Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Circuitous

Continuum Shift SPECULATION/THEORIES

The Nox was never stated as belonging to Tenjou despite it being called " Rettenjou ".

The heirloom Bang received from Tenjou was that 55 inch nail that he carries on his back.

hey for all we know, the nail could very well be the Rettenjou, it was never explicitly mentioned otherwise, so it's still a valid speculation :)

...........I stand corrected.... she needs figure out how to actually shoot forward though.

think of it this way, her guns use seith bullets that allow them to detonate a point in space that her gun's barrel is pointing at, even if there are surfaces between her guns and the target point in space. And for moves like 2D and such, she is just detonating a point right in front of the barrel.

Not sure if this is the accurate description of how it works, but it sorta explains more or less until we have an actual full explanation :eng101:

You know. When I'm bored at work I like to peruse this here thread... And it's really not so much a CS Speculation/Theory thread, it's more of a:

"WHY ALL THE LITCHI HATE?" -> "SHE'S AWESOME! I LOVE HER!" -> "SHE'S A BAD/GOOD PERSON" -> "Discussing other characters bad/goodness" -> "Someone bringing up litchi all throughout" ->"WHY ALL THE LITCHI HATE!" -> ETC. (I mean I guess you could always argue that you are trying to speculate on why all the Litchi hate)

How about this... "Why all the Boobie Lady love?!"

I can't stand that Boobie Lady. >< Even less so now, since the BIGGEST THING THAT APPEARS TO HAVE HAPPENED IS HER DO EXACTLY WHAT YOU KNEW SHE WOULD DO, according to over 60% of this thread(At least)

Now then, what ever happened to seeing Tao's face in CS. Also Kokonoe is the shit.

That's kinda blowing things outta proportion, we were all having a pretty calm conversation about it. Not sure why it was annoying people.

The reason people like Litchi is because she's arguably the deepest character in the game, both gameplay wise and as a character. Also, her joining the NOL was a huge plot twist, I didn't see it coming anyway. Nothing hinted to it. *shrug* I don't understand people.

And yes, Kokonoe is cool.

That's kinda blowing things outta proportion, we were all having a pretty calm conversation about it. Not sure why it was annoying people.

The reason people like Litchi is because she's arguably the deepest character in the game, both gameplay wise and as a character. Also, her joining the NOL was a huge plot twist, I didn't see it coming anyway. Nothing hinted to it. *shrug* I don't understand people.

people are annoyed because she's a minor character that most people don't give a fuc-.... a shit about.

she's not very deep.... she's feels guilty for turning some guy into a monster and in her attempts to help him she's dying.... honestly I had WTF moment at her faceheelturn, since she's such an insignificant character that I was surprised they even bothered to have her involved at all in the story.

kokonut's a bitch /salt

It just occured me this...

We know how Ada is like when she's alive according to Carl. But... what about Ignis? I would surmise that when she turned into Relius' puppet, Carl is probably an infant thus doesn't remember much... What if what he remembered about Ignis turns out to be WRONG and Ignis might be revealed to be just as bad as Relius?

@smooshy: I thought it's established that I'm not triggering all that because "OMG SHES TRYING TO MAKE HERSELF SIGNIFICANT! STAY INSIGNIFICANT!". But more like, "I THOUGHT YOU'RE A GOOD GUY!?". But then again, that kind of debate should've stopped.

We know how Ada is like when she's alive according to Carl. But... what about Ignis? I would surmise that when she turned into Relius' puppet, Carl is probably an infant thus doesn't remember much... What if what he remembered about Ignis turns out to be WRONG and Ignis might be revealed to be just as bad as Relius?

It's hard to say, as we don't know the timeline of Relius's actions. Obviously, he puppetized Ada two years before CT and disappeared. However, it doesn't say when Ignis had her turn, when Relius gave Terumi his body, or when he created Nu. Even if Ignis was as bad as Relius, remember that she IS one of his victims, so he's still worse AFAIK.

people are annoyed because she's a minor character that most people don't give a fuc-.... a shit about.

she's not very deep.... she's feels guilty for turning some guy into a monster and in her attempts to help him she's dying.... honestly I had WTF moment at her faceheelturn, since she's such an insignificant character that I was surprised they even bothered to have her involved at all in the story.

kokonut's a bitch /salt

She's not insignificant, especially now that she's in the NOL.

Really, no character is insignificant in the plot anymore. They are all the 'chosen ones' after all.

And yes, Litchi is pretty deep. She has a detailed backstory, she puts on a cover of a normal doctor, but has so much to her. She also has the most options available to her in gameplay.

Though you can make the argument that no one in this game is *amazingly deep*, I wouldn't have much to say to that. I'm just saying Litchi is one of the deepest characters in this game.

Buuut I'll drop it, I don't wanna upset anyone over something this silly. :P

still waiting for Jin become more siginificant.... he's had like 7 seconds of character developement, spent the last 2 games getting his ass kicked (this game while still halfdead), and his entire "importance" is just informed ability, it's getting sad to see him become the least important main character ever.

still waiting for Jin become more siginificant.... he's had like 7 seconds of character developement, spent the last 2 games getting his ass kicked (this game while still halfdead), and his entire "importance" is just informed ability, it's getting sad to see him become the least important main character ever.

