Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

Slayer AC strats

Hello, I have a question about Mugi's Slayer (specifically in the video of Shadow [Eddie] vs. Mugi [slayer]). It appears to me that Mugi's Slayer is very unorthodox, but I don't know because I am a scrub at Slayer. Can anyone tell me more about him?

oki 6p FRC works very well for baiting and punishing wake-up supers, uppers, etc.:kitty: 6p also beats ky's uppercut but i'm sure u all probably know that already:keke:

6P gets pwned by VV unless you FRC it and do the move early so you can block that shit and pwn Sol after :P

ugh......did i not specify this in my post above:psyduck:

you know i dont like to read :p, i actually for some reason didnt' see the line above the part where it says 6P beat Ky part blah blah :V... srry i have been losign sleep since classes started ><

You don't even have to fake it really. Just make it look like a convincing meaty. 6K recovers so fast you can block as soon as his foot hit's the ground almost and it's really difficult to tell a 6K intended to bait and a 6K intended for wake up apart.

You don't even have to fake it really. Just make it look like a convincing meaty. 6K recovers so fast you can block as soon as his foot hit's the ground almost and it's really difficult to tell a 6K intended to bait and a 6K intended for wake up apart.

i guess 6k is ok but most opponents expect u to b tricky with meaty 6ks and 6k feints so they will probably just try to throw u when they see that kick animation plus u would really have to b good with the timing or ur ass is gonna catch a big fat CH alot of the time. i'd say 6p is better because of the fact that it's slow and people think that it's no way u can not get hit by there wake-up attack and go for it causing them to lose a big chunk of health or even......death:bad:

what is with people and their flashy avatars :/.... anyways...

i hate how jam is so freaken light so i ahve to do really crappy version's of "The Rest" when i fight her :/... sometimes i even leads to me unable to end it with the final jD part so i had to bait the tech if she does with an airthrow :O..

also i did somethign really hillarious with slayer was as i was doing the rest i did a miss timed djS, and instead it didn't come out but dj2K did and it whiffed, Jam teched and i air threw her as soon as my dj2K recovered XD... good shit.. luv that j2K XD...

lol, that is some good shit. about the combos, it's because all female characters and Bridget are floaty-as-hell-cahracters, so they magically recover from air combos when you least expect it. i hate that the most because it fucks up my mappa juggling X(

Actually, Jam is just floatier than the other lights. This has been the case since forever. And actually Baiken is weird to combo for Slayer in AC. Combos that work on other lights don't work very well on her, go figure.

Both the feint and real 6k have an extra 3 frames of landing recovery.

6K is throw-invincible, so I think it's not bad to use it on Pot. Oh yeah, recently I found out that FB pilebunker has such a long reach. I've been using it as a quick counter-attack. @Villanious : Hammerfall-spamming Pot? Hammerfall? AFAIK it's really not spam-able =) Just block it and he's in big trouble. He gotta FRC it to make it safe, but how would you spam a move when you need tension to make it safe?

tell me that after he does back dash Pot Buster =_= its liek you do 6K => backdash -> oh you land-> pot bustered already... ggpo.. and i think i will clarify this as don't use it as an Okizeme, but in a block string, i will give it a chance or 2.. he can do Hammer fall , hammer fall break faints to pot buster, to watever lol tactics

If you do 6K as an oki, you do it meaty. Pot's BD is 21F. You have 5F active and 4F recovery for a total of 9. So if he BDs off meaty 6K you can jump and not be thrown, punish BD and not be thrown, go for a second 6K and not be thrown.

So what do you guys do against hammerfall spamming pot? That move rapes me T_T

I don't have a definite answer (as if anyone expected me to!) but another question, is it a good idea to forward dash through it and end up next to him? Against the CPU it seemed to work pretty well, but only if it didn't do the feint, but I'm not entirely sure how the feint works to be honest (ie. if it's done after the original charge or whatever). Or, is there something he can reliably do if you dash through the main part of hammerfall?

My favorite thing to do is to Undertow at it (depending on when he hammerfalls of course). Depending on when you do Undertow, if Pot FRC's Hammerfall and tries to do anything he'll eat a CH. At worst generally he'll FRC and try to block it, which gives you the upper hand (and gives Pot a chunk of guard-bar if he didn't FD it). Also... DOT ^_^ If Pot HFs into a DOT, it's more or less your round. I think a perfectly timed BBU will beat out Hammerfall as well, but... It's not terribly reliable =/

Hmm well I guess spamming was a bad word but I did fight a pot that was using it a lot when I was being offensive. Since a lot of slayer's stuff is 1 hit pokes, he was using it to go through my pressure / spacing. Sometimes with the cancel into pot buster. I think 6K might be bad in pressure strings, like if you do 5K 6K, he can back dash out of that pretty easy for a pot buster. I guess DOT would be a good answer and I imagine if you do it from the far side of the screen up close, he can't even punish it cept maybe with slide head. I think I try to be too offensive against pot x_x

Sign in to follow this