Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blade

Wisconsin, the "other" Hollywood.

Gotcha. Yeah, let's try next week if you have time. I don't think I'll have anything going on other than being really busy with work. Friday next week should work fine. Maybe earlier, I just don't know yet.

Thursday night will work best this week. I'll be working late all week, but I should be able to get off work Thursday at a somewhat decent time. Let me know if you're still up for games.

Agggggh, sorry about the late reply. If you have no plans yet, I could bus out like around 7:00?

Bluh, if not this week, what nights work next week? I'm gonna actually subscribe to this thread now....

Sorry, I missed your response Thursday. I'll be working until probably at least 6 every night this week, but you can shoot me a text at some point and we can figure out when. I don't get cell reception at work, but I'll be able to respond when I get off. I'm about to send you a PM with my #.

Hey guys, I'm an absolute beginner. As in I don't have a grasp of any of the game at all. I've just played it a bit when I had some pal's into FGs over. However, with Christmas done I've got a bit extra cash and conveniently BBCS Extend is coming out around the corner so I'll be pre-ordering it. Was hoping I could get in on some games or something along those lines to start the long process of getting decent. I've got a tiny bit of fighting game experience but that's really all. Nothing nearly as execution-heavy or fast paced as Blazblue. I'm willing to show up regularly for gatherings if that's how you guys do things.

I'm located in Westbend, or at least will be within the next 2-ish weeks once my move from Chicago to WI is completed.

Yo, yeah we don't really have much of a scene in this state sadly. We have a few players in Madison, but nobody other than myself really wants to main BB, everyone either wants to play Marvel or Smash or maybe SF. You're free to come over some time for some games, but it looks like it will be around an hour and a half or more drive. If you want to make the drive I'll play and give you some pointers etc. Otherwise I'll be up for netplay.

Well, are you going to Frosty Faustings? It's being held in a couple of weeks and will likely have the largest (read: maybe more than 8) turnout a BB tournament around here has had since Chicago Heart (which had 16 I think). I have a copy of Extend, and will be bringing a setup for that. There's a poll on which version to run, last I checked Extend seemed like it was winning.

Hi Sephalump. I've been bringing Blazblue once in a while to the Madison SC4 gatherings (I vaguely remember talking to you on 8wr a few months ago) to play with Omari, so if you come to those, you could probably get some practice in then. That being said, me, omari, and AkumaKaze who just moved into some place north of Madison are the only people that really bother with the game that show up to SC events, and none of us are on the level of dooku. They're actually running a BB tournament on their next one (Jan 7), but that clashes with Frosty Faustings so I'll most likely not show up that day.

@dooku, to my knowledge your schedule is pretty much completely open this week? We should get some games in. I ordered extend, but it seems to have got caught in the holiday rush.

I'll definitely look into making the trip. If I can find public transportation or anything similar I'll for sure be showing up a bit. If not it might take some time to get myself set(finding a job, school, getting my other hobbies set up) before that'll be able to happen. I'll actually start looking into transportation now since I've got access to a computer(broke mine). Shouldn't be too hard, but I'll be willing to make the trip once I find a way to do it for games.

Sure thing, I'm always up for BB so let me know if you're ever able to make the trip.

Bumping in case other people from Madison lurk here randomly.

We have two players with extend if that generates any extra interest <.<

Bored as hell, sick of fighting games online, wanna meet up and do whatevers with people.

Pick a weekend, ANY weekend. I'm in West Milwaukee.

why didnt i find a Wisconsin thread sooner!!!!! I'm in north Milwaukee the only fight games i play are tekken and BB.... i wantz to play you guys >.<

If you guys want to play people in Milwaukee, post here, since barely anyone checks this thread:

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/wisconsin-we-love-pizza-tacos-pho-and-fighting-games.140194/

They hold gatherings in Milwaukee pretty regularly, with a tournament at romine's about every month or so. They were gauging interest in BB for the next tournament, so if you really want to play some extend against people you should show up and support your scene, since BB scene has basically killed itself anyways. I go to the tournaments at Romine's if I am able to make it, so I'll play if you guys show up there.

Hey Dooku, bring you guys over to Nickel City on Saturday, Illinois actually has a thread on Dustloop again and people are trying to show up to play Blazblue!

Or are Alex and Sanchaz at Final Round?

I'm available in Madison, on most weekends; though I'm *really* bad, so bare that in mind. This weekend wouldn't work however.

Hey, sorry for disappearing since January, but I actually have a PS3 and a copy of Extend now! My Tuesdays and Thursdays are the best days, and weekends depend on work schedule.

Being broke means I don't have the latest FGs...I've been playing Dissidia Duodecim alot again though.

You know what would be awesome for my Birthday? Somebody coming over the playing fighting games with me! (Wishful thinking).

Hello There!

I came in here to post about the Midwest ASW Facebook Group. The purpose of this group is to help spread the word on events happening in the Midwest. So instead of posting your events only in the forums, you can post them there so that everyone in the Midwest area knows what events are happening nearby so they're aware and may go to your events. This also help with the spread of information since everyone doesn't always hit up Dustloop and may not be aware of any events happening in the Midwest that one may be able to go to with enough notice. Also, you can find matches with certain individuals with the Midwest ASW Player's Log, so if you are having issues with a match-up that may not exist in your scene, there may be someone in the Midwest area that can help you with that.

So if you guys are interested in joining the group, please join up and get in here!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/734565093227697/

Thank You!

Yoooooooo, I'm in Milwaukee! Hit me up! I play just about any fighter. BB/P4/GG/SF/AH3/Aquapazza/Tekken/DOA/and just a bit of MVC3. Fighters I hardly play are injustice/MK9/Virtua Fighter

You can also hit me up on my cell. 414-469-0687.

After all this time, I totally forgot this thread existed.... and that I could actually SUBSCRIBE to it. :v: