trag

Site Feedback/Suggestions

there's only 1 theme for everyone right now. mods can look at the other theme i'm working on (i haven't done anything with it yet).

as for how many themes... i probably won't make as many as last time. seriously, we had like 6 or 7 before.

there's only 1 theme for everyone right now. mods can look at the other theme i'm working on (i haven't done anything with it yet).

as for how many themes... i probably won't make as many as last time. seriously, we had like 6 or 7 before.

I'm assuming you're not including the default theme in that count, right? I figured everyone could still use that one?

Edited by Tari

ah i totally forgot about that. Yes everyone should still be able to use the default theme

On the default/base theme, the "Posted X hours ago" text seems to be the same colour as the post background, rendering it pretty much invisible.

Also, I'm enjoying being surprised by the beta theme while you work on it, haha.

This isn't really feedback or suggestions so please delete it if it belongs somewhere else, but I'd like to know about this:

For focusing on specific matches breakdown / analysis should I use the MU threads or should I post it on an original "analysis/critique thread"?. 

My first idea was to do it on MU threads to encourage discussion / other points of view but I want to be sure before I do so. It was also because I feel like in a "critique thread" it's more about pointing out mistakes or focusing on improving a player's performance rather than just explaining "what's going on here and why"

Sorry for not responding to this sooner, but i have the same feelings as you... try the MU threads, get both sides of the debate

One thing I've noticed is that when editing the OP of a thread, the submit button currently reads "Submit Topic", which is a little disconcerting because it seems as though you're going to end up making a double post. Ideally this button would read "Save" or something similar.

You're probably aware of most of this or people might have mentioned them already, but:

• The Rules tab in the header leads to an error page: (EDIT: It appears this has been fixed since I ran into the issue).

rules.thumb.png.89a9313700ffde8221a5110d

• The "Location" field in the postbit lacks a colon. I assume that this is simply a phrase/field typo:

loc.thumb.png.ebf3759c8d5d4f79f3dcb6a6c7

• On the subject of the postbit, a field for Steam ID would be nice.
  • Users cannot access the source/BBCode of their posts, which would be a nice thing to have considering that the new WYSIWYG editor does a lot of things "for you" that people might not want. Example: Working with any post that already has formatting (e.g. most of the OPs in the AH3 section) is a pain, as is anything involving spoilers, etc.
  • Many of the non-thread pages (e.g. pages for editing account setting, etc.) do not use the full width of the rest of the elements, much like in kosmos badgirl's post above, only in some cases worse. I suspect that this is just an error in the widths at which the responsive CSS kicks in:

settings.thumb.png.643089e2cafda71aef298

• The redundancy in the forum URL is OCD-indcing (e.g. the URL for the forum index is www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/), considering that dustloop.com just redirects to /forums anyway.
  • The list of recent posts in the sidebar of the forum index is crazy long, especially considering that there is more content (chat, tweets) below it. To me, at least, the proportions in the sidebar of the Articles index would seem much better, when though the dustloop forum index is quite long.
  • For normal users at least, attaching a media object (image, etc.) that has already been attached to the post can only be done by clicking the semitransparent plus sign on the attachment thumbnail. Using the "Insert other media" dropdown leas to an error:

perm.thumb.png.57a41a9d2530119c129513035

there's not much i can do for hte editor... BBCode gets converted to html once you save the post, and I'm not going to give everyone html posting privileges since it's too much of a security risk imo

i do not encounter these layout issues you speak of, i'm not sure why you do, must be a browser thing, in which case i can't do anything until either a software update fixes it or your browser does. I use chrome fyi

the forums link is not something i will fix. the forums are stored in a folder called forums, and the sotware has multiple components, including the forums. we have other folders for other things like the wiki. your ocd will just have to cope.

the sidebar takes the last 10 posts in teh forums, and last 5 in the front page... idk is this really a big deal?

i'll fix hte location thing later

Edited by shtkn

i do not encounter these layout issues you speak of, i'm not sure why you do, must be a browser thing, in which case i can't do anything until either a software update fixes it or your browser does. I use chrome fyi

I'm also using chrome (Version 45.0.2454.99 m / Win7, though I've had the same problem on linux as well).  

the forums link is not something i will fix. the forums are stored in a folder called forums, and the sotware has multiple components, including the forums. we have other folders for other things like the wiki. your ocd will just have to cope.

This can still be fixed with .htaccess rules, but I agree that it's not important.

there's not much i can do for hte editor... BBCode gets converted to html once you save the post, and I'm not going to give everyone html posting privileges since it's too much of a security risk imo

Also IPB's editor does sanitize its HTML input, though how much you how much you trust InvisionPower to find and patch vulnerabilities is something only you can decide.

Edited by Vadsamoht

There seems to be a bug with the search function: when I'm trying to search a specific topic and go to the second page of the search results, the topic restriction resets and it gives me the results from all over the forums. Also, switching between the pages seem to activate the 30-second timer each time, making it very difficult to browse through many posts quickly.

Also IPB's editor does sanitize its HTML input, though how much you how much you trust InvisionPower to find and patch vulnerabilities is something only you can decide.

i'm not willing to take that chance i'm afraid. you can insert javascript (which i use for teh matchup thread), so i'm certain there's a lot of room for abuse if i let anyone use it.

There seems to be a bug with the search function: when I'm trying to search a specific topic and go to the second page of the search results, the topic restriction resets and it gives me the results from all over the forums. Also, switching between the pages seem to activate the 30-second timer each time, making it very difficult to browse through many posts quickly.

I'll look into this, but I didn't change any settings in here other than the timer, so there's probably not much i can do...

Edited by shtkn

Just a heads up that the Steam field does appear in the profile settings (thanks!), but the information does not appear in the postbit.

The recent update has changed [ B] (with no space) to now be a bold modifier (I'm assuming its a standard BBcode/similar thing), but obviously for a lot of combo threads and games that have hold inputs, it's broken a huge amount of content since it seems to be fairly standard to use [] for hold the button, so its currently impossible to notate hold-B in the same way, and messed up a lot of threads in the process.

Apologies if this has already been noted and is being worked on.

(Some examples: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/7981-p4au-mitsuru-kirijo-gameplay-discussion/&page=19#comment-938907 http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/9594-cp20-celica-a-mercury-combo-thread/ )

unfortunately, there's nothing i can do about that, it's a part of of the new text editor. i don't see any options for enabling/disabling bbcodes

Yes, but it required you to close the tag for it to actually bold. Now it doesn't require you to close the tag.

Edited by Tokkan