Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Circuitous

Continuum Shift SPECULATION/THEORIES

If you have no proof, post it here. Actual confirmed storyline information goes in the other thread. Flat-out stupid posts will be deleted and their posters infracted.

Do not fuck this up again.

The Takamagahara(I think I'm way off) were the ones who sent Rachel to watch over the world correct?

Could there actually be more like Rachel?

Didnt these guys free Terumi and give him his role aswell? I agree with your thinking, several people were given jobs by these guys. specifically Jubei and Saya.

My theory on this is that Rachel is just middle class compared to the Takamagahara and if these people got involved in the fight everything would be over in a second, so they decided "Hey let's send all of these people to their own fight, rather than wasting our valuable time." like Jubei's reason for not fighting in the battle that everybody is involved in.

Please correct me where I am flatly wrong. I'm just trying to piece together everything I know....

Okay.... so trying to wrap my head around how the whole Blazblue saga exists so correct me where I am wrong... note that this is all off of my rough CT memory and stuff I've read off the internet. I haven't played CS.

Because the Blazblue story loops (uhh... right?) I'm referring to the prior loop universe as Loop -1 and the current one Loop 0.

Loop -1.

-In this universe, "Noel" died during the Ikaruga war (in quotes because she never became a Vermillion) and as such Tsubaki worked with Jin and they had a loving relationship.

-It's possible that Jin in the Loop may have had a different character than Loop 0 Jin as he was in a loving relationship and seems more honorable/less emo. Perhaps Ragna was the crazy one during this loop further explaining why Hakumen is antagonistic to Ragna because he knows a Ragna of a different nature.

-With no Noel to stop Ragna/Nu from being pulled through the time gate, they do get pulled through and become the Black Beast.

-Presumably, Jin had a similar agenda to go after his brother went he went all fight the power and somehow was dragged back as well.

-Presumably, Terumi would be on hand for this event just as he was in Loop 0. It is said that the "Black Beast" was a failed experiment to create a Kusanagi. This is where I think "observer" powers come into play. Since part of the creation of the Black Beast requires that it is traveled back in time, it wouldn't really be a practical experiment. So my guess is that he is experimenting fourth dimensionally and so his prior self sees the past as the result of actions in the future.

Loop 0

-Ragna/Nu go all Black Beast on the world.

-Terumi seeing in the new loop that his plan has failed gathers the Six Heroes because if everything is destroyed there there won't be anything to kill god with. My guess here is that the observation point where he sees the Black Beast as a failed experiment is when he rejects the Susano Unit.

-Relius Clover helps him with that.

- At some point Terumi begins Plan "cannot possibly fail to kill God this time" involving Mu-12.

-Rachel offers Loop -1 Jin the Susano Unit after Terumi leaves the Susano Unit. She's apparently something like middle management and when Terumi went AWOL she picked up Jin as his replacement.

-Jubei, Nine, Hakumen, Terumi, Trinity, and Valkenhayn team up to beat down the Black Beast. Only Hakumen knows of the prior universe (presumably) aside from Terumi. Seeing as how Jubei seems to be "in the know" I'm guessing Hakumen told him about it.

-NOL is founded. Presumably, Terumi and Relius are a large figures in this. Hakumen is displeased.

-My guess is that Platina dies or something because she's now trapped in that little girl.

-I'm guessing Halkenhayn was only a hero because Rachel asked him to as opposed to actually caring on some personal level. So when the job was done he went back to serving tea and stuff.

-Ragna, Jin, and Saya all live in a church being taken care of by Nine's sister.

- My speculation here is that post defeat of the Black Beast, Ragna, Jin, and Saya were left. Why exactly Jin would be left when the Black Beast wasn't part of him, I do not know. But with the generational ties some of the character's have it seems mysterious that these are just a bunch of kids that were dumped in a church. They had to come from somewhere relevant and I don't think they are anyone in the stories kid. So I'm guessing pre-loop (i.e. before the universe started looping at all), they had a "proper existence" with like a family that they were born out of. But now all three of them exist with no precedent within that universe. I.e. Ragna was "born" when the Black Beast was defeated and eventually became the Black Beast who eventually became Ragna and it's a whole chicken-egg-race-thingy. Jin is the world's "antibody" so perhaps when the Black Beast was destroyed when Ragna was born and the beast power was cut in two (Ragna and Saya), Jin was created to seperate the two. Which makes sense since he is the middle child. The heroes (aside from Terumi) don't really know what the kids are so they put them up in a church with a family friend to keep look out.

-Terumi makes Jin go all crazy and burn the church nabbing Saya and cutting Jin's arm off. My guess is that this was phase one of "cannot possibly fail to kill god this time." Being that Jin was designed to be antagonistic to Ragna it makes sense that he could be easily cajoled/crazyified by Terumi. Since this time around he isn't looking to create the Beast he doesn't need Ragna (or it would make sense for him to steal them both) and Jin is unnecessary aside from going crazy.

-Terumi apparently also kills Kokonohoe's mother (Jubei's wife) Nine. Though my speculation is that that's a lie (Jubei just told her that to obscure the truth and still blame dickweed Terumi) and that Nine was always on Terumi's side since she is now his Phantom. No real evidence, but Nine is a witch and Terumi makes things in "Caldrons." Since Kokonohe is a scientist it puts her thematically against Nine so an actually conflict would be apt.

-I'm guessing at that's when Hakumen and Jubei are all like "oh damn, Terumi is a jerk!" and they throw down against him leading to a fight where Terumi tries to trap them in the boundary, but Jubei gets his ass out of there has to leave Hakumen trapped along side Terumi.... which I read somewhere on this site but can't recall which thread.

-Jubei survives realizes Ragna's importance and teaches him and gives him stuff. I'm guessing the imitation Blazblue that Ragna has is something Jubei jacked from Terumi when they were fighting earlier.

-Rachel turns Ragna into a half-vampire or daywalker or something.

-Jin and Saya are both eventually taken in by the Library.

-Saya clones are being made and she apparently becomes their ruler. I'm guessing that since she is the youngest of the three she is the least "human" which is why she is now all hard on ending the looping and creating a world that dies. I'm guessing Terumi created NOL with the idea that Saya would run it which is why she was able to rise to power so quickly. Finally, I'm guessing the clones were created to create solo-Black Beasts. The Black Beast is probably the only thing strong enough to kill god, but whenever it's made it travels back in time and gets beaten up by the Six Heroes. So i'm guessing the idea is to isolate the beast within her and make it so that it can become proper Black Beast i.e. a Kusanagi so as to avoid the whole travel-back-in-time-and-get-beaten-by-the-six-heroes thing.

-Jin is taken into the Kisaragi family as a means to monitor him since he is known to be the world's "antibody."

-Pre-Ikaruga Civil War

-Sometime before Arakune is created Terumi escapes the Boundary. I'm guessing he was released when the three anonymous god-like people who share his agenda decided that he'd be a good tool.

-Sometime after this but before the war I'm guessing this is when Arakune is created b/c he dabbled in the boundary. Before the war is based on the fact that Iron Tager doesn't seem to be anything more than a gopher for Kokonohoe, but I'm under the impression that he was more a scientist type before he became Ironified. After Terumi is release is based on the fact that him become Arakune is supposedly another one of Terumi's experiments in creating another Black Beast.

-Litchi also dabble with it, wants to save, Arakune, and so on and so forth.

-Ikaruga Civil War.

-There's that stuff about Bang's master. Dunno what's the deal with that.

-Jin is made a hero. I'm guessing that this is in an effort to control Jin.

-Noel, the 12th Murakumo Unit survives. And rather than going back to the lab or armory or whatever, they implant her within NOL. My guess is that it was an unintended survival (not that they wanted her destroyed but just she was presumed dead for awhile) but when the Vermillion's found her they decided to let it ride out. I'm guessing what allows her to fully tap into the Azure (or whatever) is in part due to the fact that she is whole person as opposed to something like Nu that is more a fractional being longing to be whole by combining with Ragna.

-Jin and Noel are placed with each other as to keep each other in check. Tsubaki is left in the cold and never knows true love or something.

-Tager is blown into not-quite smithereens and eventually rebuilt into Iron Tager.

-At some point afterwards Carl's sister is transformed into Nirvana and he goes all vigilante.

-At some point, Bang goes all "I wanna be a your hero" and crushes on Litchi.

-Nu-13 is probably abandoned since they are eyeing Noel as a success. Since in CT, it doesn't seem like they are particularly interested in her and she was more just lying in storage.

-Calamity Trigger.

-Ragna decides to go smash Caldrons. He never encounters a Murakomo since the program has been abandoned since Noel, but he doesn't realize this. I'm assuming this is the case because if he did, I would imagine any variation would want to do the whole merge-into-the-beast thing.

-Jin, Carl, Bang (? I forget), Arakune, Tao, and sorta Tager go after Ragna. Litchi goes after Arakune. Noel goes after Jin. Hakumen finally escapes and attempts to stand in the way of Ragna encountering Nu since he knows that that's how the Beast is born.

-Jin goes after Ragna because he's the anti-body and all.

-I'm guessing Noel is sent after Jin moreso to destroy Nu than to stop Jin. Jin is just leading the way there since he's going after Ragna which will unexpectedly lead them to Nu.

-They all fight and stuff and eventually Noel prevents the next loop from forming by stopping Ragna/Nu from going back in time.

-Terumi shows up to gloat. The loop is broken and now he can go into phase 2 of "cannot possibly fail to kill God this time." He fires the satellite laser at them since he doesn't need them anymore. I think that the used it during the Civil War which Noel survived, so I'm guessing they figured everybody but Noel would die this time too. But Rachel blocks the laser.

-Terumi sends Tsubaki to kill Jin (who he doesn't care about anymore, but is an unknown factor to him) and Noel (more just to mindscrew Noel) and also possibly as a nice f-you to Hakumen by sending his girl off to go get stopped around.

-Continuum Shift

-Near as I can tell the story until the end is basically, Terumi tries to make Noel go nuts, Noel does go nuts, but Ragna saves her when he is bonded with Lambda by breaking a tiara.

-Saya is revealed to be running NOL.

-Apparently, Terumi goes and kills those three god-like people or something and I'm not sure if it's phase 2 of his plan or his back up plan if the Noel-destroys-all plan failed, but he and his peeps go to Ikaruga. Perhaps something with her activation caused a change there that is important.

My assessment of Rachel's Joke ending, don't put too much weight on it since I can only go off what little I'm able to garner or assume from the scenario. I eagerly await someone to translate this ending though

Rachel finds Ragna eating with Platinum in the Orient Town Restaurant (Same one where they eat in Ragna's story). They talk for awhile and Rachel ends up calling Ragna a lolicon. Rachel says she has a present for Ragna and gives him these funky pink shades, then summons Valkenhyn (During this time Ragna seems like he's frozen in time or something, or at least oblivious to what's going on around him). Valkenhyn shows up, talks for a bit and then leaves. Ragna snaps back to reality.

Platinum immediately starts acting super freaky around Ragna, and seems to be switching between her Sena and Luna personalities (Pretty sure Luna fawns over him while Sena calls him a pervert). Ragna is flipping a shit at this point and is trying to figure out what Rachel did to him. Eventually (After much banter), Litchi, Kokonoe and Noel all bust into the restaurant looking for Ragna. Litchi says something to Ragna and you hear Bang screaming out in the background (Similar to the way he screams in Litchi's ending when Bang assumes she's in love w/ Ragna).

Kokonoe, Noel, and Litchi banter for a bit. Ragna responds to something Kokonoe says which prompts Litchi to hit him. Rachel is loving every second of this. More banter. Kokonoe starts reciting all of Ragna's specials in a comical manner in Ragna's voice (INFERNO DIVIDER!) (HELLSU FANGU!) (GAUNTLETO HADES!) (DEADTO SPIKU!). Noel freaks out after this (Maybe it was a sexual innuendo, I have no clue).

