Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

Slayer AC strats

haha yeah. Didn't someone say it had upper body invincibility or something as well? It's also untechable on CH in the air. You can do some dirty stuff after landing it. One of my friend's order-sol likes to jump at me at the start of every match, so I open the match with a 2S into air combo. It's a nice little start to things, haha. I've never really used it as a ground to ground poke though. Doesn't it leave you at disadvantage after block / possibly punishable?

well you can always cancel the 2s to a special, or cancel to a 2D or what not.. and i dont' think its upper body invcinble i only think the leg itself would be invincible ;X.. a jH from like Johnny might either trade or you win :X in cases liek taht :o

Hey guys, guess what, I just invented a new invincibite! Well, sort of. It's more like option select bite. You do 63214S+H for a slash back and then release heavy to get a bite. If you do it right you get a bite with a yellow flash. Might be useful somehow, thought I'd post it up and see what you guys think.

you can cancel the whiffed slash back into a special? so slash back doesn't have some sort of can't block property when you whiff a slash back before you do anythign after?

I think normally it does, but this is like instant, you get a yellow guard thing AS SOON as you start the bite. It's instantaneous. So I figure the slashback would cover a lot of the throws start up against pokes and what not.

Ok so I was checking out the new matchup chart from the arcadia article and it gives Slayer a 4.0 vs. Eddie, Potemkin, Testament, and ABA. I wonder why ABA is considered a bad matchup for him?

I dunno, Slayer can still out poke a lot of her stuff like 2H beating out most of her ground game. Maybe it's the fact that a lot of slayer's stuff is just a single hit and so Danzai pretty much wrecks his zoning game if used intelligently? That seems like a bad idea though since Danzai is unsafe... I know that ABA is hard as fuck to combo with slayer though. 2K 2H BBU doesn't even work on her outside of POINT BLANK range.

i think ABA has better pokes imo... i mean as good as slayer's pokes are, hers are just better when in "Moroha??" mode or however its spelled... i mean, you cant really okizeme her cause of the DP move.. , she can always FB that shit on you for free... and lead to decent dmg combo... i think SS wont work cause the DP will hit you after the first hit of S :/... and her S? is pretty fast and good poke.. and her Grab thing is pretty gay tooo >.>...

Everything ABA has in Moroha mode is better than what slayer has. Her 5HS can beat out just about any long range poke you can think of. DB, 5p, 2S, and 5HS for anti-airs. TONS of tensionless damage. Slayer's 2S can kill most of her air moves, but she can fight you on the ground all day and you really just have to sit there and guess. 2H, BBU, and 5k will not save you when she's on your ass. You really just have to turtle it out and wait for her to fuck up. When she's in normal mode, then you can go to town :-D

whadda ya mean? You can combo S,S,2K,2H,BBU on her, where 2K,2H,BBU is not point blank.

It might just be in normal mode then but she has a really weird flench animation that she does when she gets hit that seems to push her back further when in ground combos. If you don't believe me, check it out. Moroha mode might be different though.

And yeah as for the free IK....good luck with that. The ABA I play is smart enough to just eat a blood pack and take a hit if he's low, or end every combo into key grab. Either or.

The ABA I play is smart enough to just eat a blood pack and take a hit if he's low, or end every combo into key grab. Either or.

Any ABA who doesn't do such things deserves to be IKed.

I comboed S,S,2K,2H,BBU on normal-mode ABA.

Yeah I just did too, I guess I just sucked back when I used to practice on her. She's actually pretty easy to combo....5H in air combos all day on her. Sorry for the misinformation.

crouch 6K, c.S XX 214K > K, H to whatever combo D:

Just a nice option if you somehow don't have tension yet.

c.S 214k> K doesn't combo does it? I'm having trouble even getting the 214 P version to combo.

1-frame link on crouchers. it's in a combo video.

Eww.

If I can barely do that in training mode....F that in a real match, lol.

Still sexy though. Sucks the 5H followup doesn't seem to work on lighter characters.

Sign in to follow this