Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

Slayer AC strats

hey guys. just got AC recently. damn, these links are hard. air combos are great though, though not being able to do 2k links yet sucks. anyway i stumbled upon this weird combo on millia: immortal wings RC -> j.S [3] -> land -> 5H -> the rest. it was really random and i was just playing around, but when i tried to do it again i couldn't. it's really a huge waste of tension, but it looked kinda cute so meh. : p

what if the normal is not Special cancelable or Jump cancelable Example: 2K :o...? ok i guess i am asking too much :p.. usually if i get slashbacked... i would just hope that i can block watever is coming next XD...

Well obviously if it's not special cancelable it doesn't work, but if you try to do something predictable like c.S f.S x2, they might try to slash back one of the hits.

that is kind of too advanced for me to think about, but whatever works works :p cause i dont' think i have the reaction or the prediction to cancel my normal to bite or watever if i saw a slashback, i probalby jsut gona end up trying to block or maybe jump block or seomthign :X

Fun Fact: If someone slash backs one of your normals, you can cancel it into bite and get a free throw!

Hmm, I thought after a successfull slashback we could immediately move, so I don't think Slayer's bite is fast enough to catch the opponent. Of course I could be wrong, I haven't tested it =)

These are really good stuff. I recently just picked up Slayer so I still am just scrubby with him. I tend to just rush in with him. I barely teleport (I know this is bad) and I know I could have avioded some moves if only I teleported. My strats are to come in with a 236k, 6p, 6s, and cross my opponent up using the p or k. I easily get grabbed and I need to use more hs. Damn.... I need to practice that Slayer some more.

Hmm, I thought after a successfull slashback we could immediately move, so I don't think Slayer's bite is fast enough to catch the opponent. Of course I could be wrong, I haven't tested it =)

I believe it's 2 or 4 frames after a slash back. Bite's like 5 frame start up I think, and considering human error, people won't attack IMMEDIATELY after a slash back, there'll be a small gap. They could uppercut or MAYBE like...2P, or jump away, but even in the case of 2P, i think bite would still catch it. Still, just a fun fact. I dunno how often you'd get to do that as slash backs are kinda rare for the most part.

look, if you're in a situation where your opponent knows what you're gonna do and decides to SB it, and YOU know he knows and that he's gonna SB it, why don't you throw him off instead and just go straight for the bite/throw? (unless you're talking about "SB-confirming" one hit from your pressures string, in which case you must have god-like reflexes... but i think it's still silly.) edit: lol or better yet, pause so that he SB flickers and then can't block for the next idk-how-many frames, then cream him.

lol I think we're thinking about this too much. I only wanted to point it out because I was fucking around with the dummy and slash back mode in training and noticed I could bite without worrying about block stun >_< Really though, who the hell slash backs? I have yet to meet anyone that does it on a regular basis.

the thign is any one who attempts a slashback either will retaliate if they get the slashback because they obviously attempt to counter with soemthign, other cases is if they accidently slashbacked, liek i think someone in some thread that i was reading on said before, they will just be shocked that they slash back and have noidea what is going on so they do nothing.. so if a person who intentionally slash back at a move that they know is coming, they will counter, unless they messed it up. so if they do anymove that has lesser frames then bite start up, it pretty much isn't gona work, BUT... its an option so i wont' deny the fact there, but the fact that it isn't gaurenteed is i think what everyone wants to point at. i think??? so all in all, people who SB, and know how to SB, will probalby punish it, so far, most people dont SB is because they don't have the timing or something, i sometimes SB, but usually i don't do it on purpose cause i am still trying to get SB out when iw ant it to cause sometimes i push 4 and S+HS i sometimes don't get the SB, and just do nothing instead so i need to learn if i have to tap 4 and S+HS or what not on block :X... but anyways yea... just my 2 cents that i thought i would share. so if somehow you know they gona Slashback and all you can always do something else to mess up the timing ;X... liek stagger your next hit or osemthing.

The only thing I slashback with any consistency is jam's stupid f+hs(I think thats it the crazy double palm.) And after that I definitely bite that shit, into something or other, it's really nice for getting crazy jam pressure off cause you can't bdc bite that or anything thanks to it's throw invulnerability and it'll hit bdc dandy or anything else.

Slayer corner mixup time: 5K... - 6K, huge damage combo on hit - 2D RC, huge damage combo on hit - 2K, whatever - throw/bite - 6P to stop mashing - 2H to stop other mashing - Undertow to reset the mixup and make people scared, also guardbar Undertow leads into a similar situation! Also off 6K, you should do 5K > 6P FRC into 230-300 (lol 400 on Chipp with guardbar) damage combo. Best practice non-basic corner combos to make them really pay for blocking the wrong way!

Okay, tell me that it is not. I am on Japanese version and it has happened twice with Dizzy. I am at disadvantage too. Is it because it is a HS move and it is just a bug? Everyone has stated that it is not techable all over the place, just making sure.

This happened to me a couple of times in a match as well, also on the japanese version. I've also heard rumors of Faust's command grab being broken. Everyone says it's not possible, I think it's probably just a 1 -frame break that no one ever gets.

how do you know the grab is coming out and not HS? and if you're at a disadvantage, it's probably them throwing you first, and then you teching because you're hitting normal throw even though you input your command grab. the easy way to test this is to see if they can tech it while standing outside their normal throw range.

how do you know the grab is coming out and not HS?

From my experience it shows Slayer go into bite animation and then you see the throw getting broken.

We've seen this happen as well. It is clear that the command grab is being broken because he goes into the startup animation of the bite, then the opponent bounces off like they broke it.

Sign in to follow this