trag

Site Feedback/Suggestions

i was wondering, that now with the new year, is the site going to do anything special for the 10th Anniversary of Guilty Gear?

(May 14, 1998 was the JP release of GG1 on the PS1)

hey guys thats in 3 weeks from now :vbang:

This has probably been said before, but I think a seperate section for tournament Hype & Aftermath would be cool (see Tekken Zaibatsu for an example of what I mean).

I think we need a count down... Like a clock.

Hell, I think we need two count-downs.

1 for SBO and another for Blaz~Bleu~.

I have no idea how to do this btw, BUT, we could get some nice skins for it from our lovely Zepp museum section. Raises hand*

I don't know if this is normal or not.......but during roughly about 8AM-1PM GMT -4, I receive HUGE problems loading the site. It either takes about 3 minutes to load, or it times out, most of the time its the latter. I'm lucky I even got here........

Yeah but I'm concerned it will probably rape the server worse than it already is. We could probably run one external to Dustloop though, as long as whoever did it actually did a good job with it.

Wikia?

I think this could make match finding easier...

if you have the time...you could make it so that you have each state have it's own universal board and in there possibly have sub topics....possibly....but I feel if each state has it's own board/sub topic ow whatever it can help stream line things. other than that I think the site is dooing pretty well. Also....with all this info why not go to Wikipedia.com and make a wikia and

kinda put a stap on the page saying created by the members of Dustloop?

anyway those are my thoughts.

later.

JerEzESin

I think this could make match finding easier...

if you have the time...you could make it so that you have each state have it's own universal board and in there possibly have sub topics....possibly....but I feel if each state has it's own board/sub topic ow whatever it can help stream line things. other than that I think the site is dooing pretty well. Also....with all this info why not go to Wikipedia.com and make a wikia and

kinda put a stap on the page saying created by the members of Dustloop?

anyway those are my thoughts.

later.

JerEzESin

I think that's kind of unnecessary. The threads in the Match Finder work just fine.

I forget, was there a reason we never got anything organized on the SRK wiki?

I think we should really input into the GG wiki, it'll show our dedication. I'll definitely help if we can get something going.

pardon the shameless plug in here, but i think that if anyone wants to make a ggac wiki (which i think is a great idea), we should avoid piggybacking on srk and create a wiki on our own site the same way vfdc did.

if you look at their vf5 section, it's comparable in size and content to the entirety of the srk wiki (which ironically, includes their rather pathetic entry for vf5). and if you count the info they have on vf1-4e as well, then apply that at least twofold.

you might be thinking "the only reason the vfdc wiki kicks so much ass is because they only have to focus on one game/series". and that, is exactly the reason why hosting a wiki here is a much better idea than using srk's.:eng101:

imagine that same kind of resource here at dustloop. there's already a basic strategy/techniques section along with (accurate) frame data- add that to character specifics (which could be handled by the current mods of their respective boards) and organize it in a similar fashion to vfdc and you have a definitive, community centric wiki.

i know it's extra bandwidth, extra webserver space and extra work, but if you're serious about making a good wiki that people can turn to, this is the way to do it. even the wiki entries for the games the majority of srk members play (3s, marvel, st) are pretty shitty and could use a lot of work, so why even think of using their substandard system?

How about a tracker for names? When someone writes a name, an alert would be sent to that person.

What? lol

SNIP

3 month late reply, but what he said does make a lot of sense. Maybe it could help build the scene and getting more players by making our information much more accessible.

re: wiki

I'm looking into using Wikia to host wiki functionality.

There already exists a guilty-gear.wikia.com (no activity, though).

I was considering getting a blazblue.wikia.com going, to distill the BlazBlue forum, but I started thinking that maybe dustloop.wikia.com would be a better idea -- basically offload all of dustloop's wiki needs onto Wikia?

Thoughts? A unified dustloop.wikia.com, or bounce between blazblue.wikia.com and guilty-gear.wikia.com?

dustloop wikia sounds great, because unless something terribly dramatic happens, then it doesn't look like Dustloop won't be the mecca for both games.

yeah dustloop wiki sounds pretty good

though i'd personally prefer the thing hosted on DL's server proper rather than outsource it, but hey its no big deal

Even though BB has its own forum, any chance that it may get it's own category for a more organized and depth discussion on it?

We plan on it. Just not yet. This is something Kugler has been pushing for months.