Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Onslaught

[CS1] Hazama FAQ

I'm in the Hazama challenges and I'm on Mission 3 (first combo if there's more than one.)

I'm having difficulty connecting the second set of jC hits. I always end up either Jump Cancelling out of the 4th hit in the first set or I make the 5th hit and get so low to the ground that I can't Jump Cancel to continue...

Any advice from those more familiar with Hazama? I actually want to learn instead of being a chain-spammer.

EDIT: Beat that combo, stuck on next. Still would like help so as to nail that first combo easier.

Uh... Not really much to say. Try hitting 5C while they're high up so you get enough height to continue?

And chain spamming is legit. :V

I'd start it, but I can't think of a good topic title.

Under the Bridge? (Troll Gathering?)

Smooth Criminals? I dunno.

Ok I am fed up with lv 10 for hazama. I am using him in CS but this mission is well to the point of impossible! Please someone help me. I don't Suck but how do you connect 3C after 263D? I can do everything else but this takes the cake! HELP! Also another problem is start up. I think I spent a good 6 hours on challenge mission lv10 by now lol. So.. lets talk start up. it goes 6C, D, D (dash in with snake), Grab (mid air miss), Super kick (236236B). This is a problem in its self. Either I go over the enemy or they recover before the Super (236236B) comes out. I have done it before and in fact I have gotten to the last hit in the combo, but how do I make it consistent? Both the dash 3C after 623D. Also 6C, D [D], air grab (miss), super! omg will the great hazama be merciful!!!

For some reason I suck at doing 236236 motion on sixaxis, 2b or 6b will come out instead of jayoku, you connect 3c after 623d by dashing if they tech before you get 3c to hit then you're either doing dash 3c too late or 6d too late.

Hello everyone, I have a quick question about dash canceling from the 214D into C. For example ( 214D~C > (Dash) 5C ). What is a good way to know when to do the dash? I nail it sometimes and other times I don't, even though I feel as though I am replicating the same feeling as the previous and successful try.

214D~C 6> 6 > 5c

so like you buffer the 2nd input of foward right after the 214d~c finishes. the best thing to do is just hit training mode to get a feel for it. theres alot of leeway so you dont have to worry about dropping the combo.

214D~C 6> 6 > 5c

so like you buffer the 2nd input of foward right after the 214d~c finishes. the best thing to do is just hit training mode to get a feel for it. theres alot of leeway so you dont have to worry about dropping the combo.

Excellent, thank you for the quick and great response!

I'm sort of confused about the hitstun properties of Hazama's drives. I first noticed this when I was playing one of his earlier missions... I think the second combo in mission 3? Whatever mission, the combo was (iirc) j.6D~D, 5C, 3C, 214D~C, 5C, 2C, 623D. When I would hit with that initial j.6D, sometimes the snake would bite down and Bang would be in hitstun for a long time, and other times the snake would just tap him and he would recover almost immediately... specifically too fast to do the combo.

At first, I thought it had to do with the timing of pressing the D for the followup, but on further examination, even when I did only the initial j.6D attack it would vary between the two different levels of hit. What causes this?

@ Mojo

Distance. Hazama's drive hitstun depends on how far the drive's "bite" is from the other character.

Up close you get like level 0 hitstun, but spaced just right enough for a leisure followup into bnb.

Just try spacing it a bit more, and tell me if it helps. It did for me, haha.

What's the benefit of dashing after 236D~C to hit 5C?

I've tried Hazama BnB's without adding to dash and it still hits

Also what are some good combos after a AA 2C?

it's for when you hit with the edge of the 21d~c. you'll be able to barely follow it up with 5c but 2c won't link afterwards so you can't really complete the combo. dashing just gets you closer so you can follow up. Helpful after 5c(2) > 3c as it pushes them away a fair bit if you're not up close.

and for AA 2C

CH > 4D~D > j.214B# - Might be able to add a 4D~A if you CH them close to the ground.

Normal high hit - 4D~A > 4D~D > j.214b#

Low hit - j.214B# to play it safe. You could also do 4D~Ax but that might not work if they're too close and low.

Thats why sometimes people use 5a/5c as AA. Links to 5c/2c respectively to pop them in the air a bit for chain follow up.

what do you guys think about tk Hirentotsu? (2147B)

alone its pretty nice, but I have yet to figure out how to combo after it (even with rapid?) or put it in a blockstring

wondering if anyone did the same and knows if its comboable?

helpful topic btw

day1 hazama here

TK Hirentotsu isn't very good since it has recovery time on the ground, zero priority, and the first couple active frames do not hit below him so it comes out kinda slow. I'm pretty sure you have to RC to combo off of it unless you get a counter hit while the opponent is airborne.

I would really only use hirentotsu outside of a combo when your opponent is above you and you are both in the air (works great against Arakune and Rachel occasionally, as they like to be floating up in the air out of reach of most normal AA a lot). Any other use and its easily reacted to and punished.

I use it when I don't feel like doing a normal BnB combo and instead just knock the opponent down.

It doesn't work very well by just jumping and doing it, and you're right, you can't combo off of it.

Aside from the j.214B#'s Hirentotsu can also be used like this: (Any direction)D~D > j.B > j.214B. This will hit the opponent down, very good when you hit someone in the air with a chain and do the ~D followup, but it works on the ground as well.

That works, but usually you can replace the jB with jCx2-3 at least for significantly better damage, even the first hit of jC does more than jB.

lol, true. I just wanted to sound easier, since it's easy to go from j.B to Hirentotsu as opposed to doing the j.C's first.

Uses for TK Wind Serpent's Fang:

- Break primer

- Avoid low hits

- Gutsy anti-air

- Trolling

It's only comboable on CH too.

214D~C 6> 6 > 5c

OK so getting the dash consistently after 236D~C is the most frustrating part about Hazama for me. Are there any other tricks to help me get this down?

I think that's very well explained already. If you can't get that then I guess you will just have to do without it :v

Just try to start the combo when you are closer to your opponent. I have managed many without doing the dashing.

Instead, when you are far try other things like block strings with 214D~A or 236D...

If you have trouble with the zaneiga->short dash->5C, you could try 3C->short dash->2B->5C->air combo. Its not that easy either, but I find that its less likely to screw up my timing for the jump.