Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Circuitous

Continuum Shift SPECULATION/THEORIES

I knew I heard that voice somewhere before! Thanks.

As for Valk, I see him as bait and punish char with some quick escape moves, jumping dash, mid range, and drive that allows for some pressure or mixup. Maybe a drive consisting of range od short / mid / long range teleports? (with some inv frames, but nothing too overpowered, like a set of diffrent jump ins/outs a'la noel's assault through) the catch would be the need to precisely calculate the distance, so as not to get punished or something.

Also, I'd rather see him power up due to distortion, this game is install heavy already, why not have Valk install?

Dude, a Werewolf Install would be awesome!!! He could turn into a WW and gain special properties to attacks just like Sol. I would not mind that at all.

I dont think you quite get it. Mori has stated that all paths/stories of Lambda are filled with sadness and the search for emotion. She steps/finds the injured bug/monster and Makoto helps her cure it. The bug grows emotions and attaches itself to Lambda. Lambda, being the robot she is says she doesn't need a companion and that it is pointless. The bug continues to follow Lambda and reluctantly, Lambda grows a little fond of it and carries it around with it on her hand or shoulder in a pouch of tree leaves.

Once she gets back to Kokonoe's lab Lambda scans the entire room and notices "everything is as it should be." Basically she means there is nothing new and nothing has changed. She puts the leaf pouch with the bug sleeping inside it on Kokonoe's desk before leaving for her daily maintenance/memory wipe. While shes out Kokonoe is working at her desk reaching for her drink or papers or something and brushes the leaf pouch. Thinking its just a bundle of leaves she picks it up and dumps it into a trash-chute.

A while later Lambda comes back in from her maintenance/memory wipe and does her "office scan" again. She notices something is missing from Kokonoe's desk.

Kokonoe: "Hrmmm? Whats wrong Lambda?"

Lambda:

(with no emotion and brief moment of silence) ".............nothing. Nothing is wrong."

Brought a small tear to my eye

Man.

Lambda has been kinda a bummer so far storywise. :lol: Poor lamby. :(

Maybe when

Nu is back the next game we'll have awesome cold and occasionally psychotic robot back.

Man.

Lambda has been kinda a bummer so far storywise. :lol: Poor lamby. :(

Maybe when

Nu is back the next game we'll have awesome cold and occasionally psychotic robot back.

Given that

Hazama and Relius captured her and are making her ENTIRELY devoid of emotion to serve as the Sword of Izanagi

I severely doubt she'll act the same, and even moreso doubt she'll play the exact same.

Given that

Hazama and Relius captured her and are making her ENTIRELY devoid of emotion to serve as the Sword of Izanagi

I severely doubt she'll act the same, and even moreso doubt she'll play the exact same.

I'm sure she will be quite different. The biggest thing I know right now is people are wondering if there is going to be a Lambda/Nu style character in the next game due to certain True End spoilers I wont post here. I really don't want to have to re-learn my main 3 times in a row.

Eh.

We're used to it.

Though I'm not sure about the not play the same. They nearly got her balance perfect this time. I'd just want a few more buffs, but nothing too game changing.

Eh.

We're used to it.

Though I'm not sure about the not play the same. They nearly got her balance perfect this time. I'd just want a few more buffs, but nothing too game changing.

Oh, I can guarantee you that her movelist will change at least slightly. Being honest, fighting Lambda is MUCH more tolerable in this game than Nu in the previous.

Okay... so I think that Arakune CAN be cured. And the cure is simple.

It's Bang.

In his story, Trinity tells him about how his Nox can sever ties to the Boundary.

It's said in one story (Lambda's maybe? I forget...) that Kokonoe thought he was already absorbed by the Boundary but that maybe he still has a form.

Thus, the good guy way would be Litchi learning of Bang's power, he thinks it over and then decides to help his rival in love since it's what a 'Man of Ikaruga' would do, and Bang would be able to sever all of Arakune's ties to the Boundary, thus leaving him back into his normal human state. Now if that would affect his mind at all (would he stay insane? Keep the knowledge?) I have no clue.

...This is assuming Litchi doesn't find another way now that she's... you know.

I know this was brought up before, and that the presence of the Black Beast causes some trouble, but is it possible Ragna is the "Bloodedge" Jubei mentions? I mainly think there might be something to it since Ragna basically says the exact same line that Jubei told him about the Bloodedge fighting as a human being when he gave him Bloodedge's sword and jacket, when Ragna was fighting Terumi. Seems like he's growing into being the "Bloodedge" that Jubei knew or something.

