Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blade

Wisconsin, the "other" Hollywood.

I'm alive and in Milwaukee, and looking to take my game from "Netplay" to "Actual".

How is the scene in general? I assume we're mostly piggybacking off of Chicago-area events, but I'm trying to get connected to whatever I can and need to know about most everything. Anything I can get directed to is good by me.

Scenes?  Events?  What are those?

They don't exist in Milwaukee, to my knowledge... if they do, people have kept me in the dark about them.

Still, if you want to play me some time, feel free to add my PSN.

are there any aquapazza players in Wisconsin?! Add me on PSN if you play AP.

Awwwwwwwwwww shit! Yo I play aquapazza. I main touka. My PSN is SaveTheQueenIV. I'll add ya.

Not sure how many of you cats are gonna be playing Xrd once it's released but we'll be starting ranbats in the Milwaukee area a few weeks after the US release. I'm just doing an interest check before I go ahead and set the wheels in motion. :3

I'll be moving (back) to Milwaukee circa January, and hopefully I'll get Xrd by then (no PS3). With or without Xrd, I'd be glad to go to some ranbats.

NappyJin!  It's been ages dude.

Unfortunately because of the recent Aksys delay I won't have my copy of GGXrd right away (I'm getting the LE version), but chances are I *will* have Gundam Breaker 2 at some point sooner than that due to it being delivered air economy.

If you guys are willing to wait for me to get my copy, let me know the where in Milwaukee you want to consider (and the date of course).

Yo, I've been inactive on these boards for quite a while. Y'know, life and shit. The ranbats will be taking place at my apartment in West Allis, so it shouldn't be too difficult to get to. The only detail I don't have set in stone is the duration of the ranbat season. I plan on starting on January 3rd, which is a Saturday, and if attendance is lower than it could be I'll figure out which day is best for everyone. Until then (and after for that matter) I'll be hosting sessions on random days, at least once a week and at most three times a week when I'm able to do so. I'm sure I'll forget to check here consistently, but you can add me on PSN (UglySocial1te) and just message me there cuz I'm usually online and I'm more likely to check my inbox there. :3

You should update your PSN username, Nappy, it still says "TheMightyCBee". :)

Oh yeah, and by the way I got a Digital Copy of GGXrd, so I'm good to go for local lobbies online.

Mimeblade is my PSN.

I'm tempted to go to your West "By God" Allis Ranbats though.

I play Tekken on that account so I still use it from time to time lol. The ranbats are mainly for funsies with the other goal being improvement of course.

Anime Milwaukee is taking place at the Hyatt and nearby center on February 13, 14, and 15 (2015).

Apparently Jin Kisaragi's English VA is going to be there, along with a lot of other big names.

Not sure if I'm going to go, it's $45 at the door.

GGXrd wasn't listed in the game room (DIVE KICK?  SERIOUSLY A DIVE KICK TOURNAMENT? I HATE YOU MILWAUKEE!), even so, I plan on bringing my copy of the game "just in case", IF I do decide to go.

There's a ton of anime and junk and merch, so bring your wallet, food, and/or cellphone since last I checked there's only ONE payphone in the whole damn hotel.

There will be cosplayers, artists, and other things too... lots of anime to watch, manga to read, etc. etc.

And hey, if you want to meet ME in person (the biggest Guilty Gear nerd in the Midwest), there's a chance I'll be there too.

It's Saturday night, and I ain't got nobody!

I got some money 'cuz I just got paid!

Now how I wish I had someone to talk to!

I'm in an awful way!

Hi KingTenth!  You're in my neck of the woods! FINALLY SOMEONE LIVES NEAR ME.

P.S. Does anyone know of any local arcades in Milwaukee that still exist?  Or good places to meet up?

So does anyone go to the 42Lounge?

Just found out about this place, there's one in Downtown Milwaukee and St. Francis.

They have some nice gaming chairs (they glow in the dark lol).

Looking for some GG/BB local players to meet face-to-face.

I might drop over to Anime Milwaukee, if I have the cash to spare.  I make no guarantees GGXrd will be in the Gaming Center over there, but at the very least I'll bring my GG Codex and Preach the gospel to anyone who wants to talk GG.

P.S.: Litchi's voice actor is going to be making an appearance there so I hear.