trag

Site Feedback/Suggestions

argh stupid random logout-

Quick version of what I wanted to post:

- if Trag wants to close/lock a thread, why can't he do it himself?

He has a life.

- if Jamie Austin isn't the one behind that decision, then maybe the mods need to be more upfront about what's going on because not everybody can see your hidden chatter.

I gave the reason for the close in my last post in those respective threads, they did not belong there. Whether or not it was my decision to close the threads is of no consequence. I do not answer to you, nor do I have to run every decision I make by you first.

- I at the very least don't care about blaming people or whatever, just waiting to see if there's going to be a place to talk other games or not. I'll even try to be civil and cooperate and stuff, provided there isn't a grounds to not act that way.

"She's annoying as hell and like you said, too spastic and triggerhappy to be a good supermod/admin, even if she's done some good stuff for DL, she lets way too much slip by and does retarded things too"

Thank you for your approval<333

My life consists of constantly working. But I have a life lol. is it possible to just drop this. It isnt going anywhere and im getting older just by reading this shit.

argh stupid random logout-

Quick version of what I wanted to post:

- if Trag wants to close/lock a thread, why can't he do it himself?

- if Jamie Austin isn't the one behind that decision, then maybe the mods need to be more upfront about what's going on because not everybody can see your hidden chatter.

- I at the very least don't care about blaming people or whatever, just waiting to see if there's going to be a place to talk other games or not. I'll even try to be civil and cooperate and stuff, provided there isn't a grounds to not act that way.

I'm the admin. I set up who is a moderator. A moderator moderates. The Admin administrates. It's pretty straightforward.

Jamie came to me asking what we should do about it. I told her that I didn't want the site to become stretched out and try to cover more than GG and GG-related games. Otherwise, it runs the possibility of ending up like GCC (which was just spam after spam and no one even attempting to focus on GG at all).

I don't really see people being cooperative. I see people hating on Jamie over a few threads regardless of how much work she has put into the site since becoming a supermod. We have tossed the idea around of another forum (or just making the Doujin forum the MISC-GAMES forum)... but when everything done is received with some form of contempt, it's really not very motivational.

He has a life.

Re-re my post.

Jamie came to me asking what we should do about it. I told her that I didn't want the site to become stretched out and try to cover more than GG and GG-related games. Otherwise, it runs the possibility of ending up like GCC (which was just spam after spam and no one even attempting to focus on GG at all).

As I said in my deleted post:

There is nothing wrong with adding a few more games here and there. In fact, romancancel.com was the first site to actually get an official Guilty Gear info site going for the American community.

For you, to tell us to goto another site for other games is like people telling us, "Goto Romancancel.com for guilty gear info" (just like how you told us to goto different sites for gaming info).

Not to mention, you guys are actually deleting post to prevent most of the GG community to have there words spoken out on this sisuation, even tho its just a few people. Because lets face it, this site is almost turning out like another GCC, and if problems like this continues this site will turn out into another GCC.

Another section for other fighting games would be nice, I'd really like to see a new thread pop up just for other games. The KoF and Alpha topics were great, and in no way did they need to be closed down.

And so what if they were not Doujin Fighter games?

If I had the time, I can actually go around dustloop.com and point out what topics don't belong in each forum (espcially in the Zepp Museum). And yet, nothing has been done about those topics? And don't give me that "I have a life" excuse. Everyone here has a life, everyone here has a job or something to do, everyone here is busy espcially with summer out and about so there is nothing you can say to insult the guilty gear community in general as if why problems like this have risen.

I would point out that having a wide range of games covered has nothing to do with how spammy the boards are. How spammy a board is is based on how much the forums organize and set rules, and then how well those rules are followed/enforced. Most of DL does a pretty good job on this, the only forums I can't stand to even look at are the Match Finder (because nobody follows any rules in there).

As long as a subforum can stay organized and on topic, I don't see the problem with giving room for more games to be discussed. Now whether you want to keep DL as a forum specifically focused on GG or not is a question to ask, but you aren't inherently making the forum more spammy by supporting more games.

Re-re my post.

As I said in my deleted post:

There is nothing wrong with adding a few more games here and there. In fact, romancancel.com was the first site to actually get an official Guilty Gear info site going for the American community.

