trag

Site Feedback/Suggestions

Is it possible to have our "location" to be located under our Avatar like at SRK.com?
cosign.

Also, I think tha avatar canvas size is ok (160 x64) --though guilty gear sprites are so big, a little more verticle space wouldn't hurt, but really, what I'd really love is a little more filesize. I could make some really cool animated avatars for this place with some more room --not that I won't make some really cool ones anyway, but they'd be better with more space, lol.

Here is some of my latest work as examples of what I can do. The smaller ones are under 20k and are of the quality I can do for this place. The larger ones are all under 50k.

Certainly avatars aren't the focus of this place, so just tell me to shut up and that'll be all you hear of it.

...seriously.

I think mostly they are trying to avoid the horrible monstrosity that is SRK. I wouldn't mind bigger filesize, but I have this feeling we'd start seeing so many shitty animations everywhere. I'd rather just static pictures than that. Maybe that's just me though.

DL needs more flashing avatars.

If this can be accomplished without increasing the av filesize limit then awesome. Otherwise steps must be taken to ensure the quality of DL avs.

As long as stupid things like half-naked women with full K groove bars for hair as Sentinel gapes at them with a random screenname splashed over it then I think we can avoid the SRK situation.

This is totally not the concept behind my idea for an av where there's a half-naked woman with Magneto heads coming out of her chest making out with Sagat while an A groove bar connects their between-leg-spaces also it has a random picture of Akuma on it with a screenname like d3m0nKy0x

Yeah,I really think it's a good idea to up the file size,I mean where still gonna be using flashing gif avatar's regardless we might aswell be able to make them look good.That is if it's possible to increase say 20k to 40k without affecting the actual size of the avatar.

I know why you don't want bigger avatar's,which is fine but it would be good if there was more file space to make them look better.

Can someone post up the arcades that have GGXX in california. There was a thread that had all the info about Arcades in california that had GG on the old Gamecombos site. I was just wondering which aracdes in Cali carried the GGXX machine.

maybe listing the arcades in each state that have either GGXX or GG#R list the arcades and give an address to find them.

*snip*

Yeah, a increase in hieght would be cool.

The file size should increase too, but not by much (I suppose).

Bleh, just change the size for the better plz ;(

Seriously, what IS Trag up to? He seems to at least come here still, but I haven't heard a thing from him.

I just want to make sure someone is managing the back end of the site... like keeping a backup of it incase of a major server crash... paying for the web space... things like that. It would also be nice to have someone making fixes and changes to the site.

Just to add, the 'Page X of Y' bar really sucks... it only shows 2 pages forward and backward. It really should be made to be more like 5 each direction, then skip to 10 pages ahead/behind. Navigating large threads or lists is a pain in the ass currently.

Don't worry trags got us covered he comes every few weeks and make's sure everythings okay and leaves again.

When you consider at gcc he was sometimes absent for 6 months...it's no big deal.

I would like some new supermods but I can't see trag making anychanges until slash is released....so posting here is not gonna have our requests happen....at least for a while.

This is probably beyond nitpicking and probably anoying for IE users but...

Are there any plans for a nice little icon thingy next to the link?...

As that was sorta unspecific... this is what I'm talking about

Have you guys considered a Tourney Results forum? I think it'll be a good idea to have so we don't have to go digging through the tourney promotion threads just to find the results...

Seriously, what IS Trag up to? He seems to at least come here still, but I haven't heard a thing from him.

I just want to make sure someone is managing the back end of the site... like keeping a backup of it incase of a major server crash... paying for the web space... things like that. It would also be nice to have someone making fixes and changes to the site.

Just to add, the 'Page X of Y' bar really sucks... it only shows 2 pages forward and backward. It really should be made to be more like 5 each direction, then skip to 10 pages ahead/behind. Navigating large threads or lists is a pain in the ass currently.

i'd rather they just do a drop box to show all pages and also have a next page and last page button

Tragic: would it be possible to have "Automatically parse URLs in text" *de-selected* by default? I think a lot of people unintentionally parse URLs in their posts because they either use the Quick Reply feature (which doesn't allow de-selecting automatic URL parsing) or they don't notice that they can de-select the URL parsing feature. This would save me some hassle and be appreciated (unknowingly) by all the Japanese sites that we link to on this board.

yeah that would be great thats a big problem here and im always seeing it everywhere and more often then not it's left alone....if its set to the forum default we don't have to worry about that.

The mod for the zepp museum hasn't been on in a long ass time and that place is filling with spam. I wouldn't mind being a mod for it, just to keep it on track, at the very least.