Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Onslaught

[CS1] Hazama FAQ

I saw that and as far as my understanding goes it should be something like this:

After you j.214B# someone in the corner then you do 214214AB so that if they tech backwards then you simply hit them with 5A, 2A, 5B, or 2B... depending on how you press the buttons, I guess. If they tech forward then you will use Jayoku... because of the cross up and your inputs. I'm not 100% sure if this is right but I bet it is something like that.

After I j214B# someone in the corner, I usually prefer to go for 2A for rolls and 236C frame trap for neutral tech. Though, if they have good DPs or DDs with invulnerable frames/priority, I like to bait them and go into a BnB or Houtenjin if I have the heat.

Amen to that kazukifafner. I love baiting Jin's invulnerable 623A/B, etc, or whatever the command is. The problem is, I get a lot of people with a 236236B on wakeup. I know good players aren't supposed to fall for that, but it's working. I've always wondered, should I keep it up, or break the bad habits, and learn a new way to get into 236236B in the corner. I know IB'ing's great, but I haven't even close to mastered that yet. And how well does wake up 2A serve for getting out of pressure in the corner.

For the most I'd advise you to break the habit, unless you have the heat to rapid, but that's just wasting heat. I've been in that habit myself and after eating a 5k FC from Ragna, ehh, never again.

For the most I'd advise you to break the habit, unless you have the heat to rapid, but that's just wasting heat. I've been in that habit myself and after eating a 5k FC from Ragna, ehh, never again.

Alternatively what I do now is buffer a jayoku while teching and react to anything they throw out. If they don't then I just go to a back motion (depending on character) right when I finish teching.

Also IB Bugs > Jayoku :v:

Especially when you recover fast enough to follow up :psyduck:

2A + quick tech is usually really really good against people who are too aggressive. Abuse and reuse.

Wakeup Jayoku is suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper baitable. :V

When should you use C Chain to reel yourself in instead of D chain? I almost always use D chain and barely any of the others except for A Chain when I'm zoning, so I just want to know when are a few good times to use C Chain.

C followup is good for pulling you to a specific spot, since D can easily pull you past your desired stopping point unless you cancel into something. C followup is also good for crossing up certain characters that react to D followup on block.

Hi. I'm having trouble knowing which combo should I do in which situation. It is what's stopping me from becoming an advanced player. For example: when should i do 5B > 3C > 214D~C > (Dash) 5C > 2C > 4D~A > 4D~D > j.214B# and when should i do 5B > 3C > 214D~C > (Dash) 5C > (JC) [j.C x 5] > (Land) 2C > 4D~D > j.214B#?? when should i dash? what happens if (in other combo's) the juggle 5C hit the enemy low, early, late, high? I have many doubts in the same kind of those questions, i read many pages, but none of them helped me get down the timing and position. They just pasted the combos and say which character can suffer that combo and which cant?. Thanks in advance. BTW my english is not fluid, it is not my primary language. Thanks again.

Hazama is all about positioning so those combos you talked about at the beginning can be done either way according of the situation, how well do you feel at the moment about doing them, or just simply because one does more damage than the other. Hazama's dash is not the greatest. It's just there to quickly get in on the enemy and do something close range, like 236C or 2A for pressure. In any combo, 5C should be pretty straight forward. If 5C hits low you should be able to cancel into 2C > BnB. I dunno about hitting late or early... it doesn't make much of a difference if you land the hit, although late seems much better in my head. When you hit 5C high, like if the enemy is jumping or something, I cancel straight into 4D~A > 4D~D > j.214# or 4D~A > 4D~A > 623D if they are further away.

Thanks, Ouroboros. You said in the first sentence that the combos I mentioned as examples can be done according to the situation and that is exactly the knowledge I'm lacking. In which situation should I do one combo over other different combo (other than damage), assuming it is a "Bnb" combo started with 5B. I have already done the challenge mode for Hazama and can do, with no problems (and memorized), all of his combos, but the doubt surged watching "high level" games (buppa, Zakiyama and others) and some times they did different combos when they could do the same. In which situation should I do a specific combo?

Pardon my scrubbiness... I'm going through Hazama's challenges, and I'm having a lot of trouble on challenge 6. The dash after 214D~C in the bnb they have you do was giving me problems, but I think I got that worked out. What's giving me an issue now is getting all the hits of his j.C properly. I keep finding myself jump cancelling the 4th hit really easily, but the challenge and the proper way to do it is to get 5 hits... If I try and delay a little bit, I tend to not get the jump at all. I'm absolutely making sure to hit C 5 times, and I'm doing it with a fairly even pace between each hit. Is there some trick to getting it, like using a different rhythm in the hits? Is it legitimately any easier to jump cancel out of the 4th hit than the 5th, or is it just in my head?

If the answer is just "practice more", that's fine, I just figured I'd take a minute and check in here in case I'm missing something that could make my life easier.

