trag

Site Feedback/Suggestions

you're confusing teh character page (the one with pictures, combos, strats), with the pure frame data page. look at all the other on that page and you will see the difference.

our terumi mod should copy the frame data to the incomplete page... i'll have to get on his case about it.

Hey, just want to start a couple of threads for discussions, videos, and whatnot in the Potemkin Xrd forums, but it is locked to normal members. Anyway way to turn it off?

circ said he changed it so everyone can create threads in the xrd section earlier today. let me know if you're still having problems.

This site should implement an IRC server. I think this would be more efficient and effective for chat than the on-site chat.

This site should implement an IRC server. I think this would be more efficient and effective for chat than the on-site chat.

#dustloop is on efnet, but i don't think it gets much activity sadly...

Can someone sticky/pin the Xrd match finder thread?

Speaking of being pedantic, Elphelt is the only character in the Xrd section who doesn't have her last name.  My OCD kills me.

Both of these done.

strange, I tried it earlier today and it was working fine. Did it give you any other info? an error code or something?

the chat room has max size of 50 people, so i doubt that was the issue. the chat server is hosted by Invisionpower (the people who wrote the forum software), maybe their servers had a hiccup?

I would highly recommend implementing an IRC chat instead of using a web client. IRC is just more elegant and effective in my opinion.

I would highly recommend implementing an IRC chat instead of using a web client. IRC is just more elegant and effective in my opinion.

you've made this suggestion before and as stated, #dustloop on efnet already exists. if you're recommending something else, please clarify as i don't know much about managing an irc channel.

Suggestion: a 'Mark all read' button for the whole forum, when you're in the general index. I'd use it. :)

move your mouse over the icon on the left

you've made this suggestion before and as stated, #dustloop on efnet already exists. if you're recommending something else, please clarify as i don't know much about managing an irc channel.

I think maybe he means integrated the channel as an IRC chatbox on the dustloop site itself. Maybe it can replace the old chat and integrate the IRC channel as well as the old chat into one unified chat. You can still connect to the #dustloop IRC channel via client or website, effectively removing the segregation between the two.

#dustloop is on efnet, but i don't think it gets much activity sadly...

Then we should really tell people about it so they use it. And if that's there I see no need for the on-site chat.

The "On-site" chat (IP.Chat to be more specific) is better and easy to use as well. It also avoids that people impersonate other people (IRC you can just choose any name) and being integrated to the forum means you can easily get in contact with whoever you meet in the chat. Not to mention that the interface is better.

It's hard to see a reason to use IRC instead of IP.Chat, imo.

The "On-site" chat (IP.Chat to be more specific) is better and easy to use as well. It also avoids that people impersonate other people (IRC you can just choose any name) and being integrated to the forum means you can easily get in contact with whoever you meet in the chat. Not to mention that the interface is better.

It's hard to see a reason to use IRC instead of IP.Chat, imo.

IRC is really easy to use. Also, you can do something where you can require users to use the same username as their site username, and give them an individual IRC key so that no impersonations happen. 

Also, you guys should add a "go to most recent read post" function.

Also, you guys should add a "go to most recent read post" function.

go to most recent post already exists. click the time on the right to go to the latest post. this also works from the forum index

post-1-0-04525600-1425504555_thumb.png

this probably could be it's own button, but that will take some time for me to implement

click the black down arrow in the middle to preview the thread.

post-1-0-47366700-1425504626_thumb.png

I don't suppose there's any chance of getting an Off-topic sub-forum?  As far as I can tell Dustloop is the only large-ish fighting game site that doesn't have an Off-topic/General Discussion sub-forum.  For reference SRK, HomingCancel, TestYourMight and FreeStepDodge all have such forums.

I don't suppose there's any chance of getting an Off-topic sub-forum?  As far as I can tell Dustloop is the only large-ish fighting game site that doesn't have an Off-topic/General Discussion sub-forum.  For reference SRK, HomingCancel, TestYourMight and FreeStepDodge all have such forums.

All of those forums are cluttered with ignorance. Plus the ignorance inevitably spills over into other sections. Do you really want to see a flood of "Sol is stupid! Nerf Please!" threads?

All of those forums are cluttered with ignorance. Plus the ignorance inevitably spills over into other sections. Do you really want to see a flood of "Sol is stupid! Nerf Please!" threads?

There's certainly some ignorance everywhere.  The spilling over to other sections only happens if it's allowed to happen.  I also don't care if there's a flood of soon to be deleted threads if it means that the community is more active overall and more engaged.  All of the forums I've listed with the exception of HomingCancel (and this comes with a big 'duh' with regards to SRK) are way more active than Dustloop.  If there isn't a new game coming out, a new version of an existing game or a loketest going on then this place is dead.  Maybe I want to talk about something but I don't want to have to go to another forum to talk about because the people I want to talk about it with are here.  It also wouldn't hurt if there was a dedicated 'Tech' forum as last I checked there where a number of "What arcade stick should I buy?" or "I play on pad should I switch to stick?"  type topics >1 because they're tucked into various different forums when there really only needs to be one of each.

EDIT: For perspective I've been here for ~6 years and I have fewer than 200 posts because there is nothing to talk about.

Edited by Nobus3r1

What about implementing the @User plug-in? I also run an IPB based forum and it's a pretty nice feature because it lets anyone mention any user in the posts, pretty useful for calling someone to discuss or clear up things without sending a personal message. Pretty much like what people do on Twitter.

It's a nice and easy to implement plug-in!

i definitely wanted this feature a while back and read they were adding that feature to ipboard4.0.

i wasn't aware there was a plugin for 3.x, can you link me to it? 

edit: Mentions implemented @Tong