Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

Slayer AC strats

Also don't forget that BDC mappa is throw invincible for a certain amount of frames

I thought they made BDC not throw-invuln in Slash? Did they change it in AC?

Yes, it is possible to be outside pot's throw range with either mappa on block. However, it's kind of pointless because on block neither of you can do anything but on hit you get nothing. However, you could possibly get 2k or 2d off of a CH mappa from max distance.

you always get DOT FRC off any range CH mappa

Hmm, another reason to use mappa in real matches.

(not a great question, but maybe it's alright to start with something small?...) how about good/smart usage of j.2K for air "mobility"? i see it done, but i can't say i know when's a good time to do it, and when isn't. is it just something to practice and get the hang of, or do you have any particular tips/insights about good movement with j.2K?

Think of it exactly like anji j.D stratagy. Using it to make them whiff anti-airs, adjust your air posistion, ect. I use it mainly to whiff anti airs, mess up auto-pilot airthrowing (I believe j.2K moves Slayers hitbox in some way that airthrowing it is a wee difficult. you can relplace any falling j.H with a j.2K and it may CH their j.H (whiffed airthrow). Also, any BDC superjump forward can stand to add an ascending j.2K for a little bit more height and movement. (j.2K ALWAYS moves you forward.) So here is a little technique with j.2K. It involves a forward dash 1fj (or 8 jump). You will RETAIN your forward dash momentum and when you do a j.2K, the momentum will be installed on to it making for extra distance on your j.2K so 66->7P+S->j.2K Also, a BDC superjump backwards j.2K will change your momentum back to forward and a falling j.H will land right where you originally jumped. 4437->j.2K->falling j.H j.2K fuzzy gaurd (on potemkin) falling j.D->j.2K(fuzzy)RC j.D->214214S->c.S PB 100 meter but lol. umm, what else... oh yeah! Your airdash j.S will hit around 3 times, ya know. So you can do say, airdash j.S(3)->land pressure. basic, right? with j.2K you can do airdash j.S(1-2)->j.2K (here the j.2K will NOT come out. You're only canceling the j.S with j.2K to remove some of the hits and land.) from there you can BDC dandy or mappa for the throw bait, you can bite, you can overhead or low. You can also have the j.2K come out if you do the airdash j.S with the timing of the first j.K of airdash j.K->j.K. Also, same timing as airdash j.K->j.K you can do say.. airdash j.D->j.2K->j.P->j.K for an airdash pressure string with many different options. The MAIN use I see for j.2K is for whiffing purposes. It's really better for characters that don't have a tall anti air. Characters with taller anti airs like say testament or a potemkin 2H will get ya for it. Also the most IMPORTANT thing about j.2K is getting people to WANT to anti air you. Then just replace with a j.H and go crazy.

hi i've been trying to get good with the my mains(below) and on slayer(as well as other carthers) i have problems withe his air overdrive when i'm facing left. i can do it in combos easely but it is hard for me to do it on its own. any advice.

Some notes about 668 jump and j.2K

668 jump will install your dash momentum into your neutral jump. This is very useful for Slayer as his falling j.H hitbox works best while not having too much forward momentum. Too much forward momentum will give your opponent more time to dash under you and more space for them to airthrow you which is bad news for Slayer.

Using forward dash 8 jump gives you many advantages. It lets you move forward a lot while still having options to retreat and good angles on your moves/movement in the air. This type of movement works best at the tip of 5K range. Most anti airs in the game will lose to a falling j.H in this situation as they are either too far away, or your opponent has to waste frames by moving towards you to attempt to anti air.

This also installs momentum onto your j.2K, making it shoot you forward abnormally. Good for moving in on a whiff of a high-recovery move (pot 6H or 5H as an example)

I have had many prominent players tell me that my j.2K usage and dash-jump usage is very confusing and hard to adapt to.

One of my main focuses when I play Slayer is making my opponent very uncomfortable while I am in the air. j.H is of course, j.H. j.S is 3 or 4 frames or something, making airthrows very tight for your opponent, j.2K resets the tempo of my falling.

