Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Onslaught

[CS1] Hazama FAQ

Any Hazama-related gameplay questions should go here. this thread was created in an attempt to cut down on the absurd amount of page-searching new Hazama players have to go through to ask questions.

i'm not that very good with him to be answering questions to a degree, but considering this is an attempt to help newcomers some of the better Haz players should be able to answer your questions.

PLEASE :

don't ask the same questions repeatedly, don't ask questions not related to gameplay.

Note:

if me making this thread was out of line, then my mistake and feel free to delete/lock it. just an attempt to organize the hazama sub-forum a bit and help out newcomers.

Hopefully compiling these list of questions will make loooking around the forums for answers much easier. Anyone can submit questions they have here, and I'll try to organize a well-developed FAQ. I think this is a good start for the questions, and a lot of people should find this useful. Especially when the console version releases in the U.S. soon. I'm sure I won't be able to answer all of your questions perfectly, so help from Fireryda, Arc-IX, Ouroboros, Kid Viper, DF2K, etc is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys, hope this helps.

Hazama Combo Questions:

How do I get the 4D~D to connect after 4D~A in Hazama's BnB combos?

It helps to press A right as the first chain hits your opponent. Sometimes pressing A a little beforehand is even preferable. After you want to immediately throw out another 4D~D. The key is to making sure the first chain causes it's hitstun, then you retract it fast enough to shoot out the next one.

Why does [j.C x 5] (JC) [j.C x 5] j.214B (Also known as j.214B#) tend to miss on some characters and hit on others?

Hazama's combos require you to change the timing on different characters in the cast. A character like Tager will be much easier to use j.214B# on than a character like Carl. It's best to practice his combos on all of the characters to get a feel for the entire cast. At the same time, depending on whether you use two chains before j/214B# or one, you'll have to change the timing slightly too. It's usually good to press C a bit early near the end of 4D~D to slow down the momentum a little. Hitting near the middle of every character's body usually works to complete the combo.

Why can't I combo 623D into j.6D~D? It always blue beats or they tech before I can hit them.

Well, first this combo is character specific, and only works on Tager, Rachel, Taokaka, Arakune, and Hakumen. If you're testing it on anyone else, it probably won't work. Second, they have to be near the very tip of 623D's range in order to connect j.6D afterwards. That is why this combo is character specific, the hitboxes of the aforementioned characters make it possible to hit them with 623D at weird angles that wouldn't be possible on the remaining cast. At first, try testing this combo on characters like Tager to get a feel for the timing. It's much easier on him than the rest of the cast, and it should help to master the technique on him first. In my own experience, it also seems quite easy to use Neutral Throw > 6D~A > 6D~A > 623D > j.6D~D on Taokaka. The key to timing the j.6D correctly is holding up/forward beforehand and as soon as you leave the ground, using j.6D. In this manner you're rolling your thumb (on a pad) from the upforward direction to only the forward direction and pressing D.

How do I connect 6D~A x Number after 236236B?

This isn't that difficult when you get the hang of it. Simply move back slightly after 236236B and press 6D~A. Depending on their distance from the ground, you can do another 6D~A or go straight to 623D. This is also character specific, since hitbox makes a big difference in this combo. Practice this on Tager and Ragna before attempting on more difficult characters like Jin and Carl.

Everytime I use 214D~C after 236236B, it blue beats, what am I doing wrong?

Well, if 214D~C is blue beatiing, you're probably pressing C a bit too late. Make sure you use 214D~C early if anything. It's surprising how soon you actually use 214D~C after 236236B. Pressing it early is usually much better than pressing it late. And it will certainly hit the character if they're still a bit above Hazama.

After 623D, how do I dash and use 3C to hit them?

In order to pull off this combo successfully, they must be high enough for 623D's range. And once again, this is easier on larger characters like Tager thanks to his massive hitbox. The difference between this link that makes it harder than other, is that they must be close enough to you after 623D for your Dash 3C to hit them. This can be solved by placing them near the corner, or preferably hitting them when Jakou is not fully extended horizontally. Ideally, you want a range that is high up, but not far away from you. You can also buffer the dash from 623D's ending animation, by pressing forward once at the end of the animation, and once again as it ends. This will let you dash early, and makes connecting 3C much easier. The key is muscle memory.

Is it possible to connect 3 chains in Hazama's regular BnB?

