Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

Slayer AC strats

I perfected his Testament once. So I am happy for that fact for Testament is one of Slayer's worst match-ups. I also perfected his Jam once. He can do Jam's infinite, but Jam is still no match for my Slayer. Tr@pzt@r's Tesament like I said before, is really good. If he practiced ALOT more, he may be able to get on Shounen's level if he played more seriously and practiced everyday. My Slayer is great, but not that great compared to some people on here. As long as I perfected a Testament who is actually tournament worthy, I'll be feeling great. And atleast I have a vague idea on how to fight a good Testy player with Slayer, just gotta figure out there strategy, wait for a point to counter, and BBU to my heart's content and finish it with a stupid crazy strong combo.

pro strat vs eddie: punch Marn/Ogawa/Teyah in the face and hope no one notices. finish match before they get back up.

eddie is too good. slayer is merely 3rd best imo

it's funny how people that lose to slayer say he's so cheap and what not but u gotta look at who slayer is normally up against at high lvl play. ALL BAD MATCH-UPS!!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!:vbang:

pro strat vs eddie: punch Marn/Ogawa/Teyah in the face and hope no one notices. finish match before they get back up.

That's kind of how I fight Testy. I select Slayer and then wait to see who they pick. If they select testy I hit them in the face and then proceed to rub their nose on the screen like a dog smelling it's own crap. I make sure to say "NO! BAD NUB! BAAAAAADDD!" Sadly I still usually lose...

During Okizeme, is using dandy step outside the first move a good idea? For instance: 2d, knockdown, p dandy, delayed it's late(semi-perfect meaty style). This is how I use the dandy after knockdown, as the very first part of the mix-up/blockstring 2d, knockdown, s©, s, p dandy, under pressure. I don't like this at all because of how many people can spot dandy's and punish on reaction. The only reason i can see for using dandy's in the middle of pressure is perhaps a FRC 2hs. Wondering if my logic is correct here or i am just trying to play it too safe.

using the slash dandy right before the wakeup frames to put yourself in throw range then dropping a direct its late is also pretty good. It crosses up, is overhead, and it baits a grab with a grabsafe move. Aside from that i really only use dandy to dodge slow moves and to crank guard guage with pilebanger. Oh also I've had some success with okizeming with 5hs>under pressure/pb(if it hits) I wouldn't suggest it vs everyone though.

isn't Its Late directly the only one that can't be grabbed? and the on that is done with Under Pressure its late the one that doesnt ahve that ability? Tage: after you put 2D knockdown-> S S(as okizeme?) anyhow... the thing with dandy pressures is the fact that it has like 4 or 5 variations to it that you can use upon.. therea re like 2 of them that you will most likely not use within the pressure, and that is Pile Bunker and Crosswise, me saying this is because they like "free hit me" if you miss or it gets blocked unless you RC it. so those are out of the picture usually... as for Under pRessure or, Direct its late, or FB Pile Bunker i can seet hose being used in certain situations. now the thing is, certain characters like lets say Johnny, who see you dandy, he might either throw a coin that can probably strike you on wind up, or f.S, or 2HS, 5H (all examples) so pressuring him with this is not really a good idea, so here is what you got to do, keep him pressured enough to guess what move is comign up next, scare him enough he will problaby have slow reacion on ur dandy steps, dandy S(UnderPressure) can be used as a bait poke tool, doing it fast stops you from going further, and leaves out a poke as well, doing safe stuff, you do dandy they jump up-> cross wise or watever, certain situations instead of doing Mappa K or watever, i might do K dandy to Under pressure to delay an attack in or somethign, liek they might think i gona Mappa, but i dandy in instead or watever.. (all this are just examples, i cant' really tell you how Slayer dandy works cause it just so happen to work in that situation and at that time, i cant say whore this out to dandy will work or not so... meh.... its all up to how you percieve the moment

I TRY to avoid using dandy too much since it is pretty easy to punish but it does have some good uses. Dand S vs an air born opponent nets good combos and if you can condition them to thinking you'll delay the it's late, you can get a nice CH and that shit HURTS. Don't use it too much though. Generally I only use dandy if I expect apoke, such as at the start of the round. Immediately do P dandy, if they swing, free pile bunker. If they don't, you're generally safe at that distance if you just let it recover. I also use dandy to give the illusion of doing something unsafe. PB or Crosswise to make them go for a punish and immediately RC into 5H or j.H in crosswises case. It either gets a CH or they block it and you can get a mixup. Use sparingly.