At this point Platinum re-enters the picture and says something, all three of the other girls (Litchi, Noel, and Kokonoe) yall at her at the same time. Ragna is still flipping a shit trying to figure out what is going on.

Glass shatters and Makoto, Nirvana and Lambda-11 burst into the restaurant. Makoto has the stereotypical glazed over eyes thing going on, Nirvana is silent, and Lambda-11 tries to speak in her broken Nu-13 voice. CG of Ragna being hugged and fawned over by all the women appears. Noel says something to (or about) Nirvana in a distressed voice, everyone ends up saying something about Noel in series (I'm guessing it's about her breasts, I mean, what else would she be freaking out about).

Jin now bursts into the restaurant. Rachel is surprised. Jin is raving mad (And using his NIIII~SAN!!! Voice at that). Rachel evacuates the restaurant as sounds of battle are heard in the background, Jin can be heard summoning Yukianesa. As she flees into the Orient Town screen an explosion can be seen to the left of her. Route ends with Rachel putting on a pair of glasses similar to the pair she gave Ragna.

My assessment of Rachel's Joke ending, don't put too much weight on it since I can only go off what little I'm able to garner or assume from the scenario. I eagerly await someone to translate this ending though

Rachel finds Ragna eating with Platinum in the Orient Town Restaurant (Same one where they eat in Ragna's story). They talk for awhile and Rachel ends up calling Ragna a lolicon. Rachel says she has a present for Ragna and gives him these funky pink shades, then summons Valkenhyn (During this time Ragna seems like he's frozen in time or something, or at least oblivious to what's going on around him). Valkenhyn shows up, talks for a bit and then leaves. Ragna snaps back to reality.

Platinum immediately starts acting super freaky around Ragna, and seems to be switching between her Sena and Luna personalities (Pretty sure Luna fawns over him while Sena calls him a pervert). Ragna is flipping a shit at this point and is trying to figure out what Rachel did to him. Eventually (After much banter), Litchi, Kokonoe and Noel all bust into the restaurant looking for Ragna. Litchi says something to Ragna and you hear Bang screaming out in the background (Similar to the way he screams in Litchi's ending when Bang assumes she's in love w/ Ragna).

Kokonoe, Noel, and Litchi banter for a bit. Ragna responds to something Kokonoe says which prompts Litchi to hit him. Rachel is loving every second of this. More banter. Kokonoe starts reciting all of Ragna's specials in a comical manner in Ragna's voice (INFERNO DIVIDER!) (HELLSU FANGU!) (GAUNTLETO HADES!) (DEADTO SPIKU!). Noel freaks out after this (Maybe it was a sexual innuendo, I have no clue).

At this point Platinum re-enters the picture and says something, all three of the other girls (Litchi, Noel, and Kokonoe) yall at her at the same time. Ragna is still flipping a shit trying to figure out what is going on.

Glass shatters and Makoto, Nirvana and Lambda-11 burst into the restaurant. Makoto has the stereotypical glazed over eyes thing going on, Nirvana is silent, and Lambda-11 tries to speak in her broken Nu-13 voice. CG of Ragna being hugged and fawned over by all the women appears. Noel says something to (or about) Nirvana in a distressed voice, everyone ends up saying something about Noel in series (I'm guessing it's about her breasts, I mean, what else would she be freaking out about).

Jin now bursts into the restaurant. Rachel is surprised. Jin is raving mad (And using his NIIII~SAN!!! Voice at that). Rachel evacuates the restaurant as sounds of battle are heard in the background, Jin can be heard summoning Yukianesa. As she flees into the Orient Town screen an explosion can be seen to the left of her. Route ends with Rachel putting on a pair of glasses similar to the pair she gave Ragna.

That was funny. I CAN NOT wait to play this game just to get this ending! I hope there are more like it.

Something to note, when Kokonoe recites Ragna's move names its reminiscent of the "GIGANTIC TAGER" from Teach me!