Yes, in fact it is. In order to connect 3 chains, you must use 5C just as the opponent is about to tech after 214D~C. If done correctly, after 5C > 2C in the BnB, they will be low enough to use three chains while keeping the combo red beat. Make sure you're quick enough on the 4D~A > 4D~A > 4D~D followups as well. The timing is stricter here than the normal BnB, so keep working at it if you want to master it. As an alternative, you can use 5B > 2C instead of 5C > 2C. The timing is much less strict, and only a little damage is sacrificed for 3 chains in the BnB.

How do you charge 214D~C in the middle of a combo, it always seems to blue beat or they tech?

The key to charging 214D~C is starting the 214D motion directly from 3C, instead of thinking of them as separate moves. It's best to do 3C214D~C. By linking them all together, 214D was brought out very early, giving it enough time to charge and add more damage while keeping the combo red beat.

How do I dash underneath my opponent after 214D~C near the corner?

You have to do 214D~C close enough to dash under...Also, you have to do the full dash as early as possible once the 214D~C is done (When the opponent is at peak of air before falling towards you). Once you do the full dash (which you need to get the animation of going under), find the right timing in when to input 5B. You don't even have to input 5B that early. What could be good for practice is to input it as slowly as you can and then go faster until you find the sweetspot. Train your muscle memory from there on out. Also, don't forget that it works best for Ragna/Bang sized characters and is much harder for Tager/Hakumen sized characters. Ironically, dashing under will usually be the hardest for larger characters in the cast, contrary to most combos, due to their hitbox.

Can 5C connect twice in any of Hazama's combos?

Yes, 5C hits twice after 214D~C for a slight increase in damage. Even after dashing during the regular BnB, it can still hit twice. You can delay 5C till your opponent is about to tech and still hit them twice. Moral of the story, you can always hit twice with it mid-combo, and should do so to increase the damage. The key is timing 2C after the second hit of 5C. It's mainly muscle memory and timing, and becomes natural after a few attempts.

Edit: Just to give everyone a heads up, I'm not going to be around these forums quite as much in a week or so. Since the console version is releasing, I'm going to dedicate most of my time to improving my Hazama, etc. But I'll still come around here to submit more combos, etc.

Is it possible to connect 3 chains in Hazama's regular BnB?

Yes, in fact it is. In order to connect 3 chains, you must use 5C just as the opponent is about to tech after 214D~C. If done correctly, after 5C > 2C in the BnB, they will be low enough to use three chains while keeping the combo red beat. Make sure you're quick enough on the 4D~A > 4D~A > 4D~D followups as well. The timing is stricter here than the normal BnB, so keep working at it if you want to master it.

Alternatively you could use 5B. It does less damage but it has a larger window.

is it possible to connect 3 chains in Hazama's regular BnB?

Yes, in fact it is. In order to connect 3 chains, you must use 5C just as the opponent is about to tech after 214D~C. If done correctly, after 5C > 2C in the BnB, they will be low enough to use three chains while keeping the combo red beat. Make sure you're quick enough on the 4D~A > 4D~A > 4D~D followups as well. The timing is stricter here than the normal BnB, so keep working at it if you want to master it. As an alternative, you can use 5B > 2C instead of 5C > 2C. The timing is much less strict, and only a little damage is sacrificed for 3 chains in the BnB.

You can also do 3C > Zaneiga > 66~5C > 2C for easier timing

^ Thanks, if anyone can think of any questions I've missed, feel free to submit them. Is there anything beginners would ask that aren't about timing in the combos? To be honest, I can't think of anything else right now.

Might want to make a note of the multi-hit properties of 5C. I die a little inside when I see people rush that part. :vbang:

Sure. Well is the FAQ limited to just gameplay questions?

If there are potential Hazama players, the questions would be :

- What type of character is Hazama?

- What are the pros/cons of using him?

- Why would I play Hazama?

Just beginner friendly questions like that, depending on if the FAQ is solely gameplay-based or just a general FAQ.

Probably gameplay based, but those sound about right. Those are kind of opinion questions though. I might try answering them later. And I'll add the note about 5C somewhere, haha.

Sometimes when I try to do one of Hazama's BNB combos like 5B,3C,214D~C,5C,2C,4D~D,(j.Cxn),JC,(j.Cxn), j.214B, sometimes when I try to do 4D~D, Hazama will sometimes...overshoot and fly way over the enemy making it impossible to hit with the j.cxn's. How do you prevent this?

Sometimes when I try to do one of Hazama's BNB combos like 5B,3C,214D~C,5C,2C,4D~D,(j.Cxn),JC,(j.Cxn), j.214B, sometimes when I try to do 4D~D, Hazama will sometimes...overshoot and fly way over the enemy making it impossible to hit with the j.cxn's. How do you prevent this?