I know this was brought up before, and that the presence of the Black Beast causes some trouble, but is it possible Ragna is the "Bloodedge" Jubei mentions? I mainly think there might be something to it since Ragna basically says the exact same line that Jubei told him about the Bloodedge fighting as a human being when he gave him Bloodedge's sword and jacket, when Ragna was fighting Terumi. Seems like he's growing into being the "Bloodedge" that Jubei knew or something.

I assumed Ragna is the reincarnation of Bloodedge.

Plus,

Platinum THE TRINITY has Trinity's soul...(in her weapon, yes, but it's technically still there)

Ragna THE BLOODEDGE has Bloodedge's...?

Also, is anybody else getting vibes that the Azure is the source of all souls or something? Especially how Terumi is like yeah I created the Azure Grimoire to gather the energy of the Azure (paraphrased, okay) and forge the sword that could kill Amaterasu. But the Azure Grimoire gathers souls. Thus, souls = foundational energy of the Azure?

Oh yeah, and the prime fields only gained souls after contacting the Azure.

with Ragna becoming luke skywalker/darth vader (lazer deflecting and all) and Jin learning from Juubei to control his power(or w/e), it looks like the next game will have some rather large changes.... atleast in story.

honestly though, I was expecting Jin to learn things from hakumen not Juubei.... since... yeah...

I assumed Ragna is the reincarnation of Bloodedge.

Plus,

Platinum THE TRINITY has Trinity's soul...(in her weapon, yes, but it's technically still there)

Ragna THE BLOODEDGE has Bloodedge's...?

Also, is anybody else getting vibes that the Azure is the source of all souls or something? Especially how Terumi is like yeah I created the Azure Grimoire to gather the energy of the Azure (paraphrased, okay) and forge the sword that could kill Amaterasu. But the Azure Grimoire gathers souls. Thus, souls = foundational energy of the Azure?

Oh yeah, and the prime fields only gained souls after contacting the Azure.

Ah you're right, he does also say he's not sure who's soul he even really has.

Then there's the fact that the Black Beast (I think) ate Bloodedge. And if Ragna's a reincarnation of the Black Beast... maybe the souls of those that he killed and Bloodedge carried over as well? :|a

If those souls are carried over that's a lot. Iirc, the Beast killed roughly half of the world's population at the time, although there's no telling whether it ate all of them (doubtful, imo).

What's really funny if that theory is true, then the Black Beast, with Ragna's soul sleeping inside it, ate Bloodedge, who is a previous incarnation of Ragna. So that means Ragna is eating....Ragna. (That's about the truest definition of cannibalism I've ever seen.) Maybe that's what put the Beast in a period of inactivity for a while, the whole ERROR ERROR DOES NOT COMPUTE same soul crap.

I thought the "I don't know whose soul dwells within me" (dunno the actual line) was more metaphor than anything else, but who knows? And anybody willing to bet that the three siblings were originally created as prime fields? For some reason I like considering them Zeta, Eta, and Theta, even though that leaves a gap for Iota and Kappa...

They're deffinently prime fields, harmless Kitten. That'd be crazy if you could play as Jin or Ragna in that form. Its so obvious they are :l oh. And as if anyone hasn't said this already, Phantom has to be Nine.

Generalizing a theory from this post

Takahamagara wants to kill Amaterasu because it gives them complete control over destiny.

Then what distorted it in the first place? The day mankind went into the boundary and found the first Eye? In fact, there could've been more than one eye to the point that MAYBE someone confirmed Noel's existence. I don't believe she survived because of too many timeloops, at least not anymore.

However, with Takahamagara's 'destruction' the continuum shift is over, Everything is back into a stable timeline. So everything is normal now, and since everything ended at a specific time, place and event (as far as the continuum shift and Takahamagara's control goes) that event (the true end) is perceived the sameway by everyone. In addition, now that the continuum shift is over, and the timeline is stable, everything in the future will be perceived the same by all as well.

Are you kidding me? You said whoever takes Takamagahara's power has absolute control now. What makes you think the world is stable now? Sure, it would mean Saya can make use of it, to the point that if so much as any of her plan fails, she can determine the possibility of such a foil to never occur(?)

So I just beat the True Ending, and I get rewarded with an epic mindfuck.

I'm still trying to piece together what just happened with Saya and all...

Right now, I want to know this:

How the hell could Saya possibly be the Imperator? Was that the whole reason Terumi kidnapped her, so he could make her the Imperator and all?

...Actually, now I think of it, how do you become the Imperator to begin with? Saya seems to be the only Imperator in the NOL's history, so something was up.

And Saya gave Jin the Yukianesa...now what confuses me is, Jin hated Saya to begin with, and then Jin went along with Terumi after he chopped off Ragna's arm.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is, I thought Terumi gave Jin the Yukianesa, so why would Saya have the Yukianesa to begin with, or that Jin would accept anything from Saya, knowing how much he apparently hates her?

How the hell could Saya possibly be the Imperator? Was that the whole reason Terumi kidnapped her, so he could make her the Imperator and all?

...Actually, now I think of it, how do you become the Imperator to begin with? Saya seems to be the only Imperator in the NOL's history, so something was up.

And Saya gave Jin the Yukianesa...now what confuses me is, Jin hated Saya to begin with, and then Jin went along with Terumi after he chopped off Ragna's arm.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is, I thought Terumi gave Jin the Yukianesa, so why would Saya have the Yukianesa to begin with, or that Jin would accept anything from Saya, knowing how much he apparently hates her?

Maybe Saya was a demented evil individual and Jin saw that which is part of why he hated Ragna for spending so much time with her. Or when she got sick, it made her nuts/evil and when Terumi saw that, he wanted her.

As for how she gave him the sword, she could've given it to someone to give to him or placed it somewhere he'd find it. I actually thought of the latter when I found out Saya gave Jin Yukianesa.

Generalizing a theory from this post

Then what distorted it in the first place? The day mankind went into the boundary and found the first Eye? In fact, there could've been more than one eye to the point that MAYBE someone confirmed Noel's existence. I don't believe she survived because of too many timeloops, at least not anymore.

Are you kidding me? You said whoever takes Takamagahara's power has absolute control now. What makes you think the world is stable now? Sure, it would mean Saya can make use of it, to the point that if so much as any of her plan fails, she can determine the possibility of such a foil to never occur(?)

I dont exactly understand your first question, but as for the second one:

Saya wants a 'world of death' where events are permanent. No timeloops, no do overs, no continuum shifts. Thats one of the reasons why takahamagara's power was taken.

So the popular theory is that Phanton = Nine, but Nine is known for using Magic. Phantom uses Sorcery. Sorcery is different from Magic in the BB universe. iirc, Sorcery > Magic > Ars Magus, so Phantom should be more powerful than Nine.

Then again, nothing was stopping Nine from possibly learning it when she defected? Meh.

For your first question, it is strongly implied in the CS True End that Saya is now acting as Terumi's observer, which may be the reason why Terumi grabbed her in the first place. See, thanks to getting thrown into the Boundary with Hakumen, Terumi needs an "observer" in order to, well, exist. Up until the final part of the True End, Takamaharaga and Noel were acting as his observers. Remember that bit in the True End where Terumi is taking out Takamaharaga and the T's are questioning him doing so, since without Takamaharaga or Noel, he can't exist? Terumi responds that he has that handled, and TA says "Oh God, you awakened her?" I am fairly certain that the her refers to Saya. This is the reason why Terumi is actually obedient when it comes to Saya. He needs her help in order to exist.

As for the exact circumstances about how Saya became Imperator, that's confusing to me as well. Keep in mind, however, that Terumi has been working on his goals through multiple timelines, and was working on his plans even before the NOL existed. It would make sense that he would have maintained a certain amount of control within the NOL, maybe enough to help make Saya the Imperator. It still remains to be seen why Saya would accept the position, however.

JUST FIGURED SOMETHING OUT!

Hakumen couldnot have been the jin from CT.

Why?

In Hakumens story in CS he is having reservations about 9 creating ars magus, saying he does not know how such a device could work if it draws energy from the black beasts seither. He thinks it might cause everyone to go mad.

This is a parodox in a big way, maybe even a plot hole?

Why?

Because Hakumen-Jin was still part of the NOL. Tsubaki was his Secretary instead of noel.

Soooooooo The NOL should not have existed in Hakumens original timeline (when he was jin), because there were no ars magus, if there were ars magus from the timeline he came from, he would not have reservations or be wary of it, and he would certainly know how the tech worked.