Have I talked about IAD j.S usage yet? If not, here it is.

scenario: you hit with either 5H, 5K, 2S and after it you IAD j.S to get back inside, here is your theory.

j.S hits a max of 4 times. You can cancel any of these hits with j.2K, or the last two hits with a jump cancel.

IAD j.S(4)->landing pressure (make them block)

IAD j.S(2)->j.2K->land->bite (j.2K will cancel the remaining j.S hits out, putting you on the ground with no recovery and you are biting)

IAD j.S(1)->j.2K (This time, the j.2K will NOT whiff, baiting their throw, CH them or whiff their 6_4H, alowing you to j.P or j.K for a punish)

IAD j.S(2)->j.2K-> landing low

This works very well against opponents that don't always tap throw in the situation of you landing next to them. You will also need to compensate for FD with dash bite or 2H/Sweep.

And of course, always hit confirm it with footloose into aircombo.

Looks like a damn good strat post, Mac! :thumbu: :thumbu:

I'm one of the Slayers who like to forward dash A LOT. It looks cool and scary. The 668 strat might make it scarier.

IAD j.S(4)->landing pressure (make them block)

IAD j.S(2)->j.2K->land->bite (j.2K will cancel the remaining j.S hits out, putting you on the ground with no recovery and you are biting)

IAD j.S(1)->j.2K (This time, the j.2K will NOT whiff, baiting their throw, CH them or whiff their 6_4H, alowing you to j.P or j.K for a punish)

IAD j.S(2)->j.2K-> landing low

Gotta try it when I can!

Brilliant stuff in regards to the j.2k cancelling. Going to start adding that to my regular playstyle. Going to have to toy around with 668 j.2k though. Looks like something that takes a while to get used to.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee more secrets from the vampire lab.

I've been using this knockdown a WHOLE LOT LATELY.

SJI some combo then ... -v

sj.H->sj.D->sj.2K->sj.K->dj->j.D HERE IS WHERE IT'S AWESOME. Cancel the j.D late with j.2K and you can MEATY a j.K with little to no pushback from the knockdown. Also, they cannot 1fj out of this setup as it will just get tagged by the 6K and they're forced back down.

Opens up stuff like

Meaty j.K (hit) 2D RC SJI BACK INTO THE SAME MIXUP

Meaty j.K (block) 2K/Bite/5D

Meaty j.K (block) 6K 5K 6P FRC SJI BACK TO THE SAME MIXUP

AND OMG are you NOT in the corner? YOU HAVE CROSSUP j.K based on how late you j.2K cancel the j.D.

This I feel is the bestest knockdown for oki as the meaty j.K is free and the options afterwards are so fucking good and they're like RIGHT THERE.

ALSO IT'S A SAFEJUMP!

Holy fuck.

Really interesting. And yet I still cannot do SJI combos.... :gonk:

sj.H->sj.D->sj.2K->sj.K->dj->j.D HERE IS WHERE IT'S AWESOME. Cancel the j.D late with j.2K and you can MEATY a j.K with little to no pushback from the knockdown. Also, they cannot 1fj out of this setup as it will just get tagged by the 6K and they're forced back down.

I'm sure you mean j.K there. :)

ALSO IT'S A SAFEJUMP!

What's a safejump?

safejumps are meaty jump attacks that allow you to land before a reversal hits you.

and how can you not get auto ji with slayer? do anything with a single jump, land 5H, sj into free double jump. you don't have to do 5H 929 or any of that shit with slayer.

Really interesting. And yet I still cannot do SJI combos.... :gonk:

I'm sure you mean j.K there. :)

What's a safejump?

Yeah, wirya, that's what I meant :3 And what Kamui said about it. It's free!

I've been working with setups like this myself a lot, but what makes this kind of a setup truly versatile is that you don't even have to do it off a SJI combo. It can be made to work off any relaunch combo or even off of a long combo ending in 5K j.D.

this might be common knowledge for years, but i only realized it yesterday, since i used to play chipp: if you use a j.D, then double jump and continue the combo without another j.D, the landing recovery of the first j.D will not apply when you land.

with slayer, this is especially useful in combos such as this:

juggle HS, sj.HS,D,2K,K, [dj.S(2),K,\/] or [dj.HS,K,\/]. if you use this extension, the next link into HS will be a lot easier.

Sign in to follow this