You're hitting the j.Cs too late. I'm pretty sure that when you start mashing C it causes Hazama's momentum to slow. Someone else will have to verify this though, but at least I think that's what's going on when I do it.

Yeah, it's most likely that you're pressing the C's late. However, I think that can also happen if you're not close enough to your opponent. Like if the 4D~D hit them in the head and you just fly over them... I don't know if that's possible because there isn't much range involved in the 2C, that's why it is good to make sure you dash in well enough for these combos to come out perfectly.

My question:

Any hints to learn when to use 214D->C after Houtenjin? For me, it's always a 50-50 thing, and who knows if the timing changes with different characters.

Also, after Houtenjin I noticed some players (in vids lol) backdash, then use 6D twice and 612C. Eh... does Houtenjin affect the hitstun of the snakes or it's simply fast execution that can be done with any other situation?

I don't know much about the timing with 214D~C, I'm sure you have to do something there. But on your second question... 612C? Do you mean 623D? You have to do 6D~A to get the two hits (actually, you can do it as many times as you want until the enemy leaves the range of the hit) with the 6D, I believe. The stun time is the same as any other normal hit with the 6D. This is just easier because after you do the 623D you can then dash and 3C to start out another combo (spamming another Jayoku Houtenjin if you have enough heat) Or with some characters you can actually jump and 6D~D and go from there >_>

I guess I should leave these type of questions to someone who has more experience than I do with the character =P I have only played him a couple of times and got the basics down.

Also, Phoenon, try throwing in 4D~A and then do 4D~D, that might help on the aiming a bit believe it or not.

As for 6D~As after Jayoku, it's basically the same concept as doing 4D~A two or three times during the bnb combo. It's the same concept. You have to retract it the second it hits and then launch the next one. The timing can be tricky at first but once you get it down once you've pretty much got it.

My question:

Any hints to learn when to use 214D->C after Houtenjin? For me, it's always a 50-50 thing, and who knows if the timing changes with different characters.

It's really just timing, and a little bit of spacing. It takes a while to get, but it's not really that hard.

Also, after Houtenjin I noticed some players (in vids lol) backdash, then use 6D twice and 612C. Eh... does Houtenjin affect the hitstun of the snakes or it's simply fast execution that can be done with any other situation?

Some people find it easier to connect the 6D from there. There's also the added benefit of throwing them closer to the corner for the 2B/5C relaunch sometimes.

Then there's also the guaranteed Jakou hit from a backdash (or, uh, easier timing I guess), if you're going in for the kill or just don't want to let the combo drop.

Ok, so, I remember mentioning before that I usually do 4D to delayed Jakou instead of 4D~A to Jakou. I just tested them both out and figured out that I was wrong lol...4D~A to Jakou gives a bigger air boost than delaying a jakou. Mind putting that in the faq? Also, put in that corner combo ground crossup combo hint we gave earlier. I'll copy and paste it to make it easy.

How do I dash underneath a person when doing a corner combo with 3C?

You have to do 214D~C close enough to dash under...Also, you have to do the full dash as early as possible once the 214D~C is done (When the opponent is at peak of air before falling towards you). Once you do the full dash (which you need to get the animation of going under), find the right timing in when to input 5B. You don't even have to input 5B that early. What could be good for practice is to input it as slowly as you can and then go faster until you find the sweetspot. Train your muscle memory from there on out. Also, don't forget that it works best for Ragna/Bang sized characters and is much harder for Tager/Hakumen sized characters (albeit still possible).

Okay, check the second post of this thread guys. I compiled the list of questions so people wouldn't have to ask these questions. I'm sorry, but I just can't stand being laid back anymore... :vbang:

Also, if you were asking questions that I didn't answer thoroughly enough then I'm sorry about getting upset. I'm just sick of looking for new info, etc, then finding a bunch of questions that have already been answered a bunch of times.

Yeah, I don't want to be a jerk. Haha. I won't be on here much when the game first comes out, since I'll be focusing entirely on improving my Hazama, haha.

Hmm, Should we have a "Hazama PSN and XBL GT Players" thread like the other boards do to show who all on Dustloop plays Hazama?

Perhaps. I don't know how helpful it'd be. But it would be interesting to say the least. Up to you guys in the end though I guess.

Definitely a good idea. It's always good to learn from someone else who's trying to achieve the same goal as you are.:eng101: