Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Circuitous

Continuum Shift SPECULATION/THEORIES

Yeh thats what i meant. i wasnt saying he knew the time loop would end with this go because then that would mean he knew the time loop completely even more so than rach or Haz. I meant that he knew that the destruction of the NOL branch in kagatsuchi was significant somehow.

edit: I dont see how they can be so sure that its saya when she looks just as much like saya as Nu dif eye and hair color.

I dont see whats the problem with ragna becoming the black beast in every loop. In fact if ragna doesnt become the black beast in every other loop besides the first then ur practically saying the dark war doesnt happen in some loops

Edit: I just realized what u mean Harmless Kitten. you believe i think bloodedge is ragna as an individual. Im actually saying that the man refered to as Bloodedge is the consciousness of ragna inside the Black Beast typical anime style. Thats the only way i could see anyone strong enough to decommission the black beast for 1.5 years but not strong enough to kill it. get me now?

also sry for the edits

I thought in the JP CT, they didn't censor it at all. I thought they censored Chipp Zanuff instead with Gauntlet Hades. Correct me if I'm wrong.

They still censored it with "Gauntlet Hades". That's why the English version was funnier.

Have any theories on the Kaka clan's existence?

Litchi likes to watch over them and she was a part of Sector Seven who is controlled by Kokonoe. I'm assuming it was an experimental thing, however, Kokonoe hates her father, Jubei, so why do this at all?

Oh, and "Arakune is a colony of bacteria that formed that decided to join the tournament."

It was said somewhere that they were created for the purpose of defeating the Black Beast. Iirc, that goes the same for beastmen. And the Kakas were engineered from Jubei's genes, etc etc...

Litchi knows of this.

Probably Kokonoe hates her father because he couldn't protect Nine and stuff. That's the only reason I can think of.

That review :v:

its possible that he knew or atleast thought that rag had some sort of connection with the black beast other than his arm.That would make Ragna=Bloodedge alot more likely.

In CS, he was asking Ragna if he remembers 'that time'. Although he could be referring to the time Terumi trolled him by kidnapping Saya, etc. But Ragna pretty much remembers a bit of this, even though the memory itself is a bit blurry. When Jubei asked him, Ragna did not have a clue what he was asking about. Jubei asks him a second time, and Ragna still doesn't understand. Then he says "So you really don't remember, huh..."

There was also Rachel's alternate ending where Ragna turns into the Black Beast. Jubei was there, and was the one who killed him. It's pretty much obvious that Jubei knew that Ragna was the Black Beast. We was already aware of this fact, and still trained him.

Also, Ragna is the human form of the Black Beast, iirc. If the Black Beast isn't killed, 'Ragna' wouldn't exist. And, Bloodedge is already dead. He died while stalling the Black Beast.

Why would you read a plot speculation thread if you don't to be spoiled?

NOWHERE in that thread topic does it say spoilers. I thought they were talking about theories and speculations. Not spoilers.

Oh my god, common sense, dude. If it's about Continuum Shift's story, it should be easy to assume that it's going to have spoilers.

Judging by the sound clips for Mu vs Jin, I guess End Bringer would be the official translation for Antibody?

Have any theories on the Kaka clan's existence?

Litchi likes to watch over them and she was a part of Sector Seven who is controlled by Kokonoe. I'm assuming it was an experimental thing, however, Kokonoe hates her father, Jubei, so why do this at all?

Oh, and "Arakune is a colony of bacteria that formed that decided to join the tournament."

Wild speculation... but my guess is that Nine and Jubei's marriage was actually a plot by Nine to... errmmm... "harvest" his DNA to isolate where he is getting his power from (in line with statements of him being the strongest warrior there is). The Kaka clan is a result of that and their constant numbers are a result of the process (something like they each hold a certain percentage of his power or something). When Terumi instigated his plot and brought Nine along, she decided to abandon the project. Jubei tells Kokonohoe (who doesn't have his father's power and as such was a disappointment in Nine's eyes in terms of being a vessel for Jubei's project and hence she made the Kaka's) that "Terumi killed your mother" sort of like Obi-Wan tells Luke "Darth Vader killed your Father" more so as a lie/metaphor than strictly being the truth. Kokonohoe looks to the Kaka's as a sort of misguided memory of her mother (they are happy and pleasant, so she erroneously attributes her mom with those characteristics).

Theory: The middle emblem in the end of BB:CS is obviously Saya's and she'll be playable next game.

I saw this over in the Specific Character Dialogue thread and was about to ask this there but then realized it would probably throw it off topic lol.

Not really Tsubaki but the Izaoyoi more specifically, which I imagine will play an important role later on.

It could be because the Izayoi was made specifically to counter the Azure but when he says that she belongs "on this side" (the same side as him?) makes me interested and curious. Is it her herself or her armagus that he's referring to since he says "you" and not the armagus. I know it doesn't have an answer but it's just a question I felt like asking haha.

