Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blade

Wisconsin, the "other" Hollywood.

Unless I get lucky and get steady work by then, I'll probably be broke. :( That and lately Imports just don't do it for me no more.

@Kristoph: Dammit, Thiediev, why haven't you added me yet? You're the best Jin I know locally and you play scrubs, your talent is wasted on such foes.... :8/:

.deredruM. .daeD is daerhT

Happy Halloween, guys. This is the perfect time of year for a MIDNIGHT CARNIVAL.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot this thread was here...

But yeah I need offline competition... Like seriously if anyone's gonna be around Madison any weekend and wants to play BB, GG, Fate Unlimited Codes, HnK, Meltan, or pretty much any other fighter I have let me know. I've got a ton of fighters but nobody to play them with.

I should have taken advantage of having a decent fighting game base while I was still in NC, which I knew about but never went anywhere due to laziness and school. But mostly laziness. I actually think they had gatherings at my college... oh well. Oh and I blame my roommate who said he'd go to a few gatherings and give me a ride too, but never went because he was too free and was scared of being humiliated by his arcana heart stick. Stay free Koney.

And why did F:UC never get a fanbase. Someone play me in this. It's better than BB. Too bad BB is the only fighter I like that has netplay.

I'd probably go, but I have no way to get there or back. Having no car is awesome except when I want to do something outside Madison. Then yeah... it kinda sucks.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?10507-FOCUS-FIRE-EVENT-WONG-MARN-MORE-DEC-11th-amp-12th-OVER-10-000-IN-CASH-PRIZES!

It's now officially confirmed as a main game! If we get enough people to sign up and play, we can get a bigger bracket size and more prize moneys!

Show up! Support the scene!

Or let EC and WC make us free.

Lol google maps. But yeah, it's on the MN border, right at the Mississippi River. Looks like the last place you hit in WI taking 90W.

On a vaguely related note, makes me sad that the rail that was going to connect La Crosse - Madison - Milwaukee is dead thanks to the new governor. I don't give a shit about politics... but yeah that sucks. Even if it would have been like 3-5 years before it was finished, it would have been hella sweet.

Well, if you guys wanna see me actually FIGHT in a tournament (I've fought tournies in Milwaukee/Waukesha areas):

1. I need a ride.

2. I need a place to crash.

3. Give me an outlet and TV and I'll show you my trained PS2 can do magic tricks. lol

4. As for eats, and cash, that can be discussed later.

I love how there's only 3 or 4 WI players that post here and none of us have a car. I'm able to afford it and a hotel and everything, I just have no way of actually getting there.

So unless anyone who's coming from the milwaukee/chicago direction is feeling really generous and is willing to add like a half hour to their trip to give me a ride (I'll pay for gas or whatever), I probably won't show. Also have to make sure it doesn't interfere with anything I might be responsible for that weekend. So yeah. Probably not gonna happen -_-

Actually, after playing BB for the first time in a few weeks, I don't like this game enough anymore to spend the money for this. So yeah, I'm not going, and I'm probably dead on BB until CS2.

I'll just stay free like the rest of WI.

Sometimes I put my username in this forums Search Engine, to see if anyone posted my name somewhere.

The results can sometimes be hilarious. :)

will try to get a ride to this I guess, I'll be in Minnesota though. whatever.

and apparently just 10 entrants at Focus Fire? yeah, I'm definitely making Marvel 3 my main game when that comes out. well, if it has good online at least =/

I don't have MVC3 but so long as Strider's not in it, I'm gonna have a hard time caring.

AH3 isn't "manly" enough for me. The rest just bug me cuz the sprites feel too small.

I may pick up MK9 if it turns out good. Looking forward to Dissidia Duodecim and Versus XIII (might be better than XIII-2.

I gotta file my taxes soon. ._.

Anyone going to Anime Milwaukee this weekend? It's downtown at the Hyatt Hotel this year. I might randomly show up and play some BBCS and MVC3 (I haven't played it yet, so I gotta train a bit).

$25 per day at the door, $40 for a 3-day pass, I might get the latter.

I just might bring my PSP with Dissidia so if you wanna add my friend cards, that's cool too.

It's pretty sad when I go to an anime convention and I'm the only guy there who can play decent BlazBlue, I didn't lose a single match. D:

Man, my posts in this thread were depressing to go back and read.

Regardless, anyone going to UFGT? I'm entering AH3, MvC3, and mystery game. I'd enter BB but I haven't played it in like half a year because the midwest doesn't play this game. I'm thinking about entering anyways and trolling with Tager. Oh wait, he's trash. I'll play casuals anyways if anyone's going.