trag

Site Feedback/Suggestions

I was meaning to ask what does the server upgrade bring? what new stuff are we gonna see? is it a list or something?

you'll be able to mash f5 without breaking the game for one

Hey super mod/admins, not to rip on SRK (though this idea is inspired by it), but it would be a damn good idea to include a "nominate as an article" function for comprehensive and damn good helpful guides.

I like how theres the button @ the top to get to the guides.

that's always been there, just not in that exact spot.

don't mean to put anyone down, but i don't think I like the new design D: the old one was great :D the new one is kinda confoozling ;-; nyeh who am I kidding I have to get used to it

Lurk more, it's temporary.

Hey super mod/admins, not to rip on SRK (though this idea is inspired by it), but it would be a damn good idea to include a "nominate as an article" function for comprehensive and damn good helpful guides.

Actually, it's been here the whole time. Just only staff can see it.

How about implementing it on a user base?

At least implement permissions to use it?

nah. if you want to write an article tho, feel free to write one up and send it to our editor bjholmes. i should make an announcement/article about htat

I see, that sounds reasonable.

The article thing was a surprise to me~ Glad to see something like this on DL. Very exciting :D

I'm going to have to suggest/ask/request/beg for an article only RSS feed now. Right now hitting RSS compiles all forum posts, which is quite messy/nasty for a feed reader. I'm personally very reliant on my feed reader for keeping up with my favorite sites and would definitely like to the see the articles with this functionality ^_^

The "Fourms" link on the main page should link to the forums, not to the articles section. Shouldn't have to click twice to see them.

The front page should just be replaced by the Articles section, like on SRK. You can link to the guides from there.

Also, is there an option to disable embedded Youtubes? If not, it needs adding in a hurry.

Also, I see upgrading the forums software has caused the site to do the same shit where like on SRK where it tries to multi-post messages repeatedly when you submit via Quick Reply. Oh vBulletin, what won't you break~~~

i'll add a simple redirect for now. I dunno if there's a disable embed youtube but i'll look into it (yes i've seen your guy's thread, quite a disaster).

I just tested the rss feed in google reader and it seemed to only give articles. The feed is unnamed tho so that will need fixing.

Also, I see upgrading the forums software has caused the site to do the same shit where like on SRK where it tries to multi-post messages repeatedly when you submit via Quick Reply. Oh vBulletin, what won't you break~~~

Personally, this happened to me a lot before the upgrade.

I typed out this entire post and hit the back button on my mouse by accident. Dammit.

Anyway gonna keep it short. I used to have a PHP forum so I'd be glad to help out in any way.

We have PS3/360 Gamertag in the profile as a custom profile field.

To add it to the side of posts (the postbit) like how we used to have it

Get the field identifier first for the custom profile fields from

Admin CP > User Profile Fields > User Profile Field Manager

Then go to

Admin CP > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Postbit Templates > postbit

then add, for instance, where 'fieldID' is the field identifier:

<if condition="$post['fieldID1']">

PSN: $post[fieldID1]

</if>

<if condition="$post['fieldID2']">

360: $post[fieldID2]

</if>

Every time I click on a link to the article bursting damned if you do damned if you don't in new posts, it tells me I don't have permission to access it. Is this redirecting to the wrong spot or something?

Mu boards are closed until july when Mu is Playable. They moved the discussion of Mu fights into there for I don't know the reason, especially since a second Mu fight hit public.

But Yeah, Mu forums are closed until CS launches.