EDIT: Here is what Arakune said for reference:

Versus Tsubaki

You're devoid of light...

Come...you belong on this side...

Ok, so I believe that Valk is going to be a werewolf. His theme song is titled "Howling Moon", his emblem has a wolf head in the design and on his new costume/clothes there is a button with a wolf head as well. What do you guys think?

Ok, so I believe that Valk is going to be a werewolf. His theme song is titled "Howling Moon", his emblem has a wolf head in the design and on his new costume/clothes there is a button with a wolf head as well. What do you guys think?

His drive is also called Lycanthropy which is werewolves. The question in my mind is will he play similar to J.Talbain

His drive is also called Lycanthropy which is werewolves. The question in my mind is will he play similar to J.Talbain

How do you know his drive is Lycanthropy?

I hope Valk doesn't play like Talbain or Slayer just to mess with everybody.

And wasn't the source used for Valk and Platinum's drive names not valid? We still don't know what their drive names are (although Lycanthropy and Angelica wouldn't be out of place), neither what they do.

I think the only fair gameplay style for Valk would be a variation based on Slayer. That is, he should hit hard, and with cool attitude. Although I wonder what gimmick exactly will he have, after all there already is Hakumen with "low number of hits - high damage" archetype.

I just hope Valk design won't be ruined by some missed gameplay mechanics like shapeshifting, having claws, or turning to monster (be it werewolf or anything else).

What i can't get out of my head is the image of Valkenhayn wielding razor sharp wire. I have no idea why.

I'm hoping he will have 2 forms, human and wolf. Human form will have different a,b and c's than wolf form. The player will use d to change form and maybe have a few input moves. Can you imagine having to change forms while in mid combo! It would be awesome! (Human form)5a, 6a, 6b, 2c, d(changes to wolf) 5c, 2c, jc, jc, jb...or something kinda like this. Drive will probably have a bar that will gradually degrade while in wolf form, or something like that.

That makes me wonder. Do we have anything to base the asumption that he in fact will be based on A.B.A., or it's just that she doesn't have her eqivalent in BB, so Valk = A.B.A. is just a popular theory?

Personally, I think that's not a bad idea, as long as he keeps his cool attitude during fight, and his "moroha mode" won't make him look silly.

I'm speculating that Valkenhayn's drive might not have anything to do with him being a werewolf. The picture that has fit the silhouettes from the magazine scan doesn't have him having any wolf like attributes, the only thing on him is the brooch with the wolfs head. Other than that, he looks like a butler with combat capabilities. I'm not saying that there wont be any werewolf transformations, but Valk's drive will be different.

Also, if Valk were to be released in september, it would be on whichever day/night has the Harvest Moon (nothing involving the game series).

What i can't get out of my head is the image of Valkenhayn wielding razor sharp wire. I have no idea why.

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab9/tfdemoman/Hellsing/HELLSING___Young_Walter_by_UltimateGemini82.jpg

Because he's voiced by Walter [from Hellsing], who used that very weapon?

Personally? I hope that Valk isn't a werewolf, perhaps just has a wolf-motif for his move-set. And that he regresses into his younger form when he fought the Black Beast, just before the battle starts.

That makes me wonder. Do we have anything to base the asumption that he in fact will be based on A.B.A., or it's just that she doesn't have her eqivalent in BB, so Valk = A.B.A. is just a popular theory?

Personally, I think that's not a bad idea, as long as he keeps his cool attitude during fight, and his "moroha mode" won't make him look silly.

I like that theory. I hope he keeps the cool attitude while in butler form, but when(if) he transforms he gains a feral type personality. Maybe more eager to cause harm to others or something along those lines...but not too crazy. I don't want a blatant A.B.A clone.

I'm speculating that Valkenhayn's drive might not have anything to do with him being a werewolf. The picture that has fit the silhouettes from the magazine scan doesn't have him having any wolf like attributes, the only thing on him is the brooch with the wolfs head. Other than that, he looks like a butler with combat capabilities. I'm not saying that there wont be any werewolf transformations, but Valk's drive will be different.

Also, if Valk were to be released in september, it would be on whichever day/night has the Harvest Moon (nothing involving the game series).

Hmm interesting point. At this point though he really is screaming werewolf. Look at his emblem, plus the name of his theme song is called "Howling Moon"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCWmzNI_0fU&feature=related

I don't know if that is the official name to be honest, though.

I knew I heard that voice somewhere before! Thanks.

As for Valk, I see him as bait and punish char with some quick escape moves, jumping dash, mid range, and drive that allows for some pressure or mixup. Maybe a drive consisting of range od short / mid / long range teleports? (with some inv frames, but nothing too overpowered, like a set of diffrent jump ins/outs a'la noel's assault through) the catch would be the need to precisely calculate the distance, so as not to get punished or something.

Also, I'd rather see him power up due to distortion, this game is install heavy already, why not have Valk install?