trag

Site Feedback/Suggestions

Just noticed that the links to forum rules and guidelines both lead to guidelines. I assume it's because we only had the guidelines before, meaning that the rules still have to be written, but it's been a while since the forums moved already. Basically, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to report things like ban evasion, because I don't know Dustloop's stance on it.

While I'm assuming these are just limitations of the software, I've just noticed that I both cannot search within threads for anything and that I cannot preview posts.

The inability to use [B] without silly HTML workarounds is unfortunate, as well. Equally unfortunate is the fact that forum converts those to HTML and that, as a result, even if it's changed in the future, I'd assume all the posts that have already been converted can't be 'unconverted'.

Also worth noting is that the silly HTML workarounds... well, they only work once (depending on how you do it). They can get removed by the auto-formatting of the post as soon as you click the Post/Save button, so any subsequent edits may immediately turn those into bold tags.

yes, the [ B ] problem sucks, but i really don't see a way around it. i don't think there's a way to disable specific bbcodes. heck i don't see any bbcode related settings at all in the admin control panel.

This may have already been covered but I'm unsure.

I accidentally quoted a poster and tried to erase the quote, but I cannot remove the empty quote block.  Every time I return to the thread to make a post, the empty quote block saved in my post and stuck there.  

ctrl+right click on the quote block and you'll see an option to delete it.

this also works for spoilers boxes and other stuff too.

mac users i believe it's command + right click? hover your mouse over the text field and a tooltip will come up with how to show more options

Um, Rachel is as pale as a ghost and I'm dark like milk chocolate, I don't think that's going to work 

and have you seen the freaky shoes she has on!? I dare you to take one step in them without falling. It's impossible

On 11/30/2015, 10:21:25, TD said:

Um, Rachel is as pale as a ghost and I'm dark like milk chocolate, I don't think that's going to work 

and have you seen the freaky shoes she has on!? I dare you to take one step in them without falling. It's impossible

It would be hilarious, that's the point. I don't think most people in IRL could pull it off (aside from Tao players who would just be wearing hoodys with ears glued on).

BTW is there a way to change your signature on this new website? I've looked to no avail. I need to change the description of Makoto's new move, because mine is wrong currently.

Every time I post I look stupid.

4 hours ago, Dark Ranger88 said:

BTW is there a way to change your signature on this new website? I've looked to no avail. I need to change the description of Makoto's new move, because mine is wrong currently.

Every time I post I look stupid.

Go to your account settings.

Question: Is there a way to customize an Activity Stream only to show updates in threads that I posted in the past? I thought I was able to do that just by setting the ownership to Content I have posted in. 

I would just like to note that the site got much faster and more responsive recently. Whatever it is that you're doing, you're doing it right. Hope the other planned improvements won't take too long, either.

Just to double-check, there is no option to preview one's post, right? If so, why?

the simple answer is that the forum software doesn't have that feature anymore.

a slightly expanded answer is that the text field you enter text into is actually html, so aside from the background color the result should be very close to what you type in.

Heya,

Just a super minor, ascetic thing I've noticed, but some members have their title below their profile image fixed despite making more than enough posts to change it (unless I'm mistaken about the process which makes them change). For example, several members have 50+ posts but their title still reads "New Blood"; their title should be "Newbie", "Member", "Advanced Member", "Gold Member",etc if the current title hierarchy was being followed rather than the old one. I suspect the issue originates from when the forum software changed. Specifically, people with accounts from at least August 2014 have the title that updates automatically while members with accounts created March 2014 or earlier have their title fixed to whatever it was before the forum transfer. I don't remember how the titles worked on the old software, so there could be other members affected that I've not noticed (like somewhat stuck as old "Gold Member" when they should be currently ranked higher).

I know we can just change it ourselves, but it would be nice if affected members would be recognized by the forum automatically like any new members (post August 2014) are for the number of contributions they have made. I don't know the 100+ post titles, so I wouldn't be able to tell if older members should've had a title change or not.

Members seen with the incorrect title: Davo87 61 posts title="New Blood", Elemenope 81 posts title="New Blood", Capablanca 114 posts title="New Blood"

Some things I'd like to clear up before I forget:

- Are we ever going to get the awards back? Considering the whole "Encourage people to contribute to the website" aspect everyone has been discussing last Summer, it wouldn't make sense to remove the greatest motivation for that.

- What is the reason behind the website becoming unavailable from time to time? Is there a way to fix it? It might be just me, but it feels like it's one of the greatest reasons the activity went down lately.

- What is the official stance on using pictures in signatures? I've seen some people using the sig to display off-site pictures, and although I think it's a bit too much, the rules (or rather, the guidelines) don't say anything against that.

-i want to do awards again, but i don't know of any systems available for ipboard 4 right now...

-the site goes down from time to time due to unknown reasons, i've had to call tech support multiple times to get our server restarted, but other than that, i don't know what's the cause, it's very inconsistent so troubleshooting is near impossible for me

-i have signatures disabled personally as i find them gaudy and hate them, i wasn't aware of people embedding images, i'll ahve to look into disabling that... which members have been doing this?

ps you can disable signatures in your personal settings

I realize that people can hide signatures, but I don't want to turn them off because of just a few users. I also believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that with disabling images in signatures altogether, people won't be able to use the character balls and other smilies, which is a large reason behind their existence in the first place, so I assume people won't be happy about that. Setting some kind of image size limit would be ideal, but I'm not sure if the forum software allows that. Hence my question: if software can't enforce it, we can just put it in the rules and let the mods handle it.

This is the most obvious example, but there are a few others that shouldn't be too difficult to find. People are actually pretty reasonable about not turning their signatures into a bloody mess, though some of them get out of hand even with just the "Legal" character balls and quotes. Which is a whole different can of worms to open.

Something happened to everyone's activity and the one in the taskbar: every post until before three years is gone.
The posts themselves luckily still exist and everything else, like likes, followings, etc., are still recorded. 

But the worst thing is that the search function has the same problem. It cannot obtain any post which was posted after 2012/ 2013. Hopefully it can be fixed.
EDIT: Seems that the search function only can find topics but no posts anymore. Either that or I am too dumb to use it properly.

EDIT 2: OK, seems that everything is back again. It was likely a temporary bug in the system. If not, thanks for fixing it.

Edited by Danaiden

2 minutes ago, Hakkai_Requiem said:

This would be nice

It's true that Twitter and Discord are really useful for connecting players in real time (more or less), but we always need a place to store info permanently and some discussions, and given that the MBAACC Mizuumi Wikia doesn't let anyone register . . . well, we need that subforum.

I know we can now add a video link and then click "Display as a link instead" to stop it embedding. Is there still no way to stop it embedding videos in the first place?

If you want to place a link above another, the link/s below vanish after selecting "Display as a link instead".

You could just copy and paste a bunch of info with video links included and they won't embed or become a hyperlink at all, just being plain text (copy and pasted out of a notepad document, not sure about word etc.)

Thought I would place my findings here as I've only just popped by after a long time off the forum.

On 9/4/2016 at 5:07 PM, heavymetalmixer said:

It's true that Twitter and Discord are really useful for connecting players in real time (more or less), but we always need a place to store info permanently and some discussions, and given that the MBAACC Mizuumi Wikia doesn't let anyone register . . . well, we need that subforum.

100% this 

long time lurker who barely decided to join. dunno if this has been suggested, but it'd be cool if there was a discord name thing with all the other handles you can put on your profile