trag

Site Feedback/Suggestions

What happen with the forum width?, is extremely narrow now. In the main forum page we have the "upcoming events" and other stuff on the right but when you enter a particular forum, that stuff disappears and the forum itself is very narrow.

I see the forum is not using the full width on my monitor, for 1080p I get a big part of the screen on the left and right, basically full of nothing.

I'm messing around with the display stuff... I thought I saw that problem briefly, but thought I fixed it. Can you confirm it still happens after clearing your cache?

It's still an issue on both my FF and Chrome, as well. For some reason, I also have this header that says "[8/3/15, 9:46:29 PM] Dawn Hosie:".

Edited by Tari

wow haha how did that get in there? fixed. Do you still get the blank column?

Still getting the messed up width, if that's the question. It does look like there's supposed to be a column there.

I have a problem with Chrome to; I don't have any access to Dustloop. Not even the wiki works for me.

It says:

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /forums/index.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Any idea for a solution? It don't have any problems on other sites, the browser is up to date and already cleared the cache.

This is kind of miscellaneous but I haven't been able to get tapatalk working with dustloop at all. 

Edit: two things I've noticed since then are the character subforum's links being extremely messed up on mobile (squashed together and on top of each other) and the link to the English Xrd video database being inaccessible because the server stopped responding.

Edited by Corbenik

Dunno if this was mentioned before, but it seems like you can't see Upcoming Events on the front page if you aren't logged in?

dl1.JPG

dl2.JPG

Rachel Video Thread main match up links compiled together for each character has gone missing and there is no data present in the post it used to be in. Same issues are with the combo thread and I'm just guessing tables work different again.

Anyway, good job I kept a back up.

Edited by gamester

I have a problem with Chrome to; I don't have any access to Dustloop. Not even the wiki works for me.

It says:

Hidden Content

Any idea for a solution? It don't have any problems on other sites, the browser is up to date and already cleared the cache.

I was having the same problem, what I did was delete all the cookies related to dustloop.com and that fixed it. 

Rachel Video Thread main match up links compiled together for each character has gone missing and there is no data present in the post it used to be in. Same issues are with the combo thread and I'm just guessing tables work different again.

Anyway, good job I kept a back up.

I noticed that earlier, too. I actually breathed a sigh of relief after remembering you had backups of those.

The forum update has actually broken quite a number of the video threads in each character subforum, as well a some of the other threads. Not sure why it simply erased all the information, rather than breaking the formatting (which would have been a pain to fix, but at least would have preserved the text).

Always keep back ups when anything like this forum up date goes ahead. Best to be safe than sorry :)

I've also got back ups from the stuff that are not even my threads just in case.

Also all Links that are present on DL link to Blank Page so bye bye to finding some of the older combo videos and matches in the archives from CT and CS ;_;

Didn't notice that, but it's true that the links are all pointing back to their own pages. That will screw with a lot of threads and posts. Even links that were left as their full URLs are pointing to nowhere, now.

I was having the same problem, what I did was delete all the cookies related to dustloop.com and that fixed it. 

Thank you, that helped!

Not very important, but has this forum version an option for signatures?

Didn't notice that, but it's true that the links are all pointing back to their own pages. That will screw with a lot of threads and posts. Even links that were left as their full URLs are pointing to nowhere, now.

Hooray, we nuked the video threads :v:.... The archives are not completely useless if the videos were posted in their URL form, so they are copy and pasteable.

However, if they were embed into something else, the only way to retrieve them is via Google Cache, and again, not only video links are affected but every one, which was posted prior the update, is corrupted now.

Concerning the video links, it looks like recent ones are still salvageable if they were timestamped.
Copy/pasting an exampe from the Elphelt video thread to show some weird changes:

:CHP:

:CHP:

Collapsed: vs Chipp Zanuff 

About the video links:

If it wasn't timestamped WITH the

[u r l="link"]"Name" [/u r l],
It will link to the page it was posted on.
First link shows just that.

If it was timestamped with the command indicated above, it will rather look like:
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiLzM9yGf38&t=4m50s"

So just keeping the part between the " " will fix it. Though, that's some very specific particularities.

About the [collapse] command:

So [collapse] command that was quite useful is gone. And so is [collapse="name"].
However, [collapse] commands that were used before doesn't work anymore but [collapse="name"] does.
But it's kinda weird.

If you click on "show" in the Elphelt video thread 

, it will work just fine.

But if you copy/paste it, it will stay as it is when you copied it. Meaning if you copied shrunk, it won't show its content and vice versa.
Or at least, that's what happens to me and you can check whether it does the same to you or not with the example above.

Also, pretty sure the broken picture above the avatar is supposed to represent whether it's staff, regular member, etc.
The supposed picture is actually on the profile so maybe it wasn't properly linked yet.
Definetely would prefer to have that over the big red Moderator name though.

Copy/pasting more stuff I've noticed:

-Can't preview posts anymore it seems. Used that feature a lot so it's quite annoying.

-For some reasons, certain letters changed size. Dunno the correct english term but basically I used the [SS] notification to indicate a side swap but for some reason, it became [sS].

-Green color on some posts I've made is gone ? Red and Blue still there but Green definetely gone yep.

-Put some texts in itallic before but now it's back to normal.

-[table] not working. Any known alternative ?

-Top left option (It's called Source now) that allowed to see the whole post in text form was quite handy before but now, it removes spaces and transform the post into a huge chunk of text.

Edit:

glitches if you use more than one in a post ?

Edited by Magaki

signatures are possible... but they're off by default. honestly i like the forums better without signatures so far haha

Is the profile picture upload disabled as well? Not really important, but I figured I'd just point out that the option doesn't seem to be available at the moment.

Concerning the video links, it looks like recent ones are still salvageable if they were timestamped.
Copy/pasting an exampe from the Elphelt video thread to show some weird changes:

Hidden Content

I think it's probably related to how the link was formed to begin with. I've seen a few timestamped youtube links that are dead after transition, as well, so it likely can't just be the timestamp that 'saved' those links.

signatures are possible... but they're off by default. honestly i like the forums better without signatures so far haha

Yeah, but there is always the option to hide them, so there is no harm in adding them.

Anu eta when keeponrock.in will be back up? Not really sure who runs it but i thought it was going down as part of the maintenance or something.

Anu eta when keeponrock.in will be back up? Not really sure who runs it but i thought it was going down as part of the maintenance or something.

It should be up later tonight. I'm assuming it went down for the maintenance with the rest of dustloop, but didn't get turned back on for some reason. In the meantime, you can use the back-up site: http://test.keeponrock.in/

2 things:

1: I can't access Dustloop through chrome.  It says some error about 406 not acceptable.

2: My gif doesn't animate.  What are the restrictions of animation now?