I thought he was pretty awesome this game. I actually began to genuinely like him as a character.

@ smooshman: There are already 2 of Jin (Jin and Haku). More spotlight is overkill.

Ragna is a bigger question mark right now. We still don't know why he attacked NOL, how he came to conclude that NOL was responsible for what happened to him, what he suspected about Saya, or even the trivial thing such as how did he earn money for his journey anyway.

BTW, how old is Ragna and Jin? I always assumed that Ragna was around 23 or 24 and Jin was around 21. But in Ragna's flashback, he looked like 15 and in Tsubaki's flashback, Jin looked like 10. This makes Ragna 23 and Jin 18 (Jin is waay to young)

yes i was completely serious, we still don't know much about litchi after 2 games, like what she did to lotte carmine (or what she failed to do to help) or what's going through her head. with bang it's ' i must find the lord and kill the nol -insert movie laugh and stupid reference-' and tsubaki's only worried about what the imperator liberarious wants at this point and will do whatever she wants. we got her past, present, and speculated future all in 1 game.

I thought he was pretty awesome this game. I actually began to genuinely like him as a character.

still felt like he was sidelined, especially when you consider he's the rival.... he's important in name only, also making you fight with no sword and no drive doesn't exactly make him come off as awesome

@ smooshman: There are already 2 of Jin (Jin and Haku). More spotlight is overkill.

there's been like 5 Saya's....... he's in the spotlight in the same way that water is in every scene of water world.

yes i was completely serious, we still don't know much about litchi after 2 games, like what she did to lotte carmine (or what she failed to do to help) or what's going through her head. with bang it's ' i must find the lord and kill the nol -insert movie laugh and stupid reference-' and tsubaki's only worried about what the imperator liberarious wants at this point and will do whatever she wants. we got her past, present, and speculated future all in 1 game.

You are right. We don't know much about Litchi's background. I just personally don't define character as "deep" just because they are mysterious. Litchi is all about one single thing, that is saving Arakune. I personally don't find it deep. But then, I guess it's just the difference in opinion.

still felt like he was sidelined, especially when you consider he's the rival.... he's important in name only, also making you fight with no sword and no drive doesn't exactly make him come off as awesome

there's been like 5 Saya's....... he's in the spotlight in the same way that water is in every scene of water world.

I don't want Jin to be like Saya et al., hogging every spotlight like pests. I am disappointed as well, but I think you should not set your expectations too high, as long as Ragna is the main char, I doubt that Jin will do much in true end.

she's not deep, but she's deeper than 'lol i'm a ninja imma save this guy and kill these people and laugh' and deeper than 'omg omg omg the imperator told me to do something ima go kill my friends!'

ok maybe that's a little harsh on tsubaki =p i'm just saying they've already told us everything about her

Guys, if this turns into a pissing contest of LOL MY FAVORITE CHARACTER IS DEEPER THAN YOURS I will loathe all of you with with the power of ten million supernova suns.

Hakumen says Rachel is much like himself and requires an observer. Bets on who her observer is, it can't be Takamagahara since they're kind of occupied.

Hm, there's something disturbing that got into my mind.

A lot believed that Relius uses Arakune as a leverage to Litchi. But I always thought that there is another purpose, and it makes sense. Look at it: Everyone will be going to Ikaruga. And if not left like that, Arakune will probably be stuck in Kagutsuchi, and the NOL would look like they're totally lying if they promised Litchi that they have the cure and will help in curing him. So probably, Relius just caught Arakune so they can take him to Ikaruga and make their deal look sensible, rather than hostage situation. Probably they will use the hostage situation, but rather than doing it for the lulz, NOL might have done it out of necessity. Something like this: "Look, you want him to be cured, we have to put him in here, if he's not here, how are we going to cure him? Be thankful, okay?"

P.S: Okay, that's enough of it. Anyone who wants to complain about how I derailed the topic, just take it to PM with me! I know this and the Storyline Question topic was once one and it got split. Hopefully, there won't be any splits thanks to this. (Or alternatively, someone should make a debate topic, though I don't know if it's a good way)

Guys, if this turns into a pissing contest of LOL MY FAVORITE CHARACTER IS DEEPER THAN YOURS I will loathe all of you with with the power of ten million supernova suns.

Shouldn't be hard because the characters aren't really that deep if you really think about it >.>

Mysterious =/= Deep imo

Deep and Blazblue shouldn't be in the same sentence together.

Unless it's comparing them both to puddles.

And I'd actually really like to see Relius do something to Arakune that has nothing to do with Litchi. Maybe he wants to make cute little Aradolls. Or capitalize on Kokonoe's success with Prettykunes. Or for a serious response, just tinker with Ara since he's very much a creature of the Boundary and that probably appeals to Relius' sense as a scientist if not as an artist.

Unless it's comparing them both to puddles.

And I'd actually really like to see Relius do something to Arakune that has nothing to do with Litchi. Maybe he wants to make cute little Aradolls. Or capitalize on Kokonoe's success with Prettykunes. Or for a serious response, just tinker with Ara since he's very much a creature of the Boundary and that probably appeals to Relius' sense as a scientist if not as an artist.

If I get bored later I'll make a comic about it.