trag

Site Feedback/Suggestions

So, in the end, what's the verdict on signatures? Like I said, those people who like the current pristine forum look can always turn them off in their settings, without taking signatures from those who actually want to have it.

Not sure if anyone else has this problem, but when I try to edit some of my posts I get an error message. Not sure what's up with that. Some of my posts can be quick edited (such as this current one), but when I touch my bigger threads in my respective forums, I get that error code.

Edited by Kiba

Random note: in Safari, the threads are super compressed compared to other browsers. It wasn't like this before.

Not sure if anyone else has this problem, but when I try to edit some of my posts I get an error message. Not sure what's up with that. Some of my posts can be quick edited (such as this current one), but when I touch my bigger threads in my respective forums, I get that error code.

I'm also getting this problem.  Tried to edit the first post of a match up thread I made and couldn't do it.  Returned an error code of EX2.

If it helps, I'm using Firefox for my browser.

Edited by cadacus_ater

Is there a way to make the latest thread replied to in each subforum show up when browsing from phone?

Right now you just see that somebody replied in the subforum but have no way to quickly access the thread or know what it was if you're on your phone.

signatures have been enabled (and you can make them visible/invisible on your account settings page)

Edited by shtkn

Generally finding the new forum so far horrible on the eyes mainly, also I can't seem to feel/see a clear gap between post and signatures atm. I understand you're still sorting things out here and there but this is how I'm feeling atm. Mainly it's too bright lol.

Anyway I wanted to pop on here and wonder if it's possible to get Post Numbers back? I found in the past having the ability to reference a Post like "Post #1247" useful as a guideline/pointer mainly for video threads for showing what posts have been looked at, what needs to be checked for more video content/links etc.

When I try to save the changes I made to my signature I get the 406 error again, it only happens when I put an emoticon in it for some reason.

Edited by Daidouji

signatures have been enabled (and you can make them visible/invisible on your account settings page)

EDIT: Now is possible but the 406 error still appears making you delete the cookies to log in again.

Edited by heavymetalmixer

Forums still look terrible on the eyes.  Also, I want to be able to see if threads I've posted in have updated without subscribing and spamming my inbox. (I liked the old "My post" feature.

I've already stated that we will have more skins in the future, so please wait for those.

Also subscribing to threads is the preferred method to get notified of activity in threads. If you don't want notifications for that then what's left? PMs and mentions?

Having said that, you can do what you described by clicking your avatar at the top right > My Activity > Posts

EDIT: Now is possible but the 406 error still appears making you delete the cookies to log in again.

Got the error over here, too, and it doesn't save the changes you make, either.

Came back to this site after a break to see it looking awesome. Dunno if it has already been mentioned yet but every time I click on a youtube link it duplicates the thread I was just on. 

For an example, someone posted a may combo in the may video thread, I clicked on the link and it just created another may video thread in my tabs. I have to copy and paste the link in order for it to work.

(I'm using google chrome) 

Came back to this site after a break to see it looking awesome. Dunno if it has already been mentioned yet but every time I click on a youtube link it duplicates the thread I was just on. 

For an example, someone posted a may combo in the may video thread, I clicked on the link and it just created another may video thread in my tabs. I have to copy and paste the link in order for it to work.

(I'm using google chrome) 

Old links that were posted prior to the forum upgrade were all broken by the upgrade. There's unfortunately no way to fix that aside from re-doing all the links by hand, but at least some links were posted in full URL form, so you can still copy-paste them. :)

Old links that were posted prior to the forum upgrade were all broken by the upgrade. There's unfortunately no way to fix that aside from re-doing all the links by hand, but at least some links were posted in full URL form, so you can still copy-paste them. :)

All hail the full links! Now people see why I hate the short ones :v:

Edited by heavymetalmixer

this is kind of a strange but completely benign bug and it might just be chrome but:

whenever you have a URL within brackets like

[url=your url here]

within the quick reply box, blank squares appear before the URL every time you click on text within the reply box. they don't actually affect the url but it's kind of weird that it happens

gif here

Is there a way to completely disable the video previews? Posting hundreds of videos links with timestamps and editing is becoming really painful because the previews appear no matter how many times I press Ctrl+Z. Even if they don't appear after editing, when I save the edit they appear.

The simplest way I've found to add videos without problems cropping up on me is to do them one at a time. It's slower but it works for me :)

Clink the "Link" option in the Post Tool Bar and do it that way. For just adding links and adding/attaching text to a link.

Also I don't feel it's feasible to go through every old link in the CP Video Thread (being the example in my mind) and fix them by hand. It would take too long so anything already obtained and added into the various character boards should be sorted within those boards (I believe that would be the best way to tackle it). It's going to take me a while to sort out all backed up links I had for my video thread as well.

I think Google Cache as well doesn't go back to the previous version of DL now so it may be harder to find archived links. I'm not fully sure of other ways to dig up currently lost video links for those struggling to get that lost information though? :/

EDIT: Sorry for all the text. Hope this helps.

I figured out how people can create info boxes on this version of DL while sorting out my own video thread. I can make a picture guide if needed?

1. Go into "Source" and Copy and Paste what I've put below: (You can replace the ZZZZZ's, it's just to show where you need to type between the > and < symbols to title your info box)

<div style="padding: 4px; border: 1px solid rgb(147, 0, 0); border-image: none; width: auto;"><div style="padding: 4px; border: 1px solid rgb(61, 61, 61); border-image: none;"><b>ZZZZZ YOU CAN TYPE HERE ZZZZZ</b></div></div><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p>

2. Go back to into normal view and hang your mouse over the Line where you will then see a Red Line appear with a Red Box with an arrow. Click that box.

3. Type away in the fresh field to work inside and you're info box is ready to go.

Edited by gamester

only staff has access to teh "source" button.

This is because it allows anyone to post raw html and javascript in there, which is quite the security risk, so i'm afraid to give that ability to everyone

test

Edited by shtkn

My bad. I can't seem to figure out how to create info boxes through the usual method/interface yet and I don't know if collapse boxes can be created on this version of DustLoop?

I'll think of another way to present video threads :)

collapsed boxes can be made by clicking the eyeball button on the toolbar.

infoboxes are likely gone.

after researching more, bbcode exists for all users, but you have to type it out manually like [table][/table] blegh

Edited by shtkn

Also I don't feel it's feasible to go through every old link in the CP Video Thread (being the example in my mind) and fix them by hand. It would take too long so anything already obtained and added into the various character boards should be sorted within those boards (I believe that would be the best way to tackle it). It's going to take me a while to sort out all backed up links I had for my video thread as well.

I think it'd be faster if we started adding videos to http://wheeloffateisturnin.meteor.com/. We can reduce redundancy with these just like the new match up forums!