Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Onslaught

[CS1] Hazama FAQ

I keep getting venom sword and hungry coil, mixed up. What's the difference between the inputs? because the command list makes them seem similar. Also is there a proper way to do a short dash?

Sword = 236D - hadouken motion

Hungry Coils = 623D - Shoryuken motion.

And read back a couple of posts for how to do the dash.

Dash is cancellable into i think pretty much anything.

The important thing about 214d~c is that the dash is a link not a cancel. So you do the dash right after the animation finishes.

I can't figure out the timing for > 623D > 632146C. I get it every once it a while... but I'm having a hard time completing challenge 9 because of this.

lol...

Start out doing the 632 while Hazama is still recovering from 623D. Then keep the 146C going when he's completely done... you just got to get his animation down.

I know because I had the same problem... I failed 3 times doing this, then I got it.

I've been pondering something.

When you successfully hit someone with your chain from Mid-screen to Full-screen distance away with 5D or j.3D, after following up with the follow-up D, which would be better to hit them from the Air before hitting them with 3C on the ground, j.B or j.2C?

overall j.b > 5b > 3c does more damage

j.2c > 3c is just alot more reliable hell j.2c > 5b > 3c works too. hit-stun on j.2c is massive. it's just that j.b has less proration which adds up in the long run. I think you can do 4d~a > 4d~d as well instead of only 4d~d.

If you're going to use j.b, hit it when you're close to them otherwise 5b won't link sometimes (because it takes too long to land i think)

Saw some one else was having the hungry coil / venom sword mix up I am stuck on. Did you find a way around it? I'm stuck on challenge 3 part 2 and keep popping out swords instead of coils.

Using J.B after 5D-D is very good and I believe is better for distance. For me I'm like 70-30 with using J.2C and I end up either being over the the OP with the J.2C or I'm to far away lol. Hazama requires work for damage man, playing him online is soo......... idk, hard? lol. Or maybe I just suck lol

If you get a 5D~D hitconfirm then you're free to throw out whatever you want. If you're flying in on a random 5D, j.B might beat out an antiair, but I'd mostly just block and bait it out.

Okay so lets say i just hit my opponent with with a combo that ends in j.214B#. What do i do now? What are my options to apply pressure? or am i just supposed to GTFO and play the full screen hit confirm game all over again?

Also how am i supposed to get in with him. I usually zone out and wait for a confirmed chain and the only other way I can get damage is punishment off unsafe stuff? I have a feeling this is the only way to play him which i don't mind I like the style but when my opponent corners me and knows how to apply good pressure it's like HELL I have good reactions but i cant possibly block everything, so usually I like to be the aggressor so I don't have to deal with the corner rape that gets dished out on me once in a while.

Your gameplan starts the moment you get knockdown. :V

2A's your friend for people who like to roll, 2B if they don't like to tech. Don't get out of their face the moment you get knockdown; keep applying the pressure. That's pretty much his style.

214D trip is useful, 5B frame traps are useful, IAD crossup is useful. You don't have to keep defending. Just be sure you know which moves are unsafe for Hazama and be prepared to block.

any help please? it changes when you use ouroboros, but even when it's at zero you can still use it and it just goes back to 2. or at least it seems so. if this was in a faq, sorry, i couldn't find it

Pretty sure this was in the guide.

Anyway, it's the number of chain pulls you can do. That is, it's the number of followups to D. So if you have 0, you can still throw out the chain, but you wouldn't be able to pull yourself towards it. It goes back to 2 when you hit your opponent with the chain or if you stay grounded for a couple of seconds.

If you land a 6D or j.D, and are able to hit confirm it, and if you don't think 623D would hit them if you land the 6D, after you follow up with another D, what's the best combo to use once you reach them?

I usually just use j.B,214B, but I'm wondering if there's a better or more damaging combo to do that I don't know about.

Take out j.B and do j.C or j.2C? It is more damaging, even though j.2C is better for opponents on the ground. As for combos... I tried doing the j.214B# but I always fly to the other side because of the momentum, I'm sure this is doable... but you need to time it right (?).

j.c(1-2) or j.b (I think j.b might do more damage overall since less proration to the dj.c's) to be safe and dj.cx5 > j.214b

Takes a bit of practice with the momentum but far better.

You can actually cancel his drives directly into 623D without using the A followup, but you have to delay it a bit.

you can cancel into 623D anytime ouroboros hits, on hit or block, no delay needed. You may want to delay it for spacing purposes if you are planning to try and combo into a 3c xx jayoku or something however.

You can cancel directly into 623D without hitting A first. However, most of the time, the result is more advantageous if you do D~A and then 623D.

You can cancel directly into 623D without hitting A first. However, most of the time, the result is more advantageous if you do D~A and then 623D.

what are the advantages for D~A instead of just canceling into Jakou?

Releasing the chain causes the opponent to be knocked up slightly into the air. The higher an enemy is in the air when you use Jakou, the closer they'll be to you when they hit the ground and the longer they stay there before they can recover. You'll be able to catch them with 632146C, dash in for 3C > 236236B, or even go for a quick j6D for a reset if the opponent rolls (and with some characters, that'll even combo with the proper timing).

Advice on the Hazama Mission 6 Combo? I can do all of it except for the dash. Is there any advice on how to get that dash in there or is it all just gonna take a shitton of trial and error?

One of the major problems is getting it to do 5C instead of 6C after the dash...

Releasing the chain causes the opponent to be knocked up slightly into the air. The higher an enemy is in the air when you use Jakou, the closer they'll be to you when they hit the ground and the longer they stay there before they can recover. You'll be able to catch them with 632146C, dash in for 3C > 236236B, or even go for a quick j6D for a reset if the opponent rolls (and with some characters, that'll even combo with the proper timing).

wow thanks alot for the great info there, i have to practice that then, because everytime i try and go for 4d~a x 2 > 623D i miss it =/