trag

Site Feedback/Suggestions

We used to have a nice Fireseal favicon. Then it just sorta disappeared.

Yaaay Baiken style :D <3 I'd say make a bridget one, but it'd probably look close to the Ky style!

Here shtkn, this is what I'm talking about. Look at the bar at the top left. Same version of vB, should be relatively easy.

yes i knew what you were talking about, and im trying to get something similar up

I was wondering if it would be plausible for a tech section for the forums? Like for stick moding and etc, but I'm not much of a techie so I can't say I would use it. Just an idea for organization purposes.

SRK already has a very good tech forum with a much larger pool of knowledgeable people.

maybe it's just me, but I seem to have run into a small bug where, after logging in (and even getting the "thank you for logging in" screen), the screen will reload the forum page, and I'll see the forum icons activated according to my "last thread read" history -- but at the top of the forum page, it'll have the "username: ; password: " text fields empty; the "please register to use the forums and read the FAQ" message will show up; i won't be able to see the Staff Forum; and i won't get any pop-ups informing me of new PMs. only after i open a subforum and leave the main forum page, then come back, will things display correctly.

maybe if someone with access to the forum code (and with enough spare time) can figure out what's going on, that'd be nice. otherwise, i guess there's not much we can do, but at least I'd like to let it be known that this issue exists.

maybe it's just me, but I seem to have run into a small bug where, after logging in (and even getting the "thank you for logging in" screen), the screen will reload the forum page, and I'll see the forum icons activated according to my "last thread read" history -- but at the top of the forum page, it'll have the "username: ; password: " text fields empty; the "please register to use the forums and read the FAQ" message will show up; i won't be able to see the Staff Forum; and i won't get any pop-ups informing me of new PMs. only after i open a subforum and leave the main forum page, then come back, will things display correctly.

maybe if someone with access to the forum code (and with enough spare time) can figure out what's going on, that'd be nice. otherwise, i guess there's not much we can do, but at least I'd like to let it be known that this issue exists.

This happens to me too, and everytime I go to Dustloop, it says that I'm not signed in and the User Name and Password fields are empty, whenever I go to a thread it goes back to normal.

Also, can we have GG-forums/characters on top? I'm tired of scrolling down each time I visit :D

After all! This used to be a GG forum! ( no flaming intended~)

This discussion was veering from the topic of the "Listen Up." thread Circ made to clarify the rules, and it's related to the site, so this seemed like the right place to move it. If it belongs in its own thread rather than here, please move it.

Dustloop isn't about a " General Discuission " type of deal though, you're here for Dustloop or BlazBlue in some shape or form. Not to talk about the BP oil spill or things like that. We've had 2 or 3 BBG Discussions and they've all ended horribly. Either there's trolling, just stupidly off topic things or just ignorance.

If a new Discussion thread were made, and it could be handled maturely then awesome -- more power to the thread. But before that happens, BBG itself needs to shape up and stop being a bunch of dumbasses ( not any of you, I'm just saying y'know? ) to show we can handle a Discussion thread without it getting locked.

I concur with this man right here.

People tend to forget that first and foremost, Dustloop is a community for competitive BB/GG players to announce tournaments/meet-ups , discuss gameplay strategies , and just overall build a stronger community. If you want "general discussion" I hear that SRK has one of those threads that you can talk about random shit.

If Dustloop is purely for the things you list, we shouldn't have Beginner Mode, Zepp Museum, Misc Fighter Central, or the Guilty Room either, unless discussion about things other than competitive play makes the community stronger. If it does, then general discussion can be good for the community, and BB General should stay, or we should get a general purpose OT forum.

In the end, it's up to the mods, not random community members to decide which works better for Dustloop, of course.

just to set the record straight. SSMugen is correct. our primary purpose at dustloop is centered on competitive play and the community that surrounds it. It is inevitable that ppl discuss fandom however so rather than let it pollute the gameplay discussion, we try and split it out so it doesn't interfere as much as possible.

I know that Dustloop's primary purpose is to exist for the competitive community - I wasn't trying to dispute that at all. It's just that his point seemed to be that nothing other than gameplay discussion has any place on Dustloop currently, which is contradicted by the existence of BBG, BM, ZM, MFC and GR. The moderation team, yourself included, could very easily remove all posts on every topic but competitive play (plus related subforums) and issue bans for off-topic posting. Of course, that would probably hurt Dustloop's traffic quite a bit, but it would solve the problem.

It might be worth clarifying that I'm not trying to ask for an off-topic forum. It would be counterproductive. The current non-gameplay forums (in particular BBG) come with just the same set of issues as a pure Off-Topic section though.

Personally, I'd say BBG deserves one last chance, as the older non-gameplay subforums prove that non-gameplay discussion can happen without devolving into idiocy, but if we can't handle it, it would be better for it to just go.

If you've noticed though, usually it's one or two people who start it, and then the rest of us who follow it through.

So if we do our part, we can narrow down the causes to easily identifiable ones.

If you've noticed though, usually it's one or two people who start it, and then the rest of us who follow it through.

So if we do our part, we can narrow down the causes to easily identifiable ones.

This is true. I know a lot of people (myself included) have issues not flaming people for making utterly retarded posts, and people do tend to hop on the bandwagon as soon as that becomes an option. Since many of the aforementioned retarded posts are made by new members, one way to prevent this would be to block accounts under a certain age (1-3 months?) from posting in the general forums.

Then these newcomers wouldn't be able to ask questions in Beginner Guide, or ask for help in the character forums. The moment we decide to group all new members together as "troublemakers" is when we divide an already divided community.

Instead of putting stupid posts or guys who make them on blast, we need to steer them in the right direction and answer their questions as best we can.

Then these newcomers wouldn't be able to ask questions in Beginner Guide, or ask for help in the character forums. The moment we decide to group all new members together as "troublemakers" is when we divide an already divided community.

Note that I said "in the general forums." Newcomers would still be fully able to ask questions in Beginner's Mode and gameplay related forums. Just no BB General / Zepp / Guilty Room.

So you want to get rid of BlazBlue General, Zepp Musuem and the Guilty Room? I'm a tad confused.

What I'm trying to say is "block new members from posting in BBG (and possibly also Zepp Museum / Guilty Room) for <time period deemed long enough to tell if they're idiots or not> after registering". Don't block them from posting in gameplay related forums.

I think he's saying that only certain users(those who've been a while) would be allowed to post on those three, with the newcomers being restricted.

Right. The restriction would wear off after a while - it just needs to be long enough to separate idiots from people who genuinely want to be part of the community. It could be by post count, but I dislike that idea since it caters to spamming in every thread you can find.

I think he's saying that only certain users(those who've been a while) would be allowed to post on those three, with the newcomers being restricted.

EDIT: Ah ninja'd. Only thing is a lot of times the derailment is done by users who have been here a while as well, usually due to someone getting salty or chain replies to an derailing post(see yesterday's incident).

just destroy BB general...that place have been given too many second chances.