trag

Site Feedback/Suggestions

I don't know if this is an issue or just me being stupid but I think the line spacing is doing weird things, everytime I hit enter I  get this kind of spacing:

It's built in to the forums at the moment, and I'm not sure if there are plans to change it. For the time being, though, you can override the default line spacing by using SHIFT+ENTER instead of just ENTER for linebreaks.

It's built in to the forums at the moment, and I'm not sure if there are plans to change it. For the time being, though, you can override the default line spacing by using SHIFT+ENTER instead of just ENTER for linebreaks.

Cool, thanks.

Does it not work if you simply remove all the random ASCII codes from the URL? Like, for example, the %22 at the start of the URL you highlighted (also the & and the %22 at the end)? You can replace them with the equivalents, which I believe are " and &, though the quotation marks are duplicates at that point.

Obviously not something you'd want to do by hand, but I don't think any links are actually 'blocked' by the forum. That just looks like broken HTML.

Actually, I think the codes are fine, it's just that the extra " at the beginning and the end of the url is causing problems. No need to replace any of the rest, since it translates properly. Example: http://keeponrockin.meteor.com/?title=%E7%A8%BC%E5%83%8D%E5%88%9D

Edited by keeponrockin

Hello, currently I'm having this error while trying to connect to dustloop on Chrome. Firefox is fine though. Any solutions?

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource / could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Nvm, clearing cookies solved it. Emoticon is the cause. Welp. 

Edited by Ourozama

Actually, I think the codes are fine, it's just that the extra " at the beginning and the end of the url is causing problems. No need to replace any of the rest, since it translates properly. Example: http://keeponrockin.meteor.com/?title=%E7%A8%BC%E5%83%8D%E5%88%9D

@EXonestar i tested on your combo thread, find "%22" and replace with nothing. now all your links work, it's very simple, every text editor should have  find/replace all feature.

Edited by shtkn

@Tari @shtkn

Ok so whiles I'm trying to find/replace all the quotation marks. I go to the thread and try to open some links. All of a sudden 90% Of them are working... I'm a bit surprised.(i haven't changed it yet like you guys have instructed)

I've used the Find/Replace feature to take out all the quotation marks at the beginning and end of Youtube links but now I'm trying to copy it back to Dustloop so that the layout can stay the same BUT it seems like there's no point trying to change it because all of a sudden 90% of the links are working. Currently testing them now as I'm writing this message

The 10% of links that don't work are the ones that used to give me the Error page message and the links within the comments that the players have posted. All the Links that had the error page issues now link to "http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/9609-cp2-litchi-faye-ling-video-thread-updated-7292015/"

I Think I should just leave it and take all the links that work and make a new thread.  It seems like the easiest option at this point.

I can keep the layout clean without any use of Show/Hide boxes or anything. Your Thoughts?

Maybe look into fixing the arrows & first/last buttons for pages of topics.  Currently they don't work for me (takes me to a screen that isn't a topic page).  Thanks!

The first/last arrows for pages of topics seem to work for me. Where is it sending you?

The first/last arrows for pages of topics seem to work for me. Where is it sending you?

Thanks for the reply.  A blank page with:

-instead of a page of posts.  Happens when clicking next/previous or any number as well.  I can try Chrome instead of Firefox, or just work around the problem til the forums are more fixed up.

Edited by indie_animator

I don't know if this can be fixed or whatever on this version of DL.

Large posts for example, those with video links mainly in mind. When I want to click somewhere I'm waiting 7 or more seconds to then be able to type or do anything on that line/section. I feel large content posts make it very slow in the editor. Anyone else getting this problem? I'll be honest I'm finding this version of DL more awkward to work with.

I'm just talking about how things are now rather than the future possibilities for handling info/data :)

there's a minor update to the software that i will be installing tonight. hopefully that fixes some of the problems you guys have. it most likely won't fix the broken links though.

Thanks for the reply.  A blank page with:

-instead of a page of posts.  Happens when clicking next/previous or any number as well.  I can try Chrome instead of Firefox, or just work around the problem til the forums are more fixed up.

Huh, weird. I'm assuming you tried to clear cookies and everything already? I've only tested on Chrome, for what it's worth.

Hello, currently I'm having this error while trying to connect to dustloop on Chrome. Firefox is fine though. Any solutions?

Nvm, clearing cookies solved it. Emoticon is the cause. Welp. 

This has been happening to me too every time I attempt to move the placement of the ones in my signature, it's still happening actually.  Have to clear cookies every time.

Yeah the 406 error thing destroyed a huge post I was making and locked me outta Dustloop for four days until some nice soul told me about the cookies thing.

(Whoever runs the DL twitter should post the fix for that (and not using a DL link to this thread because that'd be useless)

Let's check it out: :)

Yeah, I guess it did.

I'm getting a problem opening links in threads. they just redirect me to the page I'm currently viewing and not the one in the link.

I'm getting a problem opening links in threads. they just redirect me to the page I'm currently viewing and not the one in the link.

It's because all the links are currently empty (as in the URL for the link is missing, so since it's a link that goes nowhere it just goes back to the same page). The shift from BBCode to html destroyed all the URLs. shtkn is working on getting the back up going.

It's because all the links are currently empty (as in the URL for the link is missing, so since it's a link that goes nowhere it just goes back to the same page). The shift from BBCode to html destroyed all the URLs. shtkn is working on getting the back up going.

Oh, makes sense now. Thanks.

When I try to report a post, the page keeps loading after I click "Send". I'm not sure if my report has actually reached the mods, so it should probably be fixed to at least let me know that.

Reports are useful, by the way. It helps flag a situation that we might not notice until later, or might think people don't care about until they point it out.

You should explain why you're reporting it too. Sometimes it's hard to tell.

Edited by mAc Chaos

This isn't really feedback or suggestions so please delete it if it belongs somewhere else, but I'd like to know about this:

For focusing on specific matches breakdown / analysis should I use the MU threads or should I post it on an original "analysis/critique thread"?. 

My first idea was to do it on MU threads to encourage discussion / other points of view but I want to be sure before I do so. It was also because I feel like in a "critique thread" it's more about pointing out mistakes or focusing on improving a player's performance rather than just explaining "what's going on here and why"

Just noticed the color scheme has changed from blue to red.

Potential return of color selection in the future?

I love the new theme, even if there's a color selection in the future I won't change it.

Just noticed the color scheme has changed from blue to red.

Potential return of color selection in the future?

Turns out that the other themes are still selectable. There's a "Theme" dropdown at the very bottom center of each page. It's quite hard to see it on the Sol theme, but it's there.