health left

This is an actual replay of what happened when I fought tr@pzt@r

:SL: uses BBU

:TE: has been sent to hell

That was my favorite part haha

>>>CD

Yeah, I can see the later hits of multi-hit moves being easier to parry because the move is already out there, there is no guessing, only timing.

Sign in to follow this