The j.c x5 part of a bnb combo is just something you get a feel for. Hell i just mash it every time, you eventually get a feel for when to stop, hit the jump cancel, and do the next round of mashing. Same with getting a feel for when to do the input for j.214B. Pay attention the sounds and such, they can be a great cue to get your muscle memory down. Hazama's combos feel really awkward at first, but as soon as you figure out all the quirks, they are really very easy. I know because my execution is hot garbage, and i hit even his difficult stuff with regularity.

Thanks, Ouroboros. You said in the first sentence that the combos I mentioned as examples can be done according to the situation and that is exactly the knowledge I'm lacking. In which situation should I do one combo over other different combo (other than damage), assuming it is a "Bnb" combo started with 5B. I have already done the challenge mode for Hazama and can do, with no problems (and memorized), all of his combos, but the doubt surged watching "high level" games (buppa, Zakiyama and others) and some times they did different combos when they could do the same. In which situation should I do a specific combo?

That is true, lol. I think the reason why some people do different combos at different times is to throw the opponent off. If you do the same thing over and over then you become a very predictable target. This only happens when playing the same person for a while though... so you don't need to worry about that in things like Ranked Matches, heck, you can spam the same combo as much as you want in Ranked because of the fact that they won't be expecting it.

I'm sure people like Buppa, and Zakiyama, have gone up against their opponents countless times so they need to mix up their combos and do new things to throw them off.

I'm sure there is more reason behind it, like the combo quickly crosses their head at the moment and they go for it.

Overall, Hazama is a "many options to take" sort of character... so taking advantage of that and mixing up your game is what makes you a better player. But if you think about it, many good players out there do the same thing over and over as well. How many times have you seen Bang start up his usual combo using 5A? How many times have you seen Jin's air combo been done, or Ragna's Burial Edge combo? But, hey, what can you do?

How do I time 6D~A, 6D(~A), 623D after B+C?

I have no problems with his 4D~A, 4D~D midcombo or his dash 3C after 623D, yet I find it incredibly difficult to time the [6D~A, 6D(~A), 623D] part after a neutral grab.

Any pointers?

Regarding the combo after throw, you should be mashing 6 and D during the throw, and the second it connects, press A. Then half a second later, firmly press 6D again at the same time. Don't go 6 then D or else you'll walk forward and mess it up.

The 623 throw can be done two ways. You can press A after the second chain and then do 623 as quickly as possible, but you can also do 623D literally a second after the second (or first) 6D connects. It doesn't work on Jin and Carl, but I find it makes the timing a lot easier to deal with.

If you're having a problem with 6D after the throw. Use the sound cue and press 6D when you hear the hit sound. That's what I do and it works out pretty well. Practice a bit in training mode and you'll get it after 5 minutes tops.

Ah thanks, finally got the whole thing down repeatedly... but now I have trouble with the follow-up to that, nameley how do I time the j.6D~D after a 623D?

This is from a character specific combo:

5C > 3C > 214D~C > 5C > 2C > 6D~A > 4D~A > 623D > (Back Jump) j.6D~D > 2C > 4D~A > 4D~D > j.214B#

I'm practicing vs Tager with this one, but he always recover before the j.6D hits him. Can I break the combo apart btw? i.e. is the hitstun enough after say [ grab, 6D~A, 6D, 623D ] do do the j.6D follow-up? Or does it only work in that exact combo?

623D has different recovery time at different ranges. In throws, the 623D is far away, and in the combo you posted, 623D is done close up. Trying doing the 623D the way the combo tells you to do it.

I think that's the problem, but if it isn't, I imagine you have to somehow buffer the backdash.

I'm having trouble connecting 2B after 623D. Do you need to use 623D at a certain height for it to work?

Pretty much. Generally when you're near the corner and the 623D throws them into the corner. The further they are across the chain the longer you have to dash 2B. (so you can do it mid-chain length if you're in the corner).

Pretty much. Generally when you're near the corner and the 623D throws them into the corner. The further they are across the chain the longer you have to dash 2B. (so you can do it mid-chain length if you're in the corner).

So should it generally be possible to do ...214D~C>5C>2C>623D>2B...? Because if it should be, I REALLY need to work on my timing :|

So should it generally be possible to do ...214D~C>5C>2C>623D>2B...? Because if it should be, I REALLY need to work on my timing :|

I can't imagine that it wouldn't work (especially since I do it all the time using 2A to catch forward roll and the following up with 5C > 2C > 623D > 2B > etc.), though, if you can, you might want to consider using 4D before Jakou for the added height and damage.

Confirmed. Hazama in corner

5B, 3C, 214D~C, 5C, 2C, 623D, 2B, 5C, 2C, 4D~D, j.214# works out results in 3344 damage (yes the timing is very tight. It will be just before they can tech on the ground)

you can add a 4D~A, in between the 2C and 623D to make sure. This variant works better if they are far away when you hit 5B and does 3453 damage.

Enjoy!