In other words it's actually a form of censorship and not really her reciting his move names.

In other words it's actually a form of censorship and not really her reciting his move names.

Probably this. In the Japanese version, instead of "GIGANTIC TAGER", the censor was "GAUNTLET HADES".

Probably this. In the Japanese version, instead of "GIGANTIC TAGER", the censor was "GAUNTLET HADES".

Really? in my version the Jap voices just say some really bizzare shit that sounds like a child being strangled.

Really? in my version the Jap voices just say some really bizzare shit that sounds like a child being strangled.

Ah, I meant CT Teach Me, Ms. Litchi. I don't know about CS.

Ah, I meant CT Teach Me, Ms. Litchi. I don't know about CS.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. In CT I swear they don't say Gauntlet hades.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. In CT I swear they don't say Gauntlet hades.

No, Nina's right. Though "Gauntlet Hades" is said in a rather comical manner that isn't used in battle and it cuts off before the "su".

No, Nina's right. Though "Gauntlet Hades" is said in a rather comical manner that isn't used in battle and it cuts off before the "su".

Comical and long. "GAANTOORETOOOH HAADE-"

I thought in the JP CT, they didn't censor it at all. I thought they censored Chipp Zanuff instead with Gauntlet Hades. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah it sounds like Ragna is yelling Gauntlet Hades from far away to censor.

Anyway just for the sake of being on topic. I actually don't think the Imperator is Saya

since Saya is generally how he refers to the clones/murakumo units.

I also think Ragna is the guy referred to as 'Bloodedge', mostly for the fact that i honestly don't believe that a

single person could put the Black Beast out for 1.5 years without being in some way control of if.

Also He is called Ragna the Bloodedge by Rachel soon after he gets his gear and Mu who does have the 'eye' or whatever does refer to him as Bloodedge in her ingame battle voice.

stuff

Have any theories on the Kaka clan's existence?

Litchi likes to watch over them and she was a part of Sector Seven who is controlled by Kokonoe. I'm assuming it was an experimental thing, however, Kokonoe hates her father, Jubei, so why do this at all?

Oh, and "Arakune is a colony of bacteria that formed that decided to join the tournament."

....Uh, what? Ragna isn't actually calling the Murakumo Units Saya, he's apologizing to her memory. The Imperator is most definitely Saya unless the next game spits out another tweest at us.

And Mu only calls him Bloodedge once, it's either the Black Beast or nightmare. It's just referring to his title, and unless reincarnation or more cloning (please no) is involved it's impossible for Ragna to be the Bloodedge Jubei knew.

im not saying he blatantly calls the murakumo's saya IE: saya1 saya2 im) just saying thats his initial reaction when he sees them take for example when he saw noel for the first time.

also the possibility of rag being the bloodedge jubei knew isnt that far fetched im thinking its probably like the case with jin, where in the first time loop he couldnt have been hakumen but in the subsequent iterations of the dark war he most certainly was haku. plus im thinking jubei had atleast some knowledge of the time loop cuz (id hate to go back to CT but) in CT's true story arc jubei came and told rag before he entered Kagatsuchi 'that this time would be dif.' its possible that he knew or atleast thought that rag had some sort of connection with the black beast other than his arm.That would make Ragna=Bloodedge alot more likely. Also someone as strong as 'Bloodedge' would atleast have some notoriety if was indeed that strong, as far as i know the only ppl that know of Bloodedge are the six heroes and rachel

"This time would be different" could've referred to this attempt at destroying a branch of the NOL. He had destroyed several branches up to that point.

Because they're her clones. But it's made pretty clear the Imperator is THE Saya. The fact that Ragna and Jin immediately realize it instead of going SAYAAA--oh wait you're not her, my bad sorry sorry or something is a pretty big tipoff.

Ragna being Bloodedge isn't possible even with timeloop shenanigans. If Bloodedge exists in every loop, but Ragna has become the Black Beast in every loop except the True End...well, you see something wrong here?