I'm happy, I perfected a Testament last night as revenge for the perfect her gave to me earlier that day. We started recording a few matches and they looked REALLY GREAT except fot the fact that the angle of the camera made it so you couldn't see half of what we were even doing. At the end, we were starting to get really crappy because we were both in pain from stomach aches to shoulder pains and whatnot. I'm thinking about recording some more matches then putting them on youtube to see what you guys can say I need work on. Would that be alright? I just don't know when I would be able to upload some of these videos.

I'm thinking about recording some more matches then putting them on youtube to see what you guys can say I need work on. Would that be alright? I just don't know when I would be able to upload some of these videos.

that woudl be great :yaaay:

Yeah, this all depends on when I can upload these videos. We are gonna record some more matched though . I just know I need some help with Slayer some more. I through out some moves that might seem weird sometimes at random moments. I know that around the 10th, we'll record alot of matches because I'm having a party, which means that we can get alot of vids recorded at that time. I can't wait to see what you all say.

Alright, for Slayer's offense. What is your plan? How do you approach? What are some of your mix ups? I'm trying to get more creative with my offense so I could use some ideas. Help me out here peopleeeeez

my plan is to hit them with my big damaging FAT combos :) as for approach, i try to throw my pokes out and try to make them approach me, then i try to predict, if they gona do a low attack as they come in, a mid attack as they come in or a jump in or air dash attack, that is when youeither do a batty cloud of death!!!(2H), my circular round house of death(6H) or my body blow! (6P), if they try to get away, or i do my kick to face (2S). any of these i can follow with either big dmg, or at least score some sort of knockdown and go for mix up. other pressure are all with you being really sneaky with ur okizeme, and ur way of poking... i mean the rest is situational, like i migth use dandy under presure or what not, but it might not be safe or what not... main pokes i like and use alot: 5k 5p 2p 2S 6H jH jK jP Dandy(any) under pressure Psychic BBU!!!!( its as it sounds!!! it just hits them :V ) Pokes i like too use but not as friendly soemtimes: 2D (reason being its good fast and everything, good to stop rushins but if you do to close... Ouch) 2H (one of my favorite moves to start off my Batty cloud of death combos :V) 6P (Slow start up but good when i get an air CH-> more big dmg) jD (its fast, it gets my knockdowns, but sometimes jH is used more, jD rare situation.) i wil write/Edit this some more later.. i need to eat dinner first ;V

Hmm well, ok then for mix ups, what do you guys do? Mine generally consists of this stuff: blocked move that links into a low or overhead of choice, IE: 5K-> 6K/2K or 2S -> 6K/D/2D/2H 6K on wake up. 6K feint on wake up into bite -> BBU 6K blocked in corner into bite 2K on wake up. 6K early on wake up for last second whiff, 2K dandy step whiff under pressure -> it's late on wake up 5K dash in throw 2K dash in throw 2K -> 2H spam to make them want to jump after the 2K, then 2K 2S them c.S f.S dash in throw c.S f.S IAD over them, j.K cross up 2S mappa feint throw Hmmm....what else do you guys do? Also I think my playstyle now is more play super defensive and frustrate them into attacking and them capitalize on them taking risks with either batty foot fortress defense or 2S anti air craft gun. Then lots of good zoning and pokes. Once I get a knock down then I go for some pressure. Then when they get used to that style, randomly go on the offense. It really fucks people up.

my play style is hitting them with BBU :V... like out of no where ;V... most people i play i usualy have to do alot of good pokes like 2P 2K or 2P 2P FDC Bite or 2P 2K 2S 2H or 6H 6H FRC mix ups etc.. i dunno what to really say, really i think i play kind of aggressive, but you also have to be wiery of how aggressive you have to be? i kind of notice i liek to use 2P alot when really close up pokes cause if i score a 2P hit when they in the air, change it to 5P => air combo one that someone ehre mentioned was doing like combo land 5S or watever jump D->j2k -> airdash jH mix up where either jH hits, or it barely misses and you do 2K ->2H if it hits ->2K-> 2H or watever blah blah

speaking of videos, mine goes like I hit them with BBU I go YES!! Opponent goes AH!! And the crowd gos WOAH!! well anyways uh... usually just got to look for places to score those CH :V.. once you get some CH in, you deal the doh.. then after you deal the doh, they might think twice to get in on you, then you can go mix them up for free :V

Sign in to follow this