trag

Site Feedback/Suggestions

Not sure what you tried before but I found This Mod and it seems pretty legit. Did a bit of scouting and I haven't seen the points system on the forums that implemented this mod so I assume you can turn the points off and keep the badges.

I'm surprised you guys moved forward on this. I thought the idea was getting shot down. Anyway, good luck on the implementation. This is where all of the issues are actually going to be ironed out >_<.

I've sent a message to the Admin of Smogon for the name of the badge system mod. I'll post it here if he responds.

Well, it's only an experiment, keep that in mind.

Not sure what you tried before but I found This Mod and it seems pretty legit. Did a bit of scouting and I haven't seen the points system on the forums that implemented this mod so I assume you can turn the points off and keep the badges.

this was one of the 2 systems i was considering. I currently ahve vBExperience installed, but i'm probably going ot uninstall it and try YAAS.

how did you manage to talk SJ into letting you do that? -_-

I'm assuming you gotta try everything once right?

Not entirely sure what the "experiment" here is, but if I might offer a suggestion:

Ranking could be based on Articles Posted and Information threads that people have voted (number of stars rating the thread) on and approved of. Not just posts in general.

For example, if a thread gets "stickied" that would boost the original poster's rep or something like that.

Again, not sure if there's an app for that.

OR you could do something where the moderators decide a person's rep. :8/:

Okay, so I just logged in and saw the new system. Only problem is, I've no idea how it works. It seems to be tied to your number of posts, which is a terrible way to determine exp.

I mean, I'm lv43, but checking Spark's lv, he's 39. Clearly, there's something wrong since he's >>>> above anyone in terms of Haku knowledge.

and now hte system is gone. i also apologize for the hour or so that dustloop stopped working. apparently some scripts were still referencing tables taht were deleted and i had no way to get to those files quickly, so i just reinstalled vBulletin haha.

i'll install the other awards system when i feel more adventurous.

ok, new award system is installed, but i haven't configured it at all, expect that to happen later today.

stop abusing the system. also i havent touched any settings yet so i'm not sure what it's capable of yet.

I was going to give myself a bunch of medals, but sadly, there is no way to award medals en masse and the max medals shown is only four!

:v:

I would assume Tournament Winner / Content Contributor / Strong Player kind of thing.

nothing is set up so all medals ahve no meaning. scott's just mucking around with stuff because he's got a new toy to play with.