trag

Site Feedback/Suggestions

I have the same problem again,  yesterday everything was fine on firefox, now this morning I couldn't access the forum again. Cleaning the cookies fix it but it has to be a problem with the forum.

Edited by kosmos badgirl

I have the same problem again,  yesterday everything was fine on firefox, now this morning I couldn't access the forum again. Cleaning the cookies fix it but it has to be a problem with the forum.

Something I've seen that actives the loggin bug instantly is trying to edit the sign. After that the horrible 406 error appears and I have to erase cookies again.

Edit the sign? What do you mean by that.

Also there's no mobile skin, in theory the skin we've got should show/hide things to make the site look nice on mobile, but something's not right... Probably due to some of hte modifications i've made. If you go to the bottom of the page and select Theme > Base IPS Theme, that would work well for mobile for now.

Tapatalk doesn't have a plugin for 4.0 yet (it's in beta), but once that's ready, I will install that too

YouTube links should probably be fixed. They get auto-embedded and the embed is really odd because it stretches to fit the post. Using the embed code taken directly from Youtube's share tab doesn't have the stretch problem but only mods have access to source editor in order to use it.

Edited by Tokkan

The spoiler tag made me realize that the current interface does not allow you to undo the latest change. You see, I tried to use the spoiler tag, thought that it might not be the one I want, clicked the eye button once again... And it put another spoiler tag instead of removing the first one.

Edited by SoWL

To delete a spoiler tag, delete everything in the tag, then press delete again. I'll look into the video embed thing

Edited by shtkn

We need an option to adjust the leading, tracking, and kerning to fix the spacing of post. A lot of the previous post spacing went way off after the update, but we can't fix the spacing our self.

Is there a problem with the links in previous posts in general?

When I click on one it just opens a new tab in Chorme to the same page I was on. 

EDITED: Nevermind, the links are just plain broken. Gonna have to relink it manually

Edited by Argent Zero

It's nice that you guys are using IPB 4.0 now. I use it for my site as well and love every bit of it. Oh and for the guy above, if they upgrade the site to version 4.0.12.1, that problem of yours should be fixed.

There is no way to get the old links back?, I can get the links of page one of any thread via google cache but when I try with page 2 or page XX from a thread I get nothing.

If there's no way, many users are not going to be happy, because it has literally affected everyone either directly or indirectly. Manually fixing the links is just way too much time consuming for everyone, and we all know how people are busy nowadays.

When doing a forum search and switching the results from "Relevance" to "Date" it counts it as second search and gives you:

Sorry, there is a problem

Please wait 18 seconds before attempting another search

Error code: 1C205/3

I don't know if there is a way for you to fix this or not.

Yes, I encountered teh same issue before. I think i can change the minimum time between searches, but I'm not sure If i can change what the default search is.

ah! it turns out hte tapatalk plugin is now out of beta for 4.0 so i will be installing that soon

ok, upgraded to 4.0.12.1 and installed tapatalk. hopefully that fixes that links issue

When is gonna be fixed the "Topics" section in "Content l Follow"? It gives me this error "Fatal error: Call to a member function can() on a non-object in /home/dustlo5/public_html/forums/system/Theme/Theme.php(643) : eval()'d code on line 141".

I don't see any background processes running, so I doubt it at this point. I do have a backup of hte old database on my machine so if there's any posts with lots of links I can try digging through that and finding a specific post Also, i'll look into that topic bug

Edited by shtkn

Another bug: when trying to share a certain comment of a thread in Facebook, the link get corrupted. Maybe this is a Facebook bug because the comments links work in other social networks like Twitter.

YouTube links should probably be fixed. They get auto-embedded and the embed is really odd because it stretches to fit the post. Using the embed code taken directly from Youtube's share tab doesn't have the stretch problem but only mods have access to source editor in order to use it.

I've found a setting for this to limit max video embed size... I've set it to 480px for now. Is there a preferred size for everyone? This is a global setting.

This works, still looks huge when editting though.

Edit: Okay, now it looks fine when editing.

Edited by Tokkan

We should compile a list of all this stuff at some point so @Shtkn can reference it.

Am I the only one who gets thrown to an older page every time they click on a thread? It should take me to the latest post but instead it'll take me to a post a few pages back even if I've been to the latest post before.

Just to run some ideas through, ya might want to invest in this plugin for the front page articles (I use this on my website and I believe it's worthed it. The creator is very helpful in supporting it if help is needed):

(SIN) Article Images: https://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/7444-sin-article-images/

Just a thought.