Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Onslaught

[CS1] Hazama FAQ

Advice on the Hazama Mission 6 Combo? I can do all of it except for the dash. Is there any advice on how to get that dash in there or is it all just gonna take a shitton of trial and error?

One of the major problems is getting it to do 5C instead of 6C after the dash...

It takes a bit of practice, but what you need to do is (basically) trust that the dash will come out. What I mean by that is, a lot of people (when trying to do a quick dash) tend to hold down the 2nd tap to make sure that it'll come out. This causes the 6C to come out instead of the 5C. Holding down that 2nd tap isn't going to help you any, the dash either comes out or it doesn't. The first thing you need to do is just get the feel of quickly tapping 6 until you can consistently get that quick little dash out. Once you do that, then you can worry about adding the 5C.

Sometimes a 2C CH will allow you to delay yourself a little and follow up with 623D, but only do that if you're near a corner. 90% of the time, you'll want to 4D~D > j.214B#. It's damage is good, and it builds that awesome heat.

It takes a bit of practice, but what you need to do is (basically) trust that the dash will come out. What I mean by that is, a lot of people (when trying to do a quick dash) tend to hold down the 2nd tap to make sure that it'll come out. This causes the 6C to come out instead of the 5C. Holding down that 2nd tap isn't going to help you any, the dash either comes out or it doesn't. The first thing you need to do is just get the feel of quickly tapping 6 until you can consistently get that quick little dash out. Once you do that, then you can worry about adding the 5C.

Dunno. I'm having problems with that one too. I can get the dash, but not the 5C in before recovery. Explains why I don't really bother with it when I play online :|. Also explains why I drop combos when they end up too far away from me :|

Dunno if this was asked before, is there a trick to doing IB> Jayoku? I can get IB down if the block string is predictable but the Jayoku doesnt come out. Am I suppose to delay the 236236 a bit till the white flash comes out or is it suppose to be when u press 4? cuz i tried 41236236b and it doesnt seem to want to come out.

You have to remember that even with IB, there is still a bit of blockstun. You'll probably have a better time of it if you learn to quickly go from IB to neutral then to Houtenjin.

Is there a good way to practice IB > Jayoku offline? I mean, it's pretty easy to do when you're sure your IB is going to come out next time the opponent hits you, but it's definitely not like that against other players.

Or is there actually a decent window of time in between IBing and Jayoku, so you have time to confirm that you've IB'd?

It takes a bit of practice, but what you need to do is (basically) trust that the dash will come out.

Good lord this is the best advice you will receive when doing a dash from the 214D~C into 5C. I just sat in the training room and did the combo with the dash into 5C until I was getting it at a higher success rate. The more reps of success the more ingrained into muscle memory it becomes. Also when playing a match not just in challenge mode it helps to just do the dash in the combo regardless of the spacing. Simply because most of the time you will not need the dash but if you ever do you will never need to worry about it. This is just my approaching to it and its been working out for me, with everyone's help on dustloop of course.

I've been working on 623D to 632146C for the past two days. Nothing but failure on my part, does anyone have any tips on the timing for this?

I've been working on 623D to 632146C for the past two days. Nothing but failure on my part, does anyone have any tips on the timing for this?

They need to be fairly high off the ground when you use 623d for it to connect, otherwise they will have time to tech roll. Also this is a link and not a cancel, so basically you want your input for the super to be ending the moment the recovery on 623d ends. You have to do the command a lot later than you think, otherwise nothing comes out, i found this to be easier when i slow down the super command a bit, but your mileage may vary.

They need to be fairly high off the ground when you use 623d for it to connect, otherwise they will have time to tech roll. Also this is a link and not a cancel, so basically you want your input for the super to be ending the moment the recovery on 623d ends. You have to do the command a lot later than you think, otherwise nothing comes out, i found this to be easier when i slow down the super command a bit, but your mileage may vary.

How high is fairly high? Hazama's height? 2 Hazama's?

You want 623D to be extending close to it's max range. I'd say a fair guess would be a little over two hazama's height off the ground.

1. Go training mode

2. Record blockstring

3. ???

4. Profit

Well yeah, that's what I've been doing, but it becomes predictable once you know the exact blockstring the training dummy is gonna use.

Well yeah, that's what I've been doing, but it becomes predictable once you know the exact blockstring the training dummy is gonna use.

That's pretty much what IB is all about, you have to be able to predict at least a little bit what your opponent is doing. If you are uncomfortable with that, just IB moves that are really easy to do so on reaction, like 2 hit moves that are slow or obvious. Once you start getting a feel for different timings in block strings, you'll be able to IB more and more of them.

If u can hit a 4D or 6D twice and 623D lands without blue beating the 632146C connects pretty well if you time the C press as soon as their body bounces the first time. This is assuming u get the 4D or 6D hits from some sort of air launcher.

At what times should I use j.2C instead of j.B?

Best would be when you hit them crouching with a chain and pull in, at certain distances you can't do j.B nor j.2C after chain. Also j.2C mixup kinda works(?) 2B>5C>(2C)>JC>j.2C, they have to block 2B low so it's a guessing game from there on, they'll probably expect a 3C after a 5C so j.2C should catch them off, if not you can go straight into 3C after you land anyways.

Alright is there a purpose to 236D? I've been trying to figure it out but I can't seem to find a decent use outside of ending blockstrings and even that is risky, it has a fun CH effect that sends people flying but...idk it seems like a move that is a little out of place for him, any advice?

you can throw it out to trick people from time to time or make some distance if they're too close

236D is primarily used after 3C after a blockstring for a number of reasons :

3C is like -12 or something on block, if you special cancel with 236D you're now +1 on block ( even if they IB it, you're at -4 which is safe in BB ).

236D also catches people trying to mash jump after a block 3C for a free hit, and it's useful for spacing if your opponent likes to barrier guard a lot.

I heared an option select being mentioned in a video online, where if an opponent lies in the corner and techs forward, you hit him with a houtenjin. Does anyone know if it's true and what exactly this option select is ?