trag

Site Feedback/Suggestions

Can you add notes to videos? Like "x18 matches in a row" or "incomplete match"? Is there anything to make notes to give the user further information before they click on links?

I tend to find when editing posts I can't seem to click on anything at times unless I go into my "source" option and back out again and then it allows me to click wherever I want.

I believe I'm also getting error messages when I click "Save" for editing a post after I've opened another tab on the browser. It seems to cause some sort of problem meaning I have to close everything down and start from scratch without opening other tabs in the editing process :/

For whatever odd reason, I can't use emoticons in my signature anymore. I get this error. Any idea what to do?

dustloop crashing.PNG

I don't know about signatures put in posts I find if you try to add an emote through the Emoticon Tool option you can end up with errors.

Try and type it out manually like

: C A : 

That above but typed without spaces will give you Carl's Hat. Problem is you have to memorise them all to get what you want to avoid an error.

:CA:

Can you add notes to videos? Like "x18 matches in a row" or "incomplete match"? Is there anything to make notes to give the user further information before they click on links?

There is no option to add notes to videos. I haven't actually thought about that at all!

Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I cant find a way to get rid of accidental quotes in the reply boxes on mobile.  Every time I go to a specific thread, it loads up my last message with quote bubbles and I cant for the life of me delete them.  I havnt been able to reply to a thread for 3 days now cuz of it Dx

it's the same process as on desktop: delete everything in the quote box and press delete again

Edited by shtkn

Maybe its inconsistencies with my phone then.  The boxes are empty, my phone's only available delete button is backspace, and it wont disappear.  I'll just look like an idiot and be careful until I figure out how to work it.  Thanks for the info though!

I don't know about signatures put in posts I find if you try to add an emote through the Emoticon Tool option you can end up with errors.

Try and type it out manually like

: C A : 

That above but typed without spaces will give you Carl's Hat. Problem is you have to memorise them all to get what you want to avoid an error.

:CA:

That works, and I tried editing my signature with that, but apparently, no smilies at all are allowed in signatures now. Which is all sorts of weird to me.

Don't know if this is even an issue  (I probably missed something) But when editing a thread - info in the show/hide boxes can't be seen or accessed,  I can't click it open during the Editing.

I've also tried to change it all to source coding but when I do - the entire post because a single line (basically I no paragraphs like when using NotePad). Did I miss something?

smilies are currently disabled for members, i tried changing it, but it wont stick. idk why, might be a bug

Don't know if this is even an issue  (I probably missed something) But when editing a thread - info in the show/hide boxes can't be seen or accessed,  I can't click it open during the Editing.

I've also tried to change it all to source coding but when I do - the entire post because a single line (basically I no paragraphs like when using NotePad). Did I miss something?

In your general view you should be able to edit what's in what is now known as the spoiler box (the eye icon on post toolbar options). If you're thinking of drop down boxes from last version of DL. Since the update they're gone and the content inside them sadly ;__;

The spoiler box is the new way of hiding branches of content now. Just highlight the section of text and click the eye icon to make it the new hide/show option :)  

Test

Type within this field

I'm finding editing large content posts are difficult this ver. of DL. 5-7 second delays to wait before you can select a line and begin typing. 

So even tho the Post still uses the "show/hide"  function and boxes

I can't edit what ever is in them and this can't be fixed? The whole Video thread is like this D;

I'm scared to edit it until something gets done before I lose a chunk of the post.

Forgive me - forgot to mention that part.

When I click on "Source" for the codes - the entire post turns in to one sentence and one line.

Like how NotePad contains text if you don't use "Text Wrap" function , makes it hard to edit and move things. Afraid to distort the layout of the thread.

I saw what the above said, I just wanted to show this as a follow-up. I got Carl and Nirvana working before this screenshot but they still said "Too Many Images", which I guess is a bug.

what_the_hell.thumb.PNG.67051f7e613f7592

sorry, set the image count to 0 before. it's now been set to 10, hopefully that's enough for eveyrone

Would it be possible to implement a small box on each subforum that would give twitter feeds for specific tags?

Like for a character subforum, it would show tweets with #dustloop #blazblue #ragna in a box on the ragna subforum, #dustloop #persona #netplay would show up on the online play subforum of the Persona forums.

I've noticed twitter is still more active for FG info than here and doing this would unify the info for characters between sites as well as allow for people to see activity on both sites.

(as long as people don't start abusing that system, in which case it would be a waste)

shortened tags would also work #DL, #bb, #p4, #gg, #uni, and the abbreviated character names like #bg, #ta, #rg

Of course 140 character limit on twitter including the tags so it wouldn't make posting here useless, but shorter thoughts are usually just slapped onto twitter anyways so this would make it easier to see both.

Edited by someonewhodied

I don't know what you guys did but I can't Edit my posts and keep getting a 406 Error which forces me to clear my Browsing Data.

That's easy, but would probably make navigation considerably heavy and slow.

Cant you just load it in asyncronously with AJAX? As long as the main forum loads "fast" you can load the twitter stuff after

click the Source button to get to the raw html and grab the text

So I dragged the Source Code out but I don't know if I can extract the entire Section and all the videos I have out of this mess. Is there any way to Revert the Dropbox function so all the content within it works again like before? It would be greatly appreciated and it'll prevent Admins from starting the whole section again

Worst Part is, the links that are working perfectly fine, don't work because it won't allow the link to load straight to youtube-this error message(show below) comes up saying Dustloop can't find it. so admins who wish to keep this content have to cut the Youtube links out of this (like I highlighted below). Is there no way to revert this ?

SFEcAcQQQRwBxBBBHABLNmpw7ahAAhDBpQdzCYfk

VsRAJFIJH0V+etmeVVERXz43f4PZFKfunoGU+8AA

Does it not work if you simply remove all the random ASCII codes from the URL? Like, for example, the %22 at the start of the URL you highlighted (also the & and the %22 at the end)? You can replace them with the equivalents, which I believe are " and &, though the quotation marks are duplicates at that point.

Obviously not something you'd want to do by hand, but I don't think any links are actually 'blocked' by the forum. That just looks like broken HTML.

Nah they aren't blocked by DL its kinda like Gamester said the info in the boxes are just useless when it comes to editing. (Like you said , the codes just make the URL not work, the YT links without the codes next to it work fine)

If I knew Dustloop was going to change like this -I would have removed all the Show/Hide boxes or wouldn't have used the Template we were given to make the thread.

Its slightly annoying that I either have to edit this lump of codes or start from scratch . Forgive me If I sound Vex - It was was just like...a kick in the face to log on to edit/add to the thread and then someone says "yeah, all that is gone/not working"

Starting from scratch again seems like the better choice. unless I can use like some sort of Ctrl+F command and highlight all Those "%22" & "&amps;". But i don't think I know a program to do that. 

Edited by EXonestar

There are a lot of text editors that let you replace strings with other strings. It's a pretty common function. Hell, even Notepad has a replace function. :P

It wouldn't really solve the messed up tables and whatnot, though, just the links themselves. The loss of links and formatting are perhaps the only real downsides to the forum upgrade. It's unfortunate how much impact that has, though.

I don't know if this is an issue or just me being stupid but I think the line spacing is doing weird things, everytime I hit enter I  get this kind of spacing:

Example.

when it should look like this: