Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Circuitous

Continuum Shift STORYLINE INFORMATION

So did Makoto and Platinum get their stories summarized yet? By the description Makoto, Relius and Platinum have some awesome joke endings.

Almost forgot a rough summary of Plat's story. It starts out with an audio-only flashback to when Trinity was still around.

It has Kazuma in it.

After that it starts the story regularly: Plat goes around trying to find Bang and Hakumen and stuff. Some new things in there include a reunion with Jubei where Luna gets jealous and attacks Litchi. After beating her Jubei scolds her and she cries, but Litchi comforts her. She also has an encounter with Relius (OH NOES). Her true ending has her traveling with Bang to Ikaruga.

Her alt path has her get lost and fight Carl instead. After fighting Carl, Hazama enters and trolls her, making Trinity come out, whereupon she gets trolled even more. The path ends with Platinum tied up in Ouroboros chains as Hazama leaves her for dead.

Last ninja'ery of the night.

Platinum Joke Arc: She forms an alliance with Rachel, Noel, Carl, and Arakune, in a parody of Madoka and other magical girl shows. The antagonist of the show is Litchi, known as the Boing Queen. Her servants are Tsubaki, Makoto, Taokaka, and Ragna. Relius cameos as a Tuxedo Mask-style character.

Well, clearly you haven't watched Madoka. I think you mean Sailor Moon parody from the way you describe.

Almost forgot a rough summary of Plat's story. It starts out with an audio-only flashback to when Trinity was still around.

It has Kazuma in it.

Totally spazzed when you said that.

And then those were the lines straight from the book. Right before Kazuma blows Trinity off to unconsciousness.

It has Kazuma in it.

After that it starts the story regularly: Plat goes around trying to find Bang and Hakumen and stuff. Some new things in there include a reunion with Jubei where Luna gets jealous and attacks Litchi. After beating her Jubei scolds her and she cries, but Litchi comforts her. She also has an encounter with Relius (OH NOES). Her true ending has her traveling with Bang to Ikaruga.

Her alt path has her get lost and fight Carl instead. After fighting Carl, Hazama enters and trolls her, making Trinity come out, whereupon she gets trolled even more. The path ends with Platinum tied up in Ouroboros chains as Hazama leaves her for dead.

I've gotten a look at her bad ending in story mode on the stream and I've gotta say that Hazama came a little out of nowhere there. To be honest I've gotten a little tired of him being the main cause of trolling and bad endings. Relius' trolling is like a breath of fresh air.

Hey I'm hoping someone who owns Extend can answer this question. I know Extend only has the canon storyline for CT, but does it contain the complete story that was in CS1?

I'm thinking of trading in BBCS and wasn't sure if Extend cut out anything from the story mode.

Yep it got everything the story mode has in CS1 + DLC characters

So pretty much identical save for the ending cutscene when you finish true end

*I'm keeping my copy of BBCS1, so there's some fun when walking through reminiscing lane, much like how I still have my copy of CT :P

Erh, didn't Gonzo also make that sequence? When I saw it, first thing that came to my mind was Samurai Seven's loltastic animation.

But if all lol story sequences were remade by another (actually GOOD) animation studio, then I'm not complaining. I want to see how Lamdy's

death ;_;

looks now.

The new cutscene for the true end and any cutscenes from Calamity Trigger Reconstruction are from Production IG. Every other cutscene is still GONZO quality. Confirmed on Kurushii's stream.

Question was there truly a change in the Imperator's VA, or is it just a re-recording?

Because her voice in truth end of CSEX is different from CS1 and her VA's been listed as Yukina, but in CS1 it wasn't

I'm pretty much convinced that in CS1 Saya's voice was being done by Kondou, but I'm not sure

*Yeah sorry it's not story related, but this is the closest thread I can ask >__>

Yeah in CS1 it was Kondou and in EX it is Yukana. The reason for this is probably because they added the Imperator during the final months or so of story drafting, and they were in a hurry so they just told Kondou to do some lines for her since she's the template of the Murakumo units, and she ended up sounding exactly like Mu.

Now, they actually had time to flesh out the Imperator by giving her a new voice (Yukana), because obviously Saya is older now. Now she sounds like a more evil version of C.C., just like how her English VA is also C.C. (Kate Higgins, also does Torakaka).

Oh ok, just making sure

And lol need to remember it's Yukana, not Yukina (been rewatching Yu Yu Hakusho out of boredom ^^; )

And yeah I prefer Yukana as the new Imperator, gave me shivers when she spoke

Kate Higgins probably won't be Saya/Imperator in the next game, considering she's gone full union so using her would cost Aksys more money and would also mean they'd have to recast a few other characters because of union restrictions.

You know, that might be why they switched the VAs for a bunch of characters when CS2 came out.

Except they didn't. It was a a rushjob. Noel had her correct voice in the EX story, but she was voiced by not one but 2 different from normal VAs in arcade mode (Laura Bailey for regular Noel, Julie Ann Taylor for Mu). Also, Bang's new battle dialogue with Platinum was still Tony Oliver, but his voice for the cutscenes in Platinum's arcade mode was Steve Kramer. And finally, in each and every new arcade mode, Hazama was still voiced by Jack Bauer (the voice actor, not the guy from 24) but for whatever reason the extended arcade ending featured him with the voice of Spike Spencer.

And if they truly recast people back then, they would've re-recorded every single line for them.

Can someone point me to Kurushii's video where he covers Platinum's and Relius' story modes? I can only find Makoto's and Valkenhayn's on there.

If it is, I don't see it.

From what I've seen:

Day One of Story mode contains: Calamity Trigger and challenge mode (Part 1) (Part 2 isn't listed, 3 is next) a few old CS character stories and Makoto's story in part 4

Day Two is a few more old character stories, True end and Valkenhayn's story but cuts off at the end of his gag reel.

The next videos I can see in his list are Relius Experiments.

Wait, wait. I thought Hazama was voiced by Doug Erholtz? Or did I miss out on something?

Quaxor: It's in Part 2 and 3. c:

Wait, wait. I thought Hazama was voiced by Doug Erholtz? Or did I miss out on something?

Quaxor: It's in Part 2 and 3. c:

Yes he did but in Extend the quotes he has Vs Relius are MOSTLY voiced by Spike Spencer like "Colonel Relius That's gotta hurt" or "getting kinda turned on ain't ya Colonel?" but then there's one quote "what are we doing?" (said if Hazama and Relius just stand there and do nothing) which sounds like Doug again.

It's retarded because Doug is doing lines then Spike Spencer is doing others, a shame cause I liked using the dub but using different voice actors is ruining it for me.

If it wasn't for Relius, Valkenhayn and Tager's good dubs I'd probably swap over :U