Uh... wrong? GCC was around long before RC was. In fact, skuld and FatCat (among others) were helping with all of the translations and frame data for both XX and #R (before RC came about).

For you, to tell us to goto another site for other games is like people telling us, "Goto Romancancel.com for guilty gear info" (just like how you told us to goto different sites for gaming info).

If that's how you feel, then leave. You obviously just want a forum for something other than GG seeing as you get your GG info somewhere else.

Not to mention, you guys are actually deleting post to prevent most of the GG community to have there words spoken out on this sisuation, even tho its just a few people. Because lets face it, this site is almost turning out like another GCC, and if problems like this continues this site will turn out into another GCC.

It's not turning out like GCC at all. My goal is to prevent that from happening, which is why things are being controlled more than before. The reason GCC went south is because the regulars stopped respecting the site and the people working for it, and if that starts to become the case (like I sense), then those people can leave (or they will be forced to leave).

Another section for other fighting games would be nice, I'd really like to see a new thread pop up just for other games. The KoF and Alpha topics were great, and in no way did they need to be closed down.

If I had the time, I can actually go around dustloop.com and point out what topics don't belong in each forum (espcially in the Zepp Museum). And yet, nothing has been done about those topics?

Please do. Sounds like the job of a good moderator, which we can always use more of.

Hmm.. You know, I agree with PozerWolf being mod of the Zepp Museum. I believe he'd do a great job. He spends a lot of his time there for some reason lol.

The forum for topics about misc fighters and especially doujin games like Melty Blood, Eternal Fighter Zero, and others.

Yes, it does sound a bit wrong. :P I'd go with including rather than especially...but of course, if you want to further promote doujin fighters... :)

Uh... wrong? GCC was around long before RC was. In fact, skuld and FatCat (among others) were helping with all of the translations and frame data for both XX and #R (before RC came about).

Ermm... thats actually what I ment.

Sorry if you mis-read my post.

If that's how you feel, then leave. You obviously just want a forum for something other than GG seeing as you get your GG info somewhere else.

This is really bugging me.

I never exactly said I, myself, was getting my GG info anywhere. Actually, the only time I actually get any kind of info is thru my friends.

The only reason I won't leave is because most of my friends post here. And as long as they are posting here, then I'm staying as well. It has seriously came to the point that Dustloop.com isn't much of a site to get some info, but rather to communicate with my other friends who post here.

Please do. Sounds like the job of a good moderator, which we can always use more of.

I kind of chuckle from the irony of that post.

But if you seriously think that your actually doing a good job setting up this site and thinking that just because you have the power, and you don't need to look at us for info or answer, then whatever. Like I said before, you perty much preventing the community from speaking at all. But if this is what you really want, then I guess.........

Ermm... thats actually what I ment.

Sorry if you mis-read my post.

"In fact, romancancel.com was the first site to actually get an official Guilty Gear info site going for the American community."

?

I took that to mean: "...romancancel.com was the first site to actually get an official Guilty info site going for the American community."

I don't see how I misread it.

The only reason I won't leave is because most of my friends post here. And as long as they are posting here, then I'm staying as well. It has seriously came to the point that Dustloop.com isn't much of a site to get some info, but rather to communicate with my other friends who post here.

Maybe you and your friends should get a myspace account. Since you don't get any info here, or contribute, this site obviously isn't for you.

But if you seriously think that your actually doing a good job setting up this site and thinking that just because you have the power, and you don't need to look at us for info or answer, then whatever.

You have become the typical anti-establishment "member" that every forum ends up getting. You can't stand the forum or the management, yet you can't stop yourself from posting. The good news is, I can help make that decision for you if you aren't going to contribute anything but negativity.

Like I said before, you perty much preventing the community from speaking at all. But if this is what you really want, then I guess.........

I havn't prevented anyone from speaking. I set up a site feedback forum so people could voice their opinions. You can try to reinterperet my actions to benefit your oh-so-important humanitarian motives, but it's not going to change the fact that you are part of the problem and not the solution.

Congratulations.

EDIT: Whatever, do as you please. I won't say anything more, I really just stop caring.

It is your site, do what you want.

My question is...why aren't there mods for every Forum...Match Finder needs to be cleaned up...there isn't a Mod for it...and GB states that peoples don't follow rules...that can easily change...Speakin of it, change is what needs to happen...DL seems somewhat settle with whats going on...now that jumpin on Jamie Austin is over...maybe we can get this site lookin a lot better and user friendly to us and noobs...

I hear people cryin Mod...but are you ready to take the job...its about coming here, to provide info...make friends, and expand a game community thats very limited...with that said...I think Pozerwolf should mod Zepp since he has an idea on whats goes down in there...If no one is up for Match Finder...I'll be glad to take it and turn it around...I just believe there should be a mod for every forum we got...its alot more effective...

~1~

Re-read what you said in your 2nd paragraph: you (seemingly) contradict yourself in your 3rd "sentence" and your last two "sentences".

"its not about bein on DL everyday of every month...its about coming here, to provide info..."

"and i mean people who are here... not somebody who logs in every 90 days..."

So on the one hand, it sounds like you are saying it doesn't matter how often a moderator shows up, as long as they make informative posts and keep things in line.

On the other hand, it sounds like you want someone to show up and be a "regular", not "somebody who logs in every 90 days".

The logic does not compute; hence, contradiction =><=

Please note that I only point this out to clarify what you were saying in your post, not because I'm picking on you.

You right...that was a contradiction...

What I'm sayin is that if your want to mod...then of course you should be here to give info and keep things in line...but how is that possible if a mod is never around to do that...

Moreso than the mods thing, I am bothered by the fact that no work has been done on the site itself. No front page, we've still got the same issues with the vBulletin that haven't been fixed, still got those dumb Chipp icons on the side. I still think the colors are kinda ugly too, but maybe that's just me.

I can understand that Trag himself doesn't have the time/knowhow to deal with that stuff, but he should get someone who does to be around to work on the site and make changes and improvements.

And yes I do agree we need more active mods modding the forums that need help.

Moreso than the mods thing, I am bothered by the fact that no work has been done on the site itself. No front page, we've still got the same issues with the vBulletin that haven't been fixed, still got those dumb Chipp icons on the side. I still think the colors are kinda ugly too, but maybe that's just me.

The color scheme for this site is horrendous, but for some reason its alot easier on my eyes then most forums. As for other work on the site, everything is fine IMO, aside from random server drops that seem to happen ever couple of hours or so.

And yes I do agree we need more active mods modding the forums that need help.

You say that, but yet upon anyone asking to be a mod you go "no" like you make the decision or something. I asked to be a mod of the Match Finder/Event Announcement forums, because thoe are the two forums I read the most, and you went "no" like the descision was up to you, without even saying why. Pozer would probably do a fine job for the Zepp Museuem, mainly because he actually READS it and sees all the spam that flies around in there that you people complain of, yet nobody seems wants to do anything about.

Dont look at someone's posting history as a choice for mod, look at what what type of character they are and judge from that.

What work needs to be done on the site? Why do we need a front page? Nothing wrong with Chipp icons... not my fault you hate him. The colors work fine. They aren't standard but the site is very easy to read. I have yet to receive a single message from you with suggestions... just additional bitching. Not the way to get things changed.

I can understand that Trag himself doesn't have the time/knowhow to deal with that stuff, but he should get someone who does to be around to work on the site and make changes and improvements.

Which is why I have promoted Jamie to supermod. Like I said, she has done a lot of work both visible and behind the scenes to clean up the site in the last week.

You promoted Jamie to Supermod...So whats good on gettin some active mods started on the forums...there is alot of us that are aware of the current problems and we plan to do something about them...we just need the ability to do so...

Personally I don't care at all about the appearance of the site or the front page, the chipp icons or whatever, makes no difference really. Modding is so much easier here then it was at gcc so I have no problems with anything here really. There are a few minor inconveniences but nothing I have a problem with.

Imo the site is fine as it is no real work needs to be done at all. It's very simple and easy to use..a new skin would be nice but again it really makes no difference.

ou promoted Jamie to Supermod...So whats good on gettin some active mods started on the forums...there is alot of us that are aware of the current problems and we plan to do something about them...we just need the ability to do so...

We have active mods on the forum, several. There's no need for a match maker mod either.

Why don't you tell us what these problems are instead of being so vague? Right now the sites being kept better than it has ever been. So please inform us at what these problems your referring to are.