Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

Slayer AC strats

I find that I'm really REALLY offensive. I guess I play that way because the way I played Marvel from before. I tend to rush is as I said before. I use Mappa alot, also with BBU and the bat clouds. I like to use DS alot for mix-ups and yeah, thats really it.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread, but there's no "general Slayer questions" thread, so..

Anyway, I read some framedata earlier, and found these two things:

2H	13	2 	22 	-5
Floats on ground hit (untechable: 34F)

Hitting on the first active frame, it means it's +11 on hit.

Big Bang Upper	 10 	6 	35 	-22
Cannot be cancelled into.

The Big Bang Upper has a startup of 10 frames, and can't be cancelled into.

Going by any kind of logic I can, these two things say that 2H -> BBU has a window smaller then FRC's, yet I don't think anyone has the least of problems nailing this combo all the time.

So, what part of the frame data am I reading wrong?

You aren't reading it wrong. But you're making a wrong conclusion, "2H -> BBU has a window smaller then FRC's". 2H is +11 on hit, BBU has 10 startup frames, that means we get a 2-frame window to combo it. Many FRC's have 2-frame window, so 2H-BBU is definitely not harder than FRC's.

Hm, that's true. But still.. It really doesn't feel like there's a FRC-tight timing on the link. I started nailing 2H -> BBU easily the moment I picked up Slayer, but I know my execution hardly is solid enough to nail FRC's constantly. Well, perhaps it's just because the timing is "press D the instant 2H is finished" instead of "wait until frame 16, then press PKS".

i wonder what does any of those have to do with Slayer AC Strats??? o wells. as for doing FRC and doing links,gatlings watever... the mind set of just doing it is different. i guess you can say you can buffer a move, but i doubt you can Buffer a FRC???

i have a general question about slayer. i think i read somewhere you can cancel a 2k or 2d somewhere after a Dust Feint, but i cant seem to do it. I just wait till the faint is completly over and do a 2k, which is still pretty fast, but if it can be faster id like to know.

Dust feint. total 32F. On frame 32, can be canceled into either 2K or 2D. So it's cancel on the last recovery frame, making 2k or 2d come out only 1F faster then any other normal/special.

Dust feint. total 32F. On frame 32, can be canceled into either 2K or 2D. So it's cancel on the last recovery frame, making 2k or 2d come out only 1F faster then any other normal/special.

That made me lol XD

I was wondering what your guys standard responses to Sol are in the following situations, 1. Sol Does Naked FRC Gunflame from about the distance a gunflame travels away a. he runs in behind it b. he airdashes after it with slash c. he just lets it ride to see what you do 2. Sol Does string into FRC Gunflame 3. Sol is ontop of you and going for string it IAD mixup specifically the dealing with gunflame stuff would be the most helpful. if he airdashes depending on distance I can sometimes 6p him out of it but the gunflame makes good follow ups hard. Plus personally I need to remember to stop trying to hit him out of it with dandy into crosswise, stupid gunflame covers him to well.

Backdash / Block. Don't try to hit him out of that stuff. Just look for a command throw setup and attack when he runs out of momentum. He can't FRC all day. If he gunflames with no meter, IAD over it and j.H for free CH.

For the third situation, IB the move he is JCing and then counter his airdash with 6P or an airthrow or whatever. In any situation with GF FRC, do not attack. Block or back away. Don't get fancy. I would also recommend not attacking when you see potential grab setups. Just get away. Don't risk a CH.

like everyone said, block it and dont try to counter,and watch out for tick throw attempts. i am not really to sure if jP work well against sols that try to jump in on you.. i forgot :V... when i play my friend sol again i will try it out

2P only works if they space / time it wrong. Which most sols don't time it perfectly. The only 100% safe options is 1 frame jump FD out.

2P only works if they space / time it wrong. Which most sols don't time it perfectly. The only 100% safe options is 1 frame jump FD out.

What do you usually follow up the 1F jump with? Do you double jump and try to j.H CH the command grab (assuming he whiffs) or IAD out of there?

If they whiff the throw, I just come back down with a j.H. You can also do that and come back down on them for pressure but if you're predictable with it, might wanna mix it up with IAD out so they have to guess.

2P only works if they space / time it wrong. Which most sols don't time it perfectly.

I wouldn't say most Sols don't time it perfectly, especially considering that I'm the only good Sol player you ever fight and I don't even main with him anymore. You should do everything with the thought that the player you're facing knows what he is doing. That way you don't build up bad habits that get you killed in tournaments.

2HS is a bad idea unless the Sol player is really far out, in which case he probably isn't going to grab you unless you've proven that you're just gonna sit there and block.

I was wondering what your guys standard responses to Sol are in the following situations,

1. Sol Does Naked FRC Gunflame from about the distance a gunflame travels away

a. he runs in behind it Backdash away and if he attacks, jump cancel the backdash and block. FD if u have meter.

b. he airdashes after it with slash BDC jump and FD or u can try 2 b cool and BDC air throw but it's risky

c. he just lets it ride to see what you do ......block.

2. Sol Does string into FRC Gunflame block if ur not gettin hit

3. Sol is ontop of you and going for string it IAD mixup assuming there's no flames around, just anti-air him with 2s and get a free combo or BDC air throw and mix his ass up. WATCH OUT FOR VV!!

specifically the dealing with gunflame stuff would be the most helpful.

if he airdashes depending on distance I can sometimes 6p him out of it but the gunflame makes good follow ups hard. it's ok, block the GF and move in on him for some OKI mind games. he's more than likely gonna VV because he's expecting a 6k, just walk up and stand there, block the VV, then punish with 2s and combo. if he doesn't VV u can just do stupid slayer mix-ups. dash through him and throw, switch between meaty 2d and 6k etc. but b very cautious of the VV.

Plus personally I need to remember to stop trying to hit him out of it with dandy into crosswise, stupid gunflame covers him to well. I'd recommend u not use that move against sol at all other than as an anti-air and that hardly ever works, so yeah.....just don't use it. if sol blocks crosswise he gets a free command grab into sidewinder loops and they hurt. also never dandy step against a GF, u'll get countered every time and catch some nasty sidewinders. trust me, i kno.

hope the advice i've givin u helps out ur slayer. now go out there and b top tier:eng101:

This is random but Slayer's dandy step K beats out Dead on Time. I was doing dandy step and a guy activated DOT as I started dandy K and it beat it out. We were both like O_O Ahh.....stupid slayer moments.

Slayer's K dandy beats out a lot of shit (trades and clashes with almost everything else). The upper-body invul is insane - I know this because I spam it too much ... gg bad habbits :/

Sign in to follow this