Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Onslaught

[CS1] Hazama FAQ

Im new at this game only 27 but I this the 5a is should be used only as AA at the last moment as they the end up in your face after they jump, You should probably be block untill then also try using 5c and 2c as AA's

That what I do at lest. I catch 2 5a's and follow up with a 5c into a 4D the rest is your imagination. Im not sure about 2a I think it AA in the corner after j.214b If they roll backwards

I can only use 5C and 2C if I'm certain opponent will jump at me. 5A and 2A are great as reaction AA's, not prediction. With Jin I use 2a all the time as AA and consider is as one of the best tools in my game. I know that 5A for hazama is just as good, or even slightly better, because I played some Hazama, his name starts with XAQ...... His use of 5A was SO GOOD, I was afraid to jump at him; he is also the best Hazama I'd faced so far, by a huge margin, too.

2) I see that some people charge 214D~C (until blue shadow motion) after 3C. Is there an advantage to this? I normally just go for straight 214D~C without charge. If I recall correctly damage is the same on charged and non-charged 214D.

The charged version of 214D~C does a little bit more damage than a non-charged one.

XAQshinor
yep, that's the name, but this is not his real account though.

The charged version of 214D~C does a little bit more damage than a non-charged one.
Yeah, there is a slight difference. Thanks.

I can only use 5C and 2C if I'm certain opponent will jump at me. 5A and 2A are great as reaction AA's, not prediction. With Jin I use 2a all the time as AA and consider is as one of the best tools in my game. I know that 5A for hazama is just as good, or even slightly better, because I played some Hazama, his name starts with XAQ...... His use of 5A was SO GOOD, I was afraid to jump at him; he is also the best Hazama I'd faced so far, by a huge margin, too.

His name is Zidane. XAQshinor plays Mu, not Hazama.

Zidane and his gay ass Hazama just happened to be playing at Xaq's house on his account. so if ur playing on weekends and see XAQshinor or Mynus, you could be playing against any and up to 4 different ppl who all play diff chars.

Idk if this was asked b4 but I was watching the video titled 'How to loose with hazama staple bnb combos" and i was just curious when you do 623D after you throw the person behind u how do u cancel it into a j6D and grab them when the hit the ground? thought they made 623D non jc

Why can't I combo 623D into j.6D~D? It always blue beats or they tech before I can hit them.

Well, first this combo is character specific, and only works on Tager, Rachel, Taokaka, Arakune, and Hakumen. If you're testing it on anyone else, it probably won't work. Second, they have to be near the very tip of 623D's range in order to connect j.6D afterwards. That is why this combo is character specific, the hitboxes of the aforementioned characters make it possible to hit them with 623D at weird angles that wouldn't be possible on the remaining cast. At first, try testing this combo on characters like Tager to get a feel for the timing. It's much easier on him than the rest of the cast, and it should help to master the technique on him first. In my own experience, it also seems quite easy to use Neutral Throw > 6D~A > 6D~A > 623D > j.6D~D on Taokaka. The key to timing the j.6D correctly is holding up/forward beforehand and as soon as you leave the ground, using j.6D. In this manner you're rolling your thumb (on a pad) from the upforward direction to only the forward direction and pressing D.

This is probably what you're wondering.

I'm having trouble canceling 623D into j.6D~D. I know it's character specific and all but when I cancel it for whatever reason it seems like it automatically does 6D. Do I just need to work on the timing and do it sooner?

This is probably what you're wondering.

sweet. thanks for the help!

another question...

I was watching a matsu vs zakiyama vid a couple of months back and i notice a TK loop in the corner.

[2147b > 2b > 5c] xN

Is this also character specific b/c i tried on tager and ragna and random ppl and i cant seem to get the timing down.

I'm having trouble canceling 623D into j.6D~D. I know it's character specific and all but when I cancel it for whatever reason it seems like it automatically does 6D. Do I just need to work on the timing and do it sooner?

The j6D needs to be timed very precisely. Basically, you have to jump and j6D as soon as Jakou's recovery ends. It can't be "canceled" unless you RC it.

another question...

I was watching a matsu vs zakiyama vid a couple of months back and i notice a TK loop in the corner.

[2147b > 2b > 5c] xN

Is this also character specific b/c i tried on tager and ragna and random ppl and i cant seem to get the timing down.

I believe the combo you are seeing is after an FC Houtenjin. I'm pretty sure FC is required for that to work.

The j6D needs to be timed very precisely. Basically, you have to jump and j6D as soon as Jakou's recovery ends. It can't be "canceled" unless you RC it.

That's what I meant. When I RC Jakou it does 6D and I don't know why.

because you're pressing 6D?

623D > wait for throw > A+B+C(Rapid Cancel) > j.6D.

If you RC it just wait to see him jump, you have plenty of time.

I apologize for this likely being a REALLY obvious question, but I'm having issues with Hazama's 6th mission in challenge mode. I can land 5B, 3C, 214D, dash, 5C, 2C, 4D, 5D but when I do that 5D I go too high to land the j.Cx5.

Is this just some timing issue I'm having? I'm assume I either need to do that 5D earlier or later to make sure they're higher in the air or something.

Yeah, I figured it was either was BO said or a matter of hitting j.C earlier. I haven't really gotten a chance to try it out today